Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there cheap VPS providers in India
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there cheap VPS providers in India

Hi All,
I am freelance web developer from India, for most of my projects I use cPanel/WHM powered hosting from Indian providers.

But when it comes to VPS providers cheap providers are often hard to find. It would be great if you know about any India based (indian datacenter) VPS providers.

I am aware of the top providers DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr all have option for Indian datacenters but they are not cheap for small side projects.

Do let me know. Thank You.

Comments

• https://leapswitch.com in Pune, not sure how pricing is. @leapswitch

Or search here for India and there's lots of folks discussing peering and connectivity to/from India to elsewhere being viable.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Cheap is not always cheap.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited December 2018

Bandwidth is costly in India. And yes, you won't find any cost under Rs. 500 ( with GST ).

Go with ctrls.in , xinix.in and net4.in for high reliability ( Delhi / Mumbai )
    DO is good but has only BLR location.
    Leapswitch is also nice for Pune. They have a new interesting cloud as well.

Thanked by 2eol leapswitch
  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

How cheap is cheap? We have some space in Mumbai

http://lg.in.psychz.net/

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2018

skadimoolam said: DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr all have option for Indian datacenters

Linode and Vultr don't. And really, your best option is DO, anything else you will find will be either more expensive, or vastly lower quality for the same price.

There's also something from Amazon, but it doesn't have IPv6, so I didn't check further and wouldn't recommend it.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@skadimoolam
    As you are used to cPanel/WHM , a self-managed VPS could be tough to use without a panel . cPanel/WHM will add ~$15 per month which is sometimes more than the VPS cost.

I would recommend our PaaS - https://cloudjiffy.com/ which will setup the entire stack for you within minutes -

Apache/Nginx (with our without load balancing) , PHP (5.3 to 7.2) , MySQL/MariaDB (with or without load balancing/clustering)

Our PaaS starts at just Rs 108 per month for 1 Apache and 1 MySQL and auto-scales as per your actual usage.

Just signup for a free trial on https://cloudjiffy.com/ and schedule a product demo here - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo

• You might not find low priced VPS providers in india cause of bandwidth is highly priced.

• For cheap and reliable web hosting you can go with Bullten for VPS provider in India. You can visit and get more information bullten.in. They are offering 24 hour customer support and they have high performance servers with flexible speed in an affordable price.

• I recommend @leapswitch used once for wordpress hosting for a friend, the performance is super fast.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Have you heard of dewlance?

• Leapswitch or E2E Networks.

Disclaimer: I used to work for the latter, no association with them now.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

All above answers in the way: I do not know, go and check by yourself

Do you pay for try of clothes in the market? No, if you buy in a normal shop.

The above providers:-

• do not allow to check / do not guarantee the speed to / from DC in India;

• do not allow trial of VPS service / existance of the VPS in reality
      [ https://www.xinix.net/ovz.html# ]

• do not refund after payment, due the lack of VPS service including

• "support" is useless in best case, or obvious fraud with most Indian VPS providers.

95% of ads of VPS, not in India, do not match reality, not in India only :-

a. latency unknown / DC city unknown,

b. no guaranted speed, or

c. HDD instead of SSD, or

d. provider unknown / invoice issuer unknow / whom you pay - nobody knows

e. Tariffs are exorbital for minimum VPS requirement (india)

• Why necro?

aryan said: do not allow to check / do not guarantee the speed to / from DC in India;

Test ip? Test download?

aryan said: do not allow trial of VPS service / existance of the VPS in reality

If VPS doesn't exist, people will make negative reviews

aryan said: do not refund after payment, due the lack of VPS service including

They might, if you have valid reasons

aryan said: "support" is useless in best case, or obvious fraud with most Indian VPS providers.

Your budget is $7, you're paying for UNMANAGED vps not managed vps.

aryan said: a. latency unknown / DC city unknown,

Test ip???

aryan said: b. no guaranted speed, or

vps = shared = no dedicated port. $7 = no dedicated port

aryan said: c. HDD instead of SSD, or

You can get SSD for $7, people have recommended services like digitalocean and vultr to you

aryan said: d. provider unknown / invoice issuer unknow / whom you pay - nobody knows

Trust me, most of these providers are not out to phish your credit card details...

aryan said: e. Tariffs are exorbital for minimum VPS requirement (india)

Yes, because your minimum requirements require hand-holding support and dedicated internet ports.

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
  • DO is cheeep for India.

