Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will pay for nginx config set-up w/ wordpress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

will pay for nginx config set-up w/ wordpress

Have nginx set up via centminmod, have wordpress files copied over from old server, seems to be config problem. DB is moved over also - should be good to go minus the config problem.

Will pay for fixing config issues, make sure ssl is working, site is loading, etc. Please have some sort of references history here.

PM and we will work out details

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Should work out of the box. What issues are you experiencing?

• https://nginxconfig.io/
    you may want to try this auto tool

Thanked by 3ehab eol sidewinder
  • Tried asking on centmin mod official commmunity forums ? ;) One thing with latest beta is extra wordpress security if you use wordpress auto installer

see these 2 threads for more details

• Such Paid Stuff Works allowed here?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2018

TechExhibeo said: Such Paid Stuff Works allowed here?

Yes, why not? If a member asks for paid help, I guess is OK.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • Can get this done. Pm me

• Anyone you recommend?

Otherwise - I'll pay you upfront to fix it - I trust you and would rather give you the money for all your awesome work on this project - I just don't have the time to dive into the nginx config files and whatever. Centminmod is installed, the WordPress install is moved over, the DB is moved over.

Thanks

@eva2000 said:
    Tried asking on centmin mod official commmunity forums ? ;) One thing with latest beta is extra wordpress security if you use wordpress auto installer

see these 2 threads for more details

• @TechExhibeo said:
    Such Paid Stuff Works allowed here?

Seems like a win / win so why wouldn't it be.

PM me, can have it fixed now.

• I can give it a try. Let me know if you still need a fix.

• MikePT did a good job, thanks for all the help to everyone else. I definitely would not call it easy but nothing with nginx is from my experience.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @sidewinder said:
    MikePT did a good job, thanks for all the help to everyone else. I definitely would not call it easy but nothing with nginx is from my experience.

How much you paid for him ? Out of curiosity. If you don't comfortable stating in the public , you can pm me.

• @yokowasis said:

@sidewinder said:
    MikePT did a good job, thanks for all the help to everyone else. I definitely would not call it easy but nothing with nginx is from my experience.

How much you paid for him ?

You can pick him up outside of ServerDepot, he and a few buddies are more than willing to work.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited December 2018

@yokowasis said:

@sidewinder said:

How much you paid for him ? Out of curiosity. If you don't comfortable stating in the public , you can pm me.

That is not relevant at all, though it depends on the issue and time spent. This one was rather not so easy.
    Easy stuff, wrong waf path, then issues with the template with the current php version and php downgrade. Also forced SSL, db serialize and a few other things such as php-fpm optimization (noticed it was quite slow).

Issue was solved, running properly now. I ended up not asking for any set fee but asked to send me whatever he felt was fair and wouldn't make him any difference. He was generous.
    People from this community have a different, special treatment.
    Professionally, for companies, I apply my hourly fee.

@sidewinder said:

It was a pleasure! Thank you.

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited December 2018

@yokowasis said:

@sidewinder said:

It was a PIA for me, especially with no uninterrupted time to figure it out. I did remember, from previous migrations the template doesn't work in latest php versions or it might not of ever would of been sorted out.

The point is, I didn't have any more time to devote to it. Would I have figured it out eventually? Probably... but so much easier to just pay someone when time is at a premium.

MikePT was a great find - although most here are competent enough to do everything they need - if they aren't, he is a great choice.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@sidewinder said:

@yokowasis said:

@sidewinder said:

It was a PIA for me, especially with no uninterrupted time to figure it out. I did remember, from previous migrations the template doesn't work in latest php versions or it might not of ever would of been sorted out.

The point is, I didn't have any more time to devote to it. Would I have figured it out eventually? Probably... but so much easier to just pay someone when time is at a premium.

MikePT was a great find - although most here are competent enough to do everything they need - if they aren't, he is a great choice.

Thank you for the kind words! :-)