Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitaccel Fail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitaccel Fail

My VPS at bitaccel.com went down over 24 hours ago and has been down since.

Until recently, Bitaccel's network status at http://stats.bitaccel.com/ showed host node NY3 as "down".

Now, node NY3 has been removed from the network status page, and their other NY nodes are offline.

Received this message a few minutes ago:

We are having issues with our provider in NY regarding billing and will update you as soon as possible. Right now they have all of our ports shut off over a 15TB overage.

Not a mention of the mysterious disappearance of node NY3, last seen > 24 hours ago.

Epic fail.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser

Comments

• Isn't their NY provider Colocrossing? More drama ~.~

Thanked by 2DeletedUser dnwk
  • @concerto49 said:
    Isn't their NY provider Colocrossing? More drama ~.~

Yes. They're one of the Buffalo-is-NY crowd :o)

• The 15TB argument just happened in the past hour or so. Meanwhile they ignore a downed node for over 24 hours.

Thanked by 1desynced
  • Bitaccel Fail

I see they answered my question on WHT about their use of Nginx 0.7.67 :P

How many servers do they have?

Based on their status page they have 1 operating server in LA and 2 suspended servers in Buffalo.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited October 2013

@sleddog said:
    The 15TB argument just happened in the past hour or so. Meanwhile they ignore a downed node for over 24 hours.

No we didn't ignore anything - first they shut off the port to that server.... then all of our servers (3). We were having some issues coming up with the money for the $200 overage but asked them to please wait until this weekend before shutting us off or we would likely go out of business and not be able to continue services. Their answer was to shut off all our ports. I probably need to contact Jon and see if he can help us out.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Corey said:
    Their answer was to shut off all our ports.

Kinda sad, unless was automatic.

• @sleddog said:
    Yes. They're one of the Buffalo-is-NY crowd :o)

We advertise everything as Buffalo, New York....

• @Maounique said:
    Kinda sad, unless was automatic.

No it was not, he took what I said (not being able to continue services with them)... as a threat.... it was not a threat..... just the truth.... you shut of our ports... all of our customers are going to leave. One of two things will happen. We will have to reduce the number of servers we have with them once this is resolved - or go out of business completely.

• If a $200 overage is out of reach for you chances are you would have deadpooled soon anyways, might as well be sooner rather than later

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • @texteditor said:
    If a $200 overage is out of reach for you chances are you would have deadpooled soon anyways, might as well be sooner rather than later

We were hurting this month because of a WHMCS exploit.
    On top of this - we can't see the 'TB' of traffic we use in the colocrossing portal. We can only see the 95th percentile in mbit.... we had no clue what traffic we were using.

• @Corey said:
    On top of this - we can't see the 'TB' of traffic we use in the colocrossing portal. We can only see the 95th percentile in mbit.... we had no clue what traffic we were using.

It says TB there as well. I've seen it. There are numbers at the bottom.

• @concerto49 said:
    It says TB there as well. I've seen it. There are numbers at the bottom.

I must be blind...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Corey is a legit dude, but you don't cross CC as a client. You basically approach them like the soup nazi, for all my fellow Seinfeld fans. Otherwise? No soup for you!

Thanked by 3fisle taronyu connercg
  • concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited October 2013

@Corey said:

Don't have it with me right now, but I'm serious. My portal has GB measurements. Not trying to get at you. This is strange.

• desynceddesynced Member
    edited October 2013

@concerto49: Do you have an unmetered port?

• @desynced said:
    concerto49: Do you have an unmetered port?

Where? With CC? No it's metered per TB.

• No I mean unmetered like a 100Mb (or higher) port with unlimited bandwidth?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited October 2013

@desynced said:
    No I mean unmetered like a 100Mb (or higher) port with unlimited bandwidth?

Sorry? With CC I don't, but if you're referring to a VPS or dedicated server then yes. This is Corey's thread though. PM if you need anything.

edited October 2013

No, just taking a wild guess why your chart's are different. And I'm having my doubts we'll be getting our data back from our VPS through Corey after reading all of this. I havent had my VPS for long (second month) but I failed to setup a backup system on it and this will end up being my fault. Now over a month of data that I wont be able to account for. Funny thing is that I remembered that I didnt turn on the nighly backup script a couple of days ago, just before all hell broke loose. By the time I was able to do it, it was too late. Ha! Now I have some explaining to do.

I am willing to bet you will get your data if they are correct and only the network has been cut. Also, I dont think jbiloh here will not do anything to allow people at least to take backups.

• @desynced said:
    No, just taking a wild guess why your chart's are different. And I'm having my doubts we'll be getting our data back from our VPS through Corey after reading all of this. I havent had my VPS for long (second month) but I failed to setup a backup system on it and this will end up being my fault. Now over a month of data that I wont be able to account for. Funny thing is that I remembered that I didnt turn on the nighly backup script a couple of days ago, just before all hell broke loose. By the time I was able to do it, it was too late. Ha! Now I have some explaining to do.

Everyone will be back online tomorrow.

edited October 2013

@Maounique said:
    I am willing to bet you will get your data if they are correct and only the network has been cut. Also, I dont think jbiloh here will not do anything to allow people at least to take backups.

Well I hope so. But when someone says they cant pay a $200 overage fee, it sort of takes the wind out of your sails. Even if they waited till the end of the billing cycle, they would still have that $200 extra that would still need to be paid. And when support tickets havent been answered for over 24 hours (well 24 hours was when they got their site back up and the email hit their ticketing system. I emailed it before then.) and you have to find out through WHT or on here, it kind of makes you wonder also.

• http://puu.sh/4YX3y.png - here is 1 of my servers for anyone asking. It says GB. It sounds like Corey is on 95th billing and not GB based billing? In that case he does owe the bill. I'm not sure. Have to check with Jon.

edited October 2013

@concerto49 said:
    http://puu.sh/4YX3y.png - here is 1 of my servers for anyone asking. It says GB. It sounds like Corey is on 95th billing and not GB based billing? In that case he does owe the bill. I'm not sure. Have to check with Jon.

Yeah from his graphic above, it says 95th on the chart. Yours doesnt.

• @concerto49 said:
    http://puu.sh/4YX3y.png - here is 1 of my servers for anyone asking. It says GB. It sounds like Corey is on 95th billing and not GB based billing? In that case he does owe the bill. I'm not sure. Have to check with Jon.

We are def on 'gb based billing' as this is what they are basing the overage on as well.

• @Jack said:
    Corey id say if you can pay it do then move to Wiresix next month as they provide a much better customer relationship than Colocrossing.

I'm happy with those guys <3

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited October 2013

@sleddog Buffalo is indeed NY! Why people only recognize the city and ignore the rest of state

edited October 2013

Well, what would you do... ?
    A customer says has a problem with the money and his business depends on those 200 $ but cant get them right now... What credibility would have ?
    If happened before way too often, then I understand CC, but if it is the first time I think this is uncalled for unless was some automated cut-off.

• I think we should hear CC's side of the story first though. Who knows.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dnwk said:
    sleddog Buffalo is indeed NY! Why people only recognize the city and ignore the rest of state

It's because NY is a little different. No one ever says Texas when they mean Dallas, but they'll say New York for both city and state in one reference. It's about common reference more than anything.

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
This discussion has been closed.