If you want cheeeper, look for a Yearly deal out of Singapore (eg Hostdoc in Ovh SGP DC)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

@smallbibi said: tonnes of useless words

DEMONSTRATION of the typical Indian VPS "service" or fraudlent offers:
    www.e2enetworks.com/products/virtual-compute-nodes/

1. Chat at e2enetworks.com :

1.1. e2enetworks.com requere mandatory: phone number, name, email address .
    The reason to demand phone is unknow.
    After entry of email, you can receve spam only. No trust? Please next.

1.2. Quality of the online "support" of e2enetworks.com .
    Time ~30 minutes.
    No one answer on teach question. No trust? Please next.

1. Offers. Let s chose the cheapest offer at
      https://www.e2enetworks.com/products/virtual-compute-nodes/memory-intensive-computing-ssd-series-b/:

Commercial Photography

No speed per port, no ID of CPU.

1. Entry to the dashboard is irrelevant (content) to the user:

Commercial Photography

1. Dashboard:
      the user has no chance to understand the responses of e2enetworks.com:

Commercial Photography

1. To order the node(s), they demand the user to complete the order.
      The completion the order is irrelevant to the primary offer of e2enetworks.com (point 2):

Commercial Photography

As a result, the user does not understand, what is the service he must pay for, completely.

1. It appeared, the user has decided to complete the wizard:

Commercial Photography

If the user is naive, e2enetworks.com does not guarantee the VPS specifications at all (poin 2): no RAM, no CPU, no speed per port.

1. After the user has completed the order, there is not chance to submit it to e2enetworks.com: the sytem does not process any order without the sufficient deposit.
      The naive user calls to "support".
      The support tells hundred of words and "go to pay" in the result .
      As the anonymous support can not see dashboard over the chat.

Commercial Photography

1. The naive user tries to find the payment option in his dashboard.
      There are 15 payment options and 3 working options in the "best of luck" case.

Commercial Photography

1. The payment options represents DEPOST and not payment for the exact the service.

2. Not every Indian card processor is allowed to process "non Indian bank" cards.

3. After 1 hour of "witchcraft" with paymnt options, if the user is lucky,
      the naive user pays 32 Indian ruppes (~0,5US$) for the offered hourly basis.
      After trying to complete the order again, in the end of the wizard,
      the e2enetworks.com system tells: "we want 500 ruppes minimum from you".

4. Every IT profesional knows that the access represents: IP and authenification data to VPS.
      The naive user sends email to e2enetworks.com: give me access to VPS and specifies the payment in attachment. Or the naive user calls to "support".
      The casual Indian "support' asks useless questions for 30 minutes in order to prove that the user is fool after the payment is done.
      The e2enetworks.com replies with multiple questions, without possisbility to access the service, or responds in way "how did you like us" by email and does not respind for the need at all .

Do you belive that you are able get VPS (at least 1 CPU Xeon/ at least 1 GHz RAM SSD, at least 100mbts guaranted speed) for USD8.00 easy in India? Never.

Conclusion:
    The describition is a demonstartion of the casual type of fraud among 99% of Indian VPS sites.

If you do not see the invoice with exact tech data, which is addressed to the user prior to payemnt, trust the Indian service provider never.

• @smallbibi said:
    Why necro?

aryan said: do not allow to check / do not guarantee the speed to / from DC in India;

Test ip? Test download?

aryan said: do not allow trial of VPS service / existance of the VPS in reality

If VPS doesn't exist, people will make negative reviews

aryan said: do not refund after payment, due the lack of VPS service including

They might, if you have valid reasons

aryan said: "support" is useless in best case, or obvious fraud with most Indian VPS providers.

Your budget is $7, you're paying for UNMANAGED vps not managed vps.

aryan said: a. latency unknown / DC city unknown,

Test ip???

aryan said: b. no guaranted speed, or

vps = shared = no dedicated port. $7 = no dedicated port

aryan said: c. HDD instead of SSD, or

You can get SSD for $7, people have recommended services like digitalocean and vultr to you

aryan said: d. provider unknown / invoice issuer unknow / whom you pay - nobody knows

Trust me, most of these providers are not out to phish your credit card details...

aryan said: e. Tariffs are exorbital for minimum VPS requirement (india)

Yes, because your minimum requirements require hand-holding support and dedicated internet ports.

Great and logical answer. I'm convinced. Me too had some similar thought but I can see things from your *+be perspective. Above the guy put too much hate for some unknown reason but those are almost true. End of the day the product matters so don't keep that hate.

