Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

look for Cambodia Vps or Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

look for Cambodia Vps or Dedicated Server

look for Cambodia Vps or Dedicated Server, fast to China

Comments

• quickquick Member
    edited December 2018

Look for #25 sweet sour

• Try - xeonbd.com - Cheap prices for starter OVZ

https://manage.xeonbd.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

• @this100 are you related to @angstrom?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I'm the original!

• digijdigij Member
    edited December 2018

There are a few options with DCs in Phnom Penh. However, expect high prices for rather basic products. Exotic location.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • Mean loey sabai tay.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2018

SoryaVPS
    No boom boom

• tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

@digij said:
    There are a few options with DCs in Phnom Penh. However, expect high prices for rather basic products. Exotic location.

As I am myself an “Exotic location VPS hoarder”, could you shed some light regarding the status of datacenters and internet connectivity between SG TH KH VN HK on a global scale?

Some basic knowledge would be good, like who runs the show, which DCs or providers are to avoid at all costs, who’s trustworthy and who does unmetered deals in the region?

Thanks.

• digijdigij Member
    edited December 2018

As I am myself an “Exotic location VPS hoarder”, could you shed some light regarding the status of datacenters and internet connectivity between SG TH KH VN HK on a global scale?

Major DCs are not ISP independent. MekongNet, Sinet, Ezecom to name a few.

Cambodian DCs have peering with local ISPs. That's their main purpose. Transit traffic runs through neighbouring countries (mostly VN and from there on sourcing from and to HK).

There might be development in the future though...
    https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50504327/new-partnership-to-build-cambodias-biggest-data-centre/

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

I figured the low amount of non-existent IX points in KH implied the international traffic was mostly routed from-through VN then to HK.

However what about KH internet users which would be interested in content (CDN?) hosted in SG or TH? Would they go KH -> VN -> HK -> then onto their final destination either SG or TH?

If so that is so unnatural and unoptimized...

Or is there a natural route straight to SG or TH thus avoiding an unnecessary loop through VN and HK as well? Or at least through VN but avoiding going all the way to HK?

• digijdigij Member
    edited December 2018

Yeah, for regional traffic routes to IX like EQUINIX SG and SGIX (SG), THIX (TH) and MyIX (MY) exist. Non-regional international runs primarily through HK, as stated before.

Check the Sinet network (AS 59318) for some insight.

Also practically speaking, internet connectivity in KH has become way better since sea cable connectivity connecting to MCT (MY-KH-TH-Cable) has been established in the Port of Sihanoukville. AFAIK two more undersea cables (one AEE-1 extension?) are still WIP.

My info is not 100% up-to-date.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @digij said:
    Non-regional international runs primarily through HK, as stated before.

And that is so wrong on so many levels...

Check the Sinet network (AS 59318) for some insight.

Also practically speaking, internet connectivity in KH has become way better since sea cable connectivity connecting to MCT (MY-KH-TH-Cable) has been established in the Port of Sihanoukville. AFAIK two more undersea cables (one AEE-1?) are still WIP.

AEE-1 has been up and running for 6 months or so I believe. It is a true game changer, where as before TH-FR was a 220ms link, we're now seeing TH-FR routes as low as 143ms.

See below a trace from TOT (The only true public owned ISP ran by the state):

Tracing route to franceix.net [37.49.234.69]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 6 ms 3 ms 6 ms 192.168.1.1 [192.168.1.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 243 ms 296 ms 298 ms 203.113.40.118
    4 103 ms 79 ms 13 ms 203.113.40.117
    5 7 ms 27 ms 7 ms 203.113.44.225
    6 48 ms 5 ms 6 ms 203.113.44.177
    7 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms 203.113.37.198
    8 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms bun-eth9-kkm-core.net [203.190.251.65]
    9 155 ms 152 ms 153 ms franceix_services1.par.franceix.net [37.49.236.241]
    10 152 ms 153 ms 152 ms fw-th2-v99.franceix.net [37.49.234.5]
    11 154 ms 153 ms 153 ms www.franceix.net [37.49.234.69]

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

The other major residential/LTE ISPs (CAT, TRUE, DTAC, 3BB) have yet to benefit from AAE-1. They insist on routing their traffic through HK, Los Angeles and in some dire cases thru... JP.

My info is not 100% up-to-date.

It is still very much interesting info, thank you for that. :blush:

Thanked by 1digij
  • សំណាងល្អជាមួយថវិការបស់អ្នក

Thanked by 1eol
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@shallownorthdakota WTF Engrish Please!

Thanked by 2tcp6 eol
  • @tcp6 said:
    And that is so wrong on so many levels...

Yeah, thanks. My short experience in the "Khmer Hosting World" was in the pre-sea-cable-stage. Back then any transit out of Cambodia was pain in the ass :smile:

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • No one tried xeonbd.com ?