Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway and PayPal option
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway and PayPal option

Is it possible to buy vps from Scalewat over PayPal ?

Comments

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

from what there site says no they don't http://prntscr.com/lx87qj

but I would recommend reaching out to them to double check

• Ohhh boy!, They will not go far.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2018

@jure12 said:
    Ohhh boy!, They will not go far.

Because they've cut the middleman, they've already went among the furthest.

Thanked by 4eol coreflux emgh rm_
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is not nigh.

Thanked by 2eol Janevski
  • !

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • How was it, they do bad business. There is no possibility at this time buy VPS with PayPal is equivalent to suicide.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2018

@jure12 said:
    How was it, they do bad business. There is no possibility at this time buy VPS with PayPal is equivalent to suicide.

No, because all custommers that they'd like to have, have payment cards.

Scaleway also don't do prepaid services or account credit, just so they don't bother with refunds. Their plans are such well granulated, if someone isn't satisfied with the service, he may stop using it right away and shall get billed and post pay as much as he actually used.

Thanked by 1dfmcvn
  • maybe like online.net, after 3 months you can request PP payment.

• @jure12 said:
    How was it, they do bad business. There is no possibility at this time buy VPS with PayPal is equivalent to suicide.

They do allow it but you need to be a customer of theirs for a couple of months. Scalway is run by online.net i've had them before and are great once you get you head round the control panel

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2018

ginner159 said: They do allow it but you need to be a customer of theirs for a couple of months. Scalway is run by online.net i've had them before and are great once you get you head round the control panel

Sure they allow PayPal for services in the Online.net panel, but are you sure they allow the same on Scaleway? Did you personally check? Because that seems very doubtful given how Scaleway pay-as-you-go billing works.

• Scalway should urgently have the option for paypal, otherwise they lose a lot of money.

• @jure12 said:
    Scalway should urgently have the option for paypal, otherwise they lose a lot of money.

I think they are saving a lot of money by not paying the incredibly high fees paypal is charging.

Also, Paypal attracts a lot of bad customers they'd rather not deal with.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @edfox said:

@jure12 said:
    Scalway should urgently have the option for paypal, otherwise they lose a lot of money.

I think they are saving a lot of money by not paying the incredibly high fees paypal is charging.

Also, Paypal attracts a lot of bad customers they'd rather not deal with.

I do not agree with you.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I agree though. Opting out for paypal is certainly a valid choice.

• @jure12 said:
    I do not agree with you.

You obviously don't know how painful handling PayPal payments is.

• Because with paypal you can cancel the subscription anytime, with credit card you have to either contact them, or your bank to cancel, as they have direct access to your card so can charge you as long as your card is listed there.

• jure12jure12 Member
    edited December 2018

If I did cancel my subscription via PayPal then they can switch off my VPS.
    Basically, no risk to buy or charge something via PayPal.

All in all, they (Scaleway) lose money ;)
    Not having a payment option for PayPal today is totally stupid or it is suicide for a company that sells hosting, vps, dedicated server, cloud, domein, etc...

I laugh!!! :smiley:

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

I never buy something from companies that don't accept PayPal, and I suppose I am not the only one. So yes, they loose money and clients.

• @Shazan said:
    I never buy something from companies that don't accept PayPal, and I suppose I am not the only one. So yes, they loose money and clients.

And that's exactly what these companies trying to achieve - filter out cheapskates, general idiots and low payers. All adults in this age has one or more payment cards. All adults.

Thanked by 3eol Falzo Janevski

@LTniger said:
    All adults in this age has one or more payment cards. All adults.

Yes but PayPal is still one of the most used payment methods. 80% of our customers pay with it and we have under 2% of disputes. Would be a suicide to stop accepting it.

If you rely on the payment method to filter idiots and cheepskates, that means that you don't have a decent antifraud system /team.

Also, even idiots and children can use credit cards...

• @Shazan said:

They can use paypal also...

Thanked by 1Shazan

@eol said:

@Shazan said:

They can use paypal also...

Yes, indeed I mean that you don't filter them with a payment method.

• But you get around disputes and people counting on it.

• farnoxfarnox Member
    edited December 2018

@Shazan said:
    Yes but PayPal is still one of the most used payment methods. 80% of our customers pay with it and we have under 2% of disputes.

By showing your insanely high dispute ratio, you just showed why anyone should avoid PayPal. Under 2% is not a good ratio by any means.

Thanked by 1Shazan

@eol said:
    But you get around disputes and people counting on it.

If that happens too often means that the company doesn't have a good antifraud check.

Thanked by 1eol

@farnox said:

@Shazan said:
    Yes but PayPal is still one of the most used payment methods. 80% of our customers pay with it and we have under 2% of disputes.

By showing your insanely high dispute ratio, you just showed why anyone should avoid PayPal. Under 2% is not a good ratio by any means.

Sorry I meant under 2 per year, not percent.

Thanked by 1farnox
  • @Shazan said:

@eol said:

If that happens too often means that the company doesn't have a good antifraud check.

^^ "under 2%" disputes is relatively often.

@eol said:

@Shazan said:

@eol said:

^^ "under 2%" disputes is relatively often.

Yes sorry, was a typo, I didn't mean to express a percentage but a maximum per year, from zero to 2 per year.

• Hm.