• @aryan said:

@smallbibi said: tonnes of useless words

DEMONSTRATION of the typical Indian VPS "service" or fraudlent offers:
    www.e2enetworks.com/products/virtual-compute-nodes/

1. Chat at e2enetworks.com :

1.1. e2enetworks.com requere mandatory: phone number, name, email address .

1.2. Quality of the online "support" of e2enetworks.com .
    Time ~30 minutes.

1. Offers. Let s chose the cheapest offer at
      https://www.e2enetworks.com/products/virtual-compute-nodes/memory-intensive-computing-ssd-series-b/:

Commercial Photography

No speed per port, no ID of CPU.

1. Entry to the dashboard is irrelevant (content) to the user:

Commercial Photography

1. Dashboard:
      the user has no chance to understand the responses of e2enetworks.com:

Commercial Photography

1. To order the node(s), they demand the user to complete the order.
      The completion the order is irrelevant to the primary offer of e2enetworks.com (point 2):

Commercial Photography

As a result, the user does not understand, what is the service he must pay for, completely.

1. It appeared, the user has decided to complete the wizard:

Commercial Photography

Now, the user knows, e2enetworks.com does not guarantee the minimum VPS specifications or, in brief, the order does not match minimum tech characteristics (poin 2).
    Not enough?

1. After the user has completed the order, there is not chance to submit it to e2enetworks.com: the sytem does not process any order without the sufficient deposit.
      The naive user calls to "support".
      The support tells hundred of words and "go to pay" in the result .
      As the anonymous support can not see dashboard over the chat.

Commercial Photography

1. The naive user tries to find the payment option in his dashboard.
      There are 15 payment options and 3 working options in the "best of luck" case.

Commercial Photography

1. The payment options are uselss for 90% foregners as card processors do not process non indian cards always.
      After 1 hour of "witchcraft" with paymnt options, if the user is lucky,
      the naive user pays 32 Indian ruppes (~0,5US$) for the offered hourly basis.
      After trying to complete the order again, in the end of the wizard,
      the e2enetworks.com system tells: "we want 500 ruppes minimum from you".

2. Every IT profesional knows that the access represents: IP and authenification data to VPS.
      The naive user sends email to e2enetworks.com: give me access to VPS.
      Or the naive user calls to "support".
      The casual Indian "support' asks useless questions for 30 minutes in order to prove that the user is fool after the payment is done.
      The e2enetworks.com replies with multiple questions, without possisbility to access the service, or responds in way "how did you like us" by email and does not respind for the need at all .

Do you belive that you are able get VPS (at least 1 CPU Xeon/ at least 1 GHz RAM SSD, at least 100mbts guaranted speed) for USD8.00 easy in India? Never.

Conclusion: **
    If I do not see the **invoice with exact tech data
    , which is addressed to user,
    the Indian service provider demands to pay for

• the absense of advertised service always;
    • the time to hear their fraud in 99% cases in India

Dude, move on. If you don't like don't use but just don't spread this sort of things. They don't owe you anything. Do they? Why are you mad at them? Strange!

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

@Tumbleguy1. You do not need VPS service in India. Others need.

• @aryan said:

@Tumbleguy1. You do not need VPS service in India. Others need.

Do you know INDIA has good providers as well?

Anyway :)

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

No Indian provider with VPS desiption, gurantee of speed, reasonable price is known till now.
    The casual Indian fraud is seen at every Indian site with VPS unidentified offers:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2985272/#Comment_2985272

Still looking for VPS/ cloud VPS offers with exact speed per port, few days trial in India.

• aryan said: 1.1. e2enetworks.com requere mandatory: phone number, name, email address .

I don't know any provider who doesn't require your name, phone number and email address. How do you expect them to contact you if you forget to pay your invoices? If you receive abuse notices? If they have to suspend your service?

Tumbleguy1 said: 1.2. Quality of the online "support" of e2enetworks.com .

Time ~30 minutes.
    At your budget, ~30 min replies are reasonable. Useless support isn't acceptable, but you must remember that you're paying for an unmanaged service.

Tumbleguy1 said: No speed per port, no ID of CPU.

Maybe you can ask the support what kind of port/cpu you're getting? Sometimes the network speed isn't listed to prevent clutter, and the cpu can't be listed because they have too many different models.

aryan said: Do you belive that you are able get VPS (at least 1 CPU Xeon/ at least 1 GHz RAM SSD, at least 100mbts guaranted speed) for USD8.00 easy in India? Never.

Do I believe that you are an it professional? No. Because you want 1 GHz ram.

