Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner 10Gbps upgrade for 39.00€/m, Anyone tested this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner 10Gbps upgrade for 39.00€/m, Anyone tested this?

Has anyone actually bought this upgrade for EX series server? How is it in general?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

10Gbit has a traffic limit.

• @Neoