Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH.ca Limited Edition i3 @ 3.4Ghz 8GB Ram 2 TB Sata2 $29/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH.ca Limited Edition i3 @ 3.4Ghz 8GB Ram 2 TB Sata2 $29/mo

earlearl Member
edited October 2013 in General

Just noticed OVH in Beauharnois (BHS) offering Limited Edition server, unfortunately it's limited to 1 IP!! and no RAID cause it's only 1 drive.

http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/dedicated-servers/pe1.xml

Technology:

Sandy Bridge

CPU:

Intel i3 (2 cores / 4 Threads)

Frequency:

3.4GHz+

RAM:

8 GB DDR3

Hard disk:

2TB SATA2

Bandwidth:

100Mbps - 5 TB/month (Up to 5TB of traffic per month, then 10Mbps. * )

1 x IP4 (fail-over IP not available for this server so limited to 1 IP)

IPV6 /128

$29/mo

Would pick one up myself if it were not for the 1 IP limit, but maybe someone may have some use for this..

Comments

• I can understand 1 IPv4, but IPv6 /128 sounds a little extreme.

• @rds100 said:
    I can understand 1 IPv4, but IPv6 /128 sounds a little extreme.

Yeah not sure why they are limiting the IP's with the LE servers.. the KS line of servers gets 4 IP4 and a /64 of IPV6 and cost $10/mo more??

• Sold out... dang it.

• akzakz Member

hrmm comes with anti ddos protection

• @talsit said:
    Sold out... dang it.

Hmm.. still available for me. Maybe it's geo limited to north american customers only?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@earl said:
    Hmm.. still available for me. Maybe it's geo limited to north american customers only?
    @talsit said:
    Sold out... dang it.

Click the sold out button, it then shows stock <1 h

• @AlexanderM said:
    Click the sold out button, it then shows stock <1 h

Ok I see that when you first load the page, for a second or so it shows sold out but then the blue order button popups up over the sold out text.. anyhow it's not sold out yet..

• @akz said:
    hrmm comes with anti ddos protection

Yup I think all OVH servers includes this service..

• Apparently their stocking/pricing issue should be sorted in the next week or two, as per the turnover thread on their own forum. Hope so. the 32/64GB setups are ideal for me.

• @ricardo said:
    Apparently their stocking/pricing issue should be sorted in the next week or two, as per the turnover thread on their own forum. Hope so. the 32/64GB setups are ideal for me.

That's good to know.. wonder if they will offer the 4 euro atoms or will it be sold out forever, lol..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Flies right in the face of people still trying to push $25-30/mo Atom dedis...

Thanked by 1earl
  • @rm_ said:
    Flies right in the face of people still trying to push $25-30/mo Atom dedis...

lol.. but IMO $25-30 is still ok, I see this 1 company on WHT been selling the atom $49/mo for maybe the past 5 yrs..

• Talking about the LE, if anyone have the kimsufi special with the e2180, I just found out you can install winxp, centos KVM in proxmox even thought the CPU does not have intel VT, if you are interested in trying choose core2duo as CPU type and under options uncheck the "KVM hardware virtualization" option so it says no..

it works, but it's kinda slow..

• Apparently their stocking/pricing issue should be sorted in the next week or two, as per the turnover thread on their own forum. Hope so. the 32/64GB setups are ideal for me.

They waited too long to release more 32GB servers. I grabbed an i7-3770, 32GB RAM, 2x240GB SSD, 1000Mbps uplink at SeFlow yesterday for €39.60 instead of waiting for OVH to release more 32GB stock. :)

• I grabbed an i7-3770, 32GB RAM, 2x240GB SSD, 1000Mbps uplink at SeFlow yesterday for €39.60

Just had a quick look... your price is good but it seems I'd have to wait or look harder to find one on the same price, but agreed... very similar packages.

euserv has some competitive rates too.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited October 2013

I actually got one early this morning, when I noticed the "1gbps connection" I was kinda hoping it would be like the mSP, where they supposedly limit it to 200mbps(100 in this case), but it is really gbit. Seemingly not the case here.

I got this drive model ST2000DM001-9YN164 and 8316 power on hours, aka 346 days. Not bad I guess, would be nicer if two 1TB drives maybe.

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@Setsura said:
    I actually got one early this morning, when I noticed the "1gbps connection" I was kinda hoping it would be like the mSP, where they supposedly limit it to 200mbps(100 in this case), but it is really gbit. Seemingly not the case here.

I got this drive model ST2000DM001-9YN164 and 8316 power on hours, aka 346 days. Not bad I guess, would be nicer if two 1TB drives maybe.

it's not a bad drive and has a big cache on it.. I purchased a E3 server before and they gave me a green drive!! they're like 5400 rpm! it was pretty disappointing..(not from OVH)

• Their customer service is HORRIBLE. I keep trying to order one of the "sold out" units but it says I can order it and just wait until stock is valid. But when I try to order, it says it can't because of this:
    "Error: You can not order out of stock servers with Paypal payment mode."
    So of course, I go try to change the payment mode, only thing available is Paypal ... very contradicting.

• I just successfully ordered this server, thanks earl for quick info! But since i'm OVH Europe customer i been told to create ovh.us account then paid as normal via PayPal. doughnet, try to call them, i did so when was unable to order with ovh Europe account.

Thanked by 1earl
  • I really want to buy one... but i need to watch my money :P

• OVH in EU is pretty horrible.. it seems sales only reply every other day and they are closed on weekends so it gets pretty frustrating, but I have called the one in canada and someone always picks up.. not sure about support wise thought..

• @Demontager

may I ask, what are you going to use it for? website or torrent?

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@joodle said:
    I really want to buy one... but i need to watch my money :P

I know it's really tempting!! but if i had my choice I wish the x4 blowout deal from volumedrive was back in stock..

• Just bought one! Things looking good so far!

• Can you get any extra IPs for it @ $.50?

• @FrankZ said:
    Can you get any extra IPs for it @ $.50?

Nope, the IP area of the panel says that I have 3 free failovers, but trying to order one results in the panel saying you have the max.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • thuvienvpsthuvienvps Member
    edited October 2013

I want to install Windows but their license fee is quite high. Can i install KVM (or Promox, VmWare) on this and load my Windows ISO?

• DemontagerDemontager Member
    edited October 2013

@earl said:
    Demontager

may I ask, what are you going to use it for? website or torrent?

For websites and extra storage for backups. I do need frequent backups because 1 disc only. OVH in Europe respond not so quickly and it's mon-fri. But since i'm in OVH 7 months, never had an issues with rented server. Emailed them to get info regarding other offers only.

Thanked by 1earl
  • fanfan Veteran

Anyone knows if they accept international customers?

• Yes, accept. They told by phone they are open worldwide. BTW. I'm Ukrainian