Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seedbox

qweeqwee Member
edited December 2018 in General

Hello every one
i buy vps from contabo its cost 3.99 €
its give 2 core and 4 giga RAM
and install my seedbox
but its down and not work even when upload one file
is seedbox its very load on these vps ?
what min configuration of vps to run seedbox
thank you

Comments

1. Get a better internet plan.

2. Seed from home.

3. Regret nothing, when the new world order gets to you.

Thanked by 3eol taubin inklight
  • @Janevski said:
    1. Get a better internet plan.

1. Seed from home.

2. Regret nothing, when the new world order gets to you.

ok thank you
    he give my internet speed 100 MB and these seedbox can any one used it i get hi traffic on it but its down quickly

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Always "but", huh.

Thanked by 2Janevski eol
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2018

Don't do it, but, if you do it, do it right.

You can't just use some poor small cheap VPS, on an overcrowded node, for resource intensive and possibly illegal purpose. It's like getting into public transportation, let's say a bus, while carrying 200kg of marijuana with you and then continuing to light one up. You are going to interfere and bother, people are going to notice and the law will remove you, as it should.

Either do it at home or...

Get a more expensive dedicated server with WayScale, OfflineNet, HVO, renzteH or others, and use it very, very, veeeery modestly, from time to time, only for your own needs, not for profit. Decipher the names.

I told you more than i should've.

• Contabo is not the host you want to be seeding at as it's in german jurisdiction.

Thanked by 1qwee
  • @Janevski said:
    Don't do it, but, if you do it, do it right.

You can't just use some poor small cheap VPS, on an overcrowded node, for resource intensive and possibly illegal purpose. It's like getting into public transportation, let's say a bus, while carrying 200kg of marijuana with you and then continuing to light one up. You are going to interfere and bother, people are going to notice and the law will remove you, as it should.

Either do it at home or...

Get a more expensive dedicated server with WayScale, OfflineNet, HVO, renzteH or others, and use it very, very, veeeery modestly, from time to time, only for your own needs, not for profit. Decipher the names.

I told you more than i should've.

very very thank to you and for your advice
    i see you talk from good hart
    i well remove seedbox from my head

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Ympker said:
    Contabo is not the host you want to be seeding at as it's in german jurisdiction.

yes its not for seeding

• @eol said:

cheeeese

Thanked by 1eol
  • Janevski said: while carrying 200kg of marijuana with you

Just forget about seedbox and get a rich taste of smoking..

Thanked by 1eol
  • If you want to use a vps for seeding, I would use a provider with experience with this sort of thing

For 5 euro a month you have a plan with seedbox.io

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2018

I've recently used the one month free offer of bitport.io, advertised here in one thread, downloaded a few legal? (mostly books, linux isos and pictures of Stallman) torrents, and it's nice, very nice! It was fast, it has conversion to mp4... Beautiful! Locking the downloaded files out after the trial until you pay is kinda total dick move, i more like the dropbox approach - not letting you add more until you download and delete the old stuff and meet the quota, but anyhow, that's what you get for free.

They have one good paid hidden url plan, i was considering on buying, but, i don't actually need a seedbox. Plus, i like to have root access and more space on my device.

They have a free plan as well... I don't get why they disable ssl on it though... It protects user data, potential future buyer data, including session cookies... Not good. That's a forced feature on the paid plans. It's like - look, you get ssl!

And it's not a seedbox if you use it only for downloading, it's a leechbox.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6