Anyway, if by 100 Mbps guaranteed speed you mean 24/7 100 Mbps, sorry, that's not possible in India for $8. If you are okay with 1 TB of bandwidth at 1 Gbps speed, digitalocean offers that for $5. (They also offer you a free 30 days trial. Why do you keep ignoring digitalocean?!??!)

Everything else you mentioned does make it seem like e2enetworks has bad support and isn't as user-friendly as other companies like digitalocean/vultr/linode, but that doesn't mean they are scammers.

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2985272/#Comment_2985272

Indian DC hosting services in reality: continuation.

Recent chat with 20th Indian technical "support" within last 10 days:
    ESDS Mumbai DC : www.esds.co.in

The chat with online operator regarding simple tech requests lasted for 30 minutes: the term "speed per port" and IP for basic test were found the difficult answers by "support".
    Finnally, the operator of ESDS Mumbai DC issued config for VPS service:
    2 unknown CPU,
    1 Gb Ram,
    40GB SSD ,
    traffic download: 500gb per month
    unknown access,
    no trial ,
    unpredicted payment options, and
    guaranteed speed: 2Mbts per port
    // Whole small city can download 500 gb with 2Mbts per month for 24 hours //
    Tariff: 999 Rs [~ USD 15]+ unknown taxes per month.
    Total: mockery of service / no service for any payment .

Still looking for VPS with predicted service at DC India, with no chat-bots.

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2985272/#Comment_2985272

Indian DC hosting services in reality: continuation.

Recent chat with 21st Indian technical "support" within last 10 days:
    https://www.ecsbiztech.com/:
    -- beginning of chat --
    13:55: Welcome to ECS
    User: Good day
    ECS: How may help you sir
    User: I see VPS tariffs here https://www.ecsbiztech.com/
    13:57: ECS: You mean cloud service teriffs ?
    USER: Your BASIC VPS. 1st question: guaranteed speed per port?
    13:57: ECS: yes
    USER: not yes, but in units please.
    13:59: ECS: What is your requirement sir.
    USER: 2nd time, I asked - speed per port? 2nd time - your offer is VPS basic. Awaiting.
    14:02: ECS: Per port or Per IP ? please clear(ify) here
    USER: bye
    -- end of support --

Still looking for VPS with predicted service at DC India, with no chat-bots.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I think Indian providers cannot live up to your (enterprise type) standards for such a budget, so please find a different country to host and spare the non-deserving Indian providers from your weird questionnaire doom.

Or perhaps you're just trolling us all.

Thanked by 2plumberg vimalware
  • aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

@BlaZe said: //again spam from a kindergarden. DC is an enterprise, publshed VPS offers.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited June 2019

I pay @7 Dollars a month for the below: plus the provider has awesome support, great attitude. Bengaluru based but their DC is probably out of country. .

CPU: 2 Core x 2.4 GHz
    RAM: 2 GB
    HDD: 80 GB
    Bandwidth: 4 TB

Added later: 3:24 IST, 15 Jun 2019
    My current plan for the above price, just checked again. Customized.
    Guaranteed CPU 2 x 1.80 GHz
    RAM 8192 MB
    Storage 80 GB RAID
    RAID Speed 50 MB/s, 200 IOPS
    Port Speed 100 Mbps
    May not be prime real estate but certainly not a shanty either.

Sometimes search can yield some good guys, at other times one gets lucky. Generalizing is not helpful. My only complaint with them over the past year : I am awaiting a box of organically grown mangoes from a side project they are involved in.

• aryanaryan Member
    edited June 2019

@vyas11 said // silly deception

Still looking for VPS with predicted service at DC India:
    CPU 2+ghz 1 or 2 cores / RAM 1 or 2 Ghz/ SSD 20-40 / guaranteed speed per port 100+ Mbts, no chat-bots, engineering support. Expected: 8-11 USD per month, 6 months minimum.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

Good luck with your search. And silly or not certainly not a deception. I am very much a paying customer and lets leave it at that.

• This guy is a certified IT professional.

He wants only xeon processors. And they must be 2+ GHz, because someone out there is still using 10+year old processors.

He doesn't care about the capacity of the ram, he just needs them running at minimum 1 GHz frequency. So ddr2 ram works!

He requires minimum 33 TB+ bandwidth in India at a cost of 8-11 USD.

He also requires professional English-speaking live chat support that can decipher his nonsense.

He requires you to use paypal as a payment processor, because people are out to phish his credit card details.

Also, the provider mustn't ask him for his email/phone number.

I've wasted more time than I should have on this guy.....

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@aryan,

Are you senior manager for ICAO / IATA irregulations matters
    Aryan engineers Ltd
    ?