Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are hiring
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We are hiring

I know it's going to be the holiday but yes, we are hiring.

We are looking for sales/L1 support. This is a full-time position based in Cork, Ireland.

Responsibilities
Respond to customer inquiries and requests via email, ticket, and chat
Document all inquiries, requests, resolutions, and follow-up tasks
Escalate inquiries and requests as necessary to the appropriate department or person following outlined guidelines
Display a courteous and empathetic attitude to all customers
Perform research to answer customer inquiries and requests
Grow existing customer accounts through exceptional customer service and effective sales techniques

Qualifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
1 year of customer service experience
Experience working with customer retention, and inside sales preferred
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently

Benefit
Competitive Salary (€21k~€36k pa)
Health Insurance
Flexibility

If you are looking for a new job, please send your CV to careers [at] sugarhosts [dot] com. Don't worry, you can start work after the new year ;-)

Thanked by 1default

Comments

• Can you drink on the job?

• Single Malt?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2018

A Diploma for Level 1 Support and you only pay them 21k? oh wow.

But kudos, for writing the salary into the thread, most of the people do not have the balls for that.
    They know they pay shit, so they hide the salary.

• @eol said:
    Single Malt?

Only if its' vinegar.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

LOL.

EDIT:
    Too bad.

• @Neoon said:

But kudos, for writing the salary into the thread, most of the people do not have the balls for that.

21k is the base salary if the employee has little experience. Mostly we won't pay such a little.

• @Neoon said:

But note that it's a high school (= secondary school, Gymnasium) diploma, not a university diploma.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Neoon said:

Actually, it's not really that bad. Not sure about the cost of living in Ireland, though.

The effective hourly would be ~$11.50 USD (if working 40 hrs/week) which is pretty good in the States for someone fresh out of high school. Decent start for someone wanting to get some experience in the IT field instead of flipping burgers at a fast food joint for a few bucks less per hour.

• @MasonR said:
    The effective hourly would be ~$11.50 USD (if working 40 hrs/week) which is pretty good in the States for someone fresh out of high school. Decent start for someone wanting to get some experience in the IT field instead of flipping burgers at a fast food joint for a few bucks less per hour.

You are obviously too old to be a millennial. They demand time to post to Instabooksnapatok while getting paid for it.

Thanked by 2MasonR eol
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MasonR said:

@Neoon said:

Actually, it's not really that bad. Not sure about the cost of living in Ireland, though.

Its relative, always.

If you live for example slovenia, of course its not bad.
    But 21k for example, if you need to pay 700-1000€ for your flat per month, is bad.

Flats where cheap, but they skyrocketed since a few years

• @Sugarhosts said:

Hahaha. That used to be "industry standard" for cheap-ass webhosts, 11 years ago....

• @CyberMonday said:

@MasonR said:

You are obviously too old to be a millennial. They demand time to post to Instabooksnapatok while getting paid for it.

I believe that @Neoon misunderstood high school to mean German Hochschule, which is best translated in English as college.

Thanked by 1pike
  • I'm surprised people here who don't want to pay $2/month for a VPS think a yearly salary of 21k EUR is too little. I think it's reasonable for sales / L1 support.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Seems like perfectly fine salary range for a job with pretty low requirements. Everyone immediately assumes the lowest (21k) on LET ofcourse. Health insurance included is a nice bonus as well!

• @packetnext said:

@Sugarhosts said:

Hahaha. That used to be "industry standard" for cheap-ass webhosts, 11 years ago....

I wonder whether you've heard of the worldwide financial crisis that arrived in 2008 ... ordinary salaries have mostly stagnated.

In any case, as @Ishaq said, people don't want to pay much for hosting, so something has to give somewhere ...

• Send to sugardaddy.com ?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @angstrom said:
    I believe that @Neoon misunderstood high school to mean German Hochschule, which is best translated in English as college.

There is relatively little difference, to be fair. They still need rooms they can cry in when their beliefs are challenged, and they can throw fits when they're unable to express themselves in a meaningful way.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Ishaq said:
    I'm surprised people here who don't want to pay $2/month for a VPS think a yearly salary of 21k EUR is too little. I think it's reasonable for sales / L1 support.

Numbers above $7 don't exist here

• If 21k eur salary is too little, you can just not apply for the job! Who would've guessed?

• That's too easy.
    We need to complain.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Anything paying above 7 USD is a good salary

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

Works both ways. Anything below 7 is good for the employers.

Anything above 7 sucks for employees until it reaches 50 per hour. I think the minimum wage in Canada is 15CAD or something which was increased recently which resulted in several small businesses being shut down.

• C2D Q6600 for $352/month. And you still can't afford better pay for your employees? Come on.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Sugar is expensive.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

@Neoon said:
    If you live for example slovenia, of course its not bad.
    But 21k for example, if you need to pay 700-1000€ for your flat per month, is bad.

€21k~€36k pa is a good salary for Italy too, I don't know in which country would be considered low... honestly.

• In the US you make close to that flipping burgers in McDs. With about zero requirements.

And, in US, flipping burgers at McD is considered a privilege where you can split at it all you want.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Its only for a special crop of people, yes :-)

• t0ny0 said: C2D Q6600 for $352/month. And you still can't afford better pay for your employees? Come on.

At first glance I though you were kidding, but then I came to see this: https://www.sugarhosts.com/servers/rotterdam-dedicated-servers

But anyhow, they are not asking for highend skill set or xp.

Well, parties and hookers cost money, dude. They have to cut a corner somewhere.