Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of SolvedByData, Horror story, won't refund
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware of SolvedByData, Horror story, won't refund

kaurimankauriman Member
edited December 2018 in Reviews

Even when I feel I have lots to say, I'll try to keep it short

So about a month ago, I went for a reseller package with them after reading great reviews here and on LEB
I was so happy because the migration was included, so no need to worry about that
Just 4 small Wordpress sites, landing pages

I give them login details for my previous hosting hoping they would do the job.
No, they ask me to upload the backup files.
Fine I do so, no worries.
I receive an email a week later, ticket closed, all done
And there's only one site properly migrated
Next thing it goes down a couple times for about 4hrs each time
After all my hard work, gaining SEO positioning, etc.

So I decided to move away from them
I also ordered from them because they offer a money back guarantee

Guess what?

I'm still waiting for my refund
PayPal case PP-D-xxxx7488

Every time I ask for my refund, the account manager happens to be away.

They even erase my tickets from support, no answer at all!

Thanked by 2eol Chuck

Comments

• You get what you pay for.

• Sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited December 2018

And sometimes you pay for what you shouldn't get. "SolvedByData".. Company names nowadays...

Thanked by 2kkrajk bjo
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Did you open the dispute before requesting a refund?

• HauntedByData

• @KuJoe said:

Asking the real question

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

• Another one starting a PayPal dispute first. And how much do you expect them to do for you for a couple of bucks a year? These types of deals are really for people who can self manage their sites not burdening cheap support with that.

Are you in China OP?

Thanked by 1Prime404
  • I set up an account with them on the 19th of November and so far it's at 99.1% uptime with 3 instances of 1+ hour downtime. Run.

• @deank The end hasn't been nigh for a while now. I think all end has been averted and shifted for after the new year's festivities.

Thanked by 1eol
  • The end may be nigh

Thanked by 2Janevski eol
  • Prout is nigh.

• kauriman said: after reading great reviews here

Where are those "great reviews" here?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

99% of reviews on LET are fake (either paid reviews or self-advertising).

Thus, the end is nigh.

Thanked by 2Janevski eol
  • Well it's not something that doesn't happen, but it all depends if you filed the dispute first, i don't know about them, but i do know some would ban you directly if you file dispute without contacting with support first. Buyers are always protected, but what about sellers? Paying $5/ year per hosting and filing a dispute ($20) (just an example.)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

If someone opens a dispute with us, generally that erodes all good will and we definitely wont be volunteering a refund. It requires more effort to deal with disputes, even to just refund. If buyer cannot be bothered to respectfully open a reuest for refund and go straight to dispute, then I certainly understand if a host cant be bothered to make it easier for them.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

So you had some production websites moved over to some cheap host.

Great move mate.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kauriman said: after reading great reviews here and on LEB

link me to 5... first time I have seen that name.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Maybe he is referring to https://lowendbox.com/blog/solvedbydata-ssd-shared-reseller-hosting-vpss-from-3-year/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@zafouhar said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Maybe he is referring to https://lowendbox.com/blog/solvedbydata-ssd-shared-reseller-hosting-vpss-from-3-year/

Ok just scanned through that, I see 2 positive things about the shared hosting which could not be more obviously fake if they tried.

I also see the fact that they are clearly a CC house brand, what a shock that its another let down eh...

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

@zafouhar said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Ok just scanned through that, I see 2 positive things about the shared hosting which could not be more obviously fake if they tried.

I also see the fact that they are clearly a CC house brand, what a shock that its another let down eh...

I honesty feel inclined to publish a PSA warning users about ColoCrossing’s customers.

Edit: I’m placing a bet that the LEB thread will be removed by the end of January.

• LEB is very moderated in the comments section. It really stinks over there if you actually look at it and notice the comments. Some are "negative" but end happy or turns out the user was at fault, which is a positive still. Post something about how shit and oversold they are and it won't make it. Maybe one or two, but it will be shot down by 30 or so "positive" comments.

Not to mention that they mostly seem to be run by the same people. There are clear differences between many hosts, but some hosts on LEB really seem like it's run by the same guy. Same marketing type, same responses to comments, same lineup of products with similar pricing.

Thanked by 1eol

@dahartigan said:
    LEB is very moderated in the comments section. It really stinks over there if you actually look at it and notice the comments. Some are "negative" but end happy or turns out the user was at fault, which is a positive still. Post something about how shit and oversold they are and it won't make it. Maybe one or two, but it will be shot down by 30 or so "positive" comments.

Not to mention that they mostly seem to be run by the same people. There are clear differences between many hosts, but some hosts on LEB really seem like it's run by the same guy. Same marketing type, same responses to comments, same lineup of products with similar pricing.

Totally agreed. Who knows maybe colo itself is creating these brands. Earns a ton of $, oversells it completely and closes the brand. Re-start with another brand, and another.. and another.

Untill you see some news later, ColoCrossing buys Godaddy. : |

Thanked by 2coreflux eol
  • @armandorg said:

@dahartigan said:
    LEB is very moderated in the comments section. It really stinks over there if you actually look at it and notice the comments. Some are "negative" but end happy or turns out the user was at fault, which is a positive still. Post something about how shit and oversold they are and it won't make it. Maybe one or two, but it will be shot down by 30 or so "positive" comments.

Totally agreed. Who knows maybe colo itself is creating these brands. Earns a ton of $, oversells it completely and closes the brand. Re-start with another brand, and another.. and another.

Untill you see some news later, ColoCrossing buys Godaddy. : |

Haha I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that was true.

• @KuJoe said:

No, that's common sense, I never do that

Was my last choice, I had no option

Now they gave me a partial refund :(

• @dahartigan said:

One thing I don't understand if Colo also owns LET then why it is not shit like LEB?

@alilet said:

@dahartigan said:

One thing I don't understand if Colo also owns LET then why it is not shit like LEB?

The real question here is 'when'. Not 'why'.

The day when LET will be just another shitty sponsored and affliated community will arrive. All non-ColoCrossing providers will get banned. We'll call it the 'judgement day'.

:|

edited December 2018

Huh? It is already shit. CC resellers get tags without any verification. They get unbanned even if they get banned.

The only thing that's slightly positive is that the admins aren't banning those against CC, yet. And this is likely due to the nature of LET (it being a forum) because, if they start banning those they don't like, LET won't have anyone left but scammers trying to scam each other, you know like how WHT is like at the moment.

Thanked by 2bugrakoc eol
    edited December 2018

@deank said:
    They get unbanned even if they get banned.

Not really, @hostnamaste

He went to far. He got unbanned like 4 or 5 times before CC probably thought "This guy is hopeless. Cut him loose."