Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOP 5 Providers of 2018. Thanks for Providers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TOP 5 Providers of 2018. Thanks for Providers.

ofitofit Member
edited December 2018 in General

Hello LET. Post your top 5 provider of 2018 and leave thank and your wishes to the providers for the new year. Also you can mention what provider's did you used in 2018. Thanks. Happy New Year

My TOP 5
NetCUP
Virmach @VirMach
HostHatch @Abdullah
Inception Hosting @AnthonySmith
Wishosting @exception0x876

Excellent providers for me that should be mentioned
Hetzner @Hetzner_OL (because @eol asked put it higher OVH )
OVH @ninzo59
BuyVM @Francisco
First Root @FR_Michael
Vultr

Providers that I used in 2018
Virmach
Inception Hosting
HostHatch
Wishosting
Vultr

I wanted to thank Virmach, Inception Hosting, HostHatch, Wishosting, Vultr for one more stable year. Stay the same great providers as you are now. Thanks.

I wish for all LET providers adequate buyers, good uptime and big profit. Thanks

Comments

• No.

Thanked by 2eol taubin
  • My top 5
    Dediserve @dediserve
    Clouvider @Clouvider
    Hetzner @Hetzner_OL
    Portlane
    Psychz

Providers that I used in 2018
    Webtropia (myLoc)
    Zare
    DigitalOcean
    Vultr
    Clouvider
    Hetzner
    Portlane
    Psychz

I want to thank Dom at Clouvider for always going out of his way for customers, and for keeping the network on top (so far) and stable this year. Please keep it up. Also a big mention to Portlane in Stockholm, managing to have a great year of stability and network performance.

Happy new year!

• @ofit said:
    Hetzer @Hetzner_OL

It's Hetzner and not Hetzer.
    And how on earth can you list them below OVH?!

Thanked by 2edit2 Hetzner_OL
  • It's Hetzner and not Hetzer.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

My TOP 5:
    Hetzner
    Hetzner
    Hetzner
    Lunanode
    iRoute

EDIT:
    I did test only the above.
    Also I want to mention hostdare.
    Great guy.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member
    edited December 2018

My top 5
    Hetzner @Hetzner_OL
    BuyVM @Francisco
    Wishosting @exception0x876
    HostDoc @HostDoc
    NetCup

Hetzner, BuyVM and NetCup provided great new products - Cloud, Slabs, all products basically, respectively.

Wishosting and HostDoc somehow managed to provide great products at LET prices.

Thank you to all for a great year!

• @eol said:

@ofit said:
    Hetzer @Hetzner_OL

Thank you. I'm playing World of Tanks Blitz :). It is not numbered list, This does not mean that OVH better than Hetzner. I just mention great providers.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @ofit said:

@eol said:

@ofit said:
    Hetzer @Hetzner_OL

Thank you. I'm playing World of Tanks Blitz :). It is not numbered list, This does not mean that OVH better than Hetzner. I just mention great providers.

Thanks.
    But please put Hetzner above OVH.
    I will appreciate.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@eol said:

@ofit said:

@eol said:

@ofit said:
    Hetzer @Hetzner_OL

Thanks.
    But please put Hetzner above OVH.
    I will appreciate.

You are right Hetzner above OVH but you missed his worst failure, he put us below hetzner AND ovh...

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • emreemre Member, LIR
    edited December 2018

everybodys top5 is different then,

my top 5 is as follows:

1 - ProviderService - https://www.providerservice.com/ - aka UltraVPS.eu -https://www.ultravps.eu/en/ @UltraVPS

2- https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/joeri and his now sold to another nl company company which I don't remember

3- http://www.seflow.net/ and yes after they fucked up very bad in 2018 they fixed all their problems and now with very good uptime. and I like the Italian way of direct talking no shitting.

4- Norways terrahost.no for their black friday offers and very very good in house dedicated server panel/

5- Hetzner as always...

Special mentions goes to:

• Cociu of perfumeri of Romanian Vojvoda - For letting me seed 3TB of 2160p pron in 2 days in a free test server.
    • BuyVM of ponies - He was once an anime king of a single rack. Yes I remember . For helping me personally to defeat a nasty level7 ddos attack. Although he did nothing special. Settings are already in Horse Panel.
  • wrox said: I want to thank Dom at Clouvider for always going out of his way for customers, and for keeping the network on top (so far) and stable this year.

He had complete network outages did he not? how is this 'on top' and 'stable' ?

Thanked by 2dahartigan dontknow
  • There's usually an official LET thread of this type early in the following year: is this the thread?

• @JoeMerit said:

wrox said: I want to thank Dom at Clouvider for always going out of his way for customers, and for keeping the network on top (so far) and stable this year.

He had complete network outages did he not? how is this 'on top' and 'stable' ?

This not the complaining thread you are looking for.

• Thank you very much @ofit.

• eol said: This not the complaining thread you are looking for.

I'm just sick of this heroic narrative that people try to push for Clouvider. The support is good and the network is good etc... but there are so many other good networks out there.

• @JoeMerit said:

eol said: This not the complaining thread you are looking for.

I'm just sick of this heroic narrative that people try to push for Clouvider. The support is good and the network is good etc... but there are so many other good networks out there.

While I get your apparent dissatisfaction, care to list your TOP5 to stay on topic?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

@JoeMerit said:

eol said: This not the complaining thread you are looking for.

Jealous that our Customers are happy with us ? We don’t solicit any comments here.

We work hard to deserve it and clearly this results in our Customers being, on balance, happier with us than with others. If they are kind enough to invest their time to give us a positive feedback surely this means we’re doing something good, no?

We very much appreciate all the comments from our lovely Customers, thanks a million!

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

Hetzner, LiteServer.nl, Vultr. Haven't had any issues with Nexril either.

Thanked by 3eol ofit Hetzner_OL
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2018

to avoid misunderstandings, just in alphabetical order :-P

Clouvider - First-Root - Hetzner - Netcup - UltraVPS

honorable mention: QuickPacket, Hosthatch, OVH

PS totally forgot: big thanks to all providers that helped running my business! ;-)

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited December 2018

Clouvider said: If they are kind enough to invest their time to give us a positive feedback surely this means we’re doing something good, no?

For sure! You should plan some more emergency outages on your multiple redundant everything network so you can be the hero to your fans here. They love it!

Making outages cool again!

Thanked by 2dahartigan dontknow
  • @JoeMerit said:
    For sure! You should plan some more emergency outages on your multiple redundant everything network so you can be the hero to your fans here. They love it!

Let me remind you of being offtopic again.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

In no specific order and mostly shared hosting:

Gullo/ @Cam Shared &NAT for his awesome pricing and support even for peanuts. There was a thread opened recently about an outage of a 5$/year vps and he still fixed it during this time of the year on same day. Props to you!

MisterHost for giving me 3?! years of great service (Reseller Hosting) & support (quick response time; I'd say avg. of 15-30 mins). Despite their ban on LET the service they provide is good. How they behaved here on LET and what ethics they may have is another story, but speaking as a customer I am happy.
    Hence the mention.

Digital Ocean for my once in a while vps needs for some projects I need to test.

MrVM / @mikho for his cool nat service and support.

@HostDoc whom I never used but I like his offer participation. Looking forward to what the future brings :)

Honorable mention:

Inception Hosting (because @AnthonySmith is just awesome)

RamNode (Reseller)

SiteGround (Shared)

Thanked by 2HostDoc ofit
  • @JoeMerit said:

Clouvider said: If they are kind enough to invest their time to give us a positive feedback surely this means we’re doing something good, no?

To be fair, I was a client when these outages occured and it did not affect me at all. I only got wind of it via LET so it would seem it affected a small number and was mitigated rather quickly which in my books deserves some sort of praise.

Since I have commented, let me stay on track also.

1. OVH
    2. Clouvider
    3. Incero | Hivelocity
    4. Google
    5. Hetzner
  • eol said: Let me remind you of being offtopic again.

Not offtopic at all. If someone came in here and said Hiformance was an awesome provider you would probably want to discuss that. If someone is going to say that Dom has his network 'on top' and 'stable' this year, thats going to be open for discussion.

Thanked by 1dontknow
  • @JoeMerit said:

eol said: Let me remind you of being offtopic again.

Not offtopic at all. If someone came in here and said Hiformance was an awesome provider you would probably want to discuss that. If someone is going to say that Dom has his network 'on top' and 'stable' this year, thats going to be open for discussion.

That's debatable.
    You can always post your dissatisfaction in the Reviews section.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @eol said:

But where should you post your useless comments?

Thanked by 1eol
  • Shill thread

Thanked by 1eol
  • @jiggawattz said:

@eol said:

But where should you post your useless comments?

In your face.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited December 2018

@ofit how come Netcup made your top 5 but wasn't on your list of providers you used in 2018?

Every provider you used except Vultr made it to your top 5... but it made your 'excellent' list anyways. Congrats on being so happy with every provider, including ones you have not used.
    They must have given you warm feelings just by participating on LET.

• @JoeMerit said:
    @ofit how come Netcup made your top 5 but wasn't on your list of providers you used in 2018?

Every provider you used except Vultr made it to your top 5... but it made your 'excellent' list anyways. Congrats on being so happy with every provider, including ones you have not used.
    They must have given you warm feelings just by participating on LET.

What exactly is your problem?
    PMSing much?