Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Christmas giveaways inside
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Christmas giveaways inside

First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
edited December 2018 in General

Hi,

for the great LET community we want to give away five KVM VPS:

• 1 CPU Core
  • 1 GB Ram
  • 10 GB SSD
  • 1 TB Traffic
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • /64 Ipv6
  • 6 months for free, will be terminated automatically if not renewed
  • spamming/torrenting/cpu abuse/other dick behavior will lead to immediate termination

To get one you just need to post your greatest or funniest happening in 2018 here.
I will decide the winners right after I awake of my xmas coma and it will be fully subjective ;).

To be considered you need to have at least 30 posts on LET and should not be on my personal "omg what a jerk" list.

Comments

• I am not a funny man so I don't have any funny story to tell.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@alilet said:
    I am not a funny man so I don't have any funny story to tell.

That's sad. Maybe adopt a pet so at least you can share some great moments? :)

Thanked by 1alilet
  • I spent over 400$ on Virmach BF sale... hahahahaha... so much for idling more servers to my pool....

@plumberg said:
    I spent over 400$ on Virmach BF sale... hahahahaha... so much for idling more servers to my pool....

That's insane. Maybe want to add some of your idling vps to this giveaway?

• I'm happy for someone else to get the VPS (I don't have a use case for this) if you choose me.

IDK about greatest or funniest thing that happened in 2018 and I don't work in IT, but one of the biggest "WTF" moments of my life happened this year: I was fired because I refused to commit fraud and do multiple other things that people (who do it on a larger scale) go to jail for...

Thanked by 3First-Root eol plumberg
    edited December 2018

@user123 said:
    I'm happy for someone else to get the VPS (I don't have a use case for this) if you choose me.

IDK about greatest or funniest thing that happened in 2018 and I don't work in IT, but one of the biggest "WTF" moments of my life happened this year: I was fired because I refused to commit fraud and do multiple other things that people (who do it on a larger scale) go to jail for...

Hey mate thanks for sharing and great decision to stay firm. Do you have a new job?

Thanked by 2user123 eol
  • @FR_Michael said:

@plumberg said:
    I spent over 400$ on Virmach BF sale... hahahahaha... so much for idling more servers to my pool....

I wish I could... but what about MY idling pool....

On a serious note, I dont think I can transfer out any as need to wait 6 months before i can let go any. Mew customer....

PS. Thnx for give away earlier, i was one selected but asked you to take it back as I had no need for one at that moment. I have a couple of ideas to try on my vps and would like to try your services... seasons greetings!

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • @plumberg said:

@FR_Michael said:

@plumberg said:

On a serious note, I dont think I can transfer out any as need to wait 6 months before i can let go any. Mew customer....

PS. Thnx for give away earlier, i was one selected but asked you to take it back as I had no need for one at that moment. I have a couple of ideas to try on my vps and would like to try your services... seasons greetings!

What EU VPS do you have?

@plumberg said:

@FR_Michael said:

@plumberg said:

Sharing is caring my friend... ;)

• @FR_Michael said:

@user123 said:
    I'm happy for someone else to get the VPS (I don't have a use case for this) if you choose me.

Hey mate, great decision to stand tall. Do you have a new engagement?

My immigration status was tenuous for some time because they also went about firing me in a very questionable way, but I got very lucky. At the last minute, I managed to get a one-year training gig across the country that <0.1% of people (that's the actual number) in my field ever get a chance to do. Even better is that it's at a big name university program and I'm the first person from my professional background that they've ever taken for their program.

However, it does mean that I currently make ~25% of what I was making out "in the real world." My job prospects for when I finish the program also aren't looking too great (since I want to focus on my new area of expertise) because my combination of expertise makes me something of a unicorn in my profession. I'm hopeful something will work out, though.

• I'm sure someone here has a funny story about their first root. Mine was a fatty, almost didn't go through with it.

• @user123 said:

Respect.
    Good luck with your next job.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @eol said:
    Good luck with your next job.

Thanks, mate, it's appreciated :).

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Ympker @ehab @vimalware @angstrom you need one of those in your collection... ;-)

• @ofit said:

@plumberg said:

@FR_Michael said:

@plumberg said:

What EU VPS do you have?

Have openvz and couple kvm. But I cannot let them go as I am a new customer and need to wait 6 months

• the funniest thing in 2018, hmmmmmm in real life i cannot say here but when ever i see this i always laugh

Thanked by 3Falzo user123 jetchirag
  • We lost the best® ovh® reseller® in the world.

Steam games were his passion.

F

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • muffinmuffin Member
    edited December 2018

I met you in LET < 3 .

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • I won the "Most Useless Comment of the Year" award in 2018.

• I thought hetzner was giving freebies

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited December 2018

Hmm funny shit? Probably what's happening right now in my kitchen.

My doggo has been eyeing this giant bowl of chicken stock all afternoon.
    And in the motions of hiding it in the fridge, my mum knocks it over.

In the end, doggo has Merry Xmas burppp. :grin:

• Only want to say Happy new year.

• I have not enough post so I just post here to increase 1.

Thanked by 1eol
  • 25 to go.
    Hurry up.

• I became a freelancer & trainer this year from almost financially broke stage (last 3 years), paid my house loan, started rebuilding my little consultancy company with new IoT business offering, growing little little every day, moved from JS stuffs to Big Data and Cloud, more satisfied with learning, looking for a best year ahead, looking forward to contribute more to open source. I gained more confident this year for life and business.

Thanked by 3eol vimalware Falzo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2018

Greatest things in 2018... Hired our 3rd employee, my girlfriend, to help her pay her tuition. First time I sold a company/division. Launched another brand.
    Our main company is now 3 years old which is a nice achievement.

P.S nice giveaway. Do not count me for the freebie though, dont have any use for the VPS.

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

@Falzo said:
    @Ympker @ehab @vimalware @angstrom you need one of those in your collection... ;-)

Atm not really, so leaving it for someone else to "use". If I'd get it, I'd just have it idle :)
    Thanks for the mention though :)

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2018

i reread Michael post and i think i am in the "omg what a jerk" list now.

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • isijosamuaisijosamua Member
    edited December 2018

Right, my funniest thing in 2018.

• MikePT said: Hired our 3rd employee, my girlfriend

Ah, I'm sure you'll find a new one.