Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... How was your 2018?S
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So... How was your 2018?S

So, its almost last day of this year. It has been pretty awesome for me so far. I learned more than I could imagine, not just knowledge but things. Experiences. Friends. Health.

How was yours? I don't make resolutions but if you have any for '19, I would love to hear them!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey,

I think 2018 was too fast. Really. Learnt a lot of things. Invested in myself, personally. Grown up. Life is too short, we gotta live it the best we can.

• MikePT said: I think 2018 was too fast

Couldn't agree more

Thanked by 2MikePT eol

@jetchirag said:

MikePT said: I think 2018 was too fast

Couldn't agree more

Everyone I spoke with agrees with this. No idea why though.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Way too fast, yeah.
    But also good.
    No complaints.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

My 2018 was a failure. @MikeET hasn't changed his username to @MikeET.

@JarLard hasn't changed his username, either, and don't talk to me about @Cider.

In 2019, I am hoping that @JohnMiller92 will last longer.

@deank said:

@JarLard hasn't changed his username, either, and don't talk to me about @Cider.

No bakery yet as well. Its in progress.

The end us nigh.

• @deank said:

Have you tried these?

https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Nutrition-Testosterone-Boosters/b/ref=dp_bc_3/145-6945634-0154538?ie=UTF8&node=6973724011

Thanked by 1eol
  • The first half... good.
    The other half... bad.

• Terrible 2018, except december, december is slowly making life easier

Thanked by 1icry
  • It's not over yet.
    There's still a chance...
    Maybe...

• @vovler said:
    Terrible 2018, except december, december is slowly making life easier

Same here! December is getting good.
    Hope 2019 brings only the best!

• Good because found LET

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

Good luck with your new year.

EDIT:
    Maybe.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

It's been a good year overall I guess. Met cool new people. Got a new job (not at sports outlet anymore but now working at University which is kinda cool), learned some new things and passed my exams (next exams are coming january).

In the next year I wish to spend less time on my phone/tablet/pc and hang more out with the people I value. Make time for them more so to speak. They are definitely coming short after Uni/Work/Netflix/phone atm.

For the spanish ppl here (or those who wanna turn on eng. subs):

Also take the test if you feel like it:

https://tenemosquevernosmas.ruavieja.es/en/

• This year was pretty good. I got married in April :smiley:

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2018

This year was pretty good. I got divorced in August :smiley:

also got into a new job for a company, that I really love. matches my situation with the family/kids perfectly - so yeah, 2018 has been awesome

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said:

also got into a new job for a company, that I really love. matches my situation with the family/kids perfectly - so yeah, 2018 has been awesome

cheers mate, things going uphill from that point!

Thanked by 2Falzo eol
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited December 2018

@Daniel15 said:
    This year was pretty good. I got married in April :smiley:

I guess you are going to be busy next month. How about you give me all your servers? I could take care of them until your kid old enough for kindergarten.

Thanked by 3Falzo eol imok

2018 was way too fast.

Business: we doubled our active vps count, made a successful datacenter migration and improved F-Com a lot. Being able to do this as a full time employment since many years still makes me proud.

Private: deciding to make at least 1 Homeoffice day per week instead of driving into our Office, was a good decision. Played "pro" Paintball in the hightest german paintball league after being two years in the second hightest was great. Still can't decide if my wife taking a leave is a good or bad thing ;)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

@Falzo said:

More time to hang with your bros :)
    And for LAN partys

• New year new me

<3 1.6

Thanked by 4Ympker Falzo eol limited
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

@FR_Michael said:
    <3 1.6

Good old times <3 We played it at like every LAN Party back then while listening to "GPF suckt!" and "Cheater an die Wand" by Jan Hegenberg :D This and Age of Empires 2. Damn childhood memories..

Thanked by 4Chuck First-Root eol pike
  • Bought a house. Got married. Switched jobs at the very end. I'd say 2018 was good to me, albeit a quick one for sure!

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • 2018 was very introspective. I did a lot of LSD.

Thanked by 3eol uptime pike
  • got better, started an IoT consulting firm, hopeful to get customers in 2019..

• Far too lopsided.

Got everything that I've ever wanted in a professional sense and lost just about all my personal friends in the process.

December's been better, managed to create a work-life balance again - so 2019's looking to be a good year.

Thanked by 3MikePT MasonR Ympker
  • jlayjlay Member
    edited December 2018

Big year for my career - left my Linux SysAd job and made the move to SRE, nearly doubling my salary. Now I'm helping build a cloud! The new role has a lot of responsibility I'm new to, so it's been good for personal growth.

It was a roller coaster for my personal life. The move between jobs lead to me moving away from most of my friends/family, but also out of a not-so-great living situation, so it's been an adjustment. Hoping for a smoother 2019!

@Aidan said:
    Far too lopsided.

Got everything that I've ever wanted in a professional sense and lost just about all my personal friends in the process.

December's been better, managed to create a work-life balance again - so 2019's looking to be a good year.

It happens. You will meet new friends. Life is like that.

Thanked by 2Aidan Ympker
  • It's been a good year, wishing everyone here at LET a happy, healthy and prosperous new year! :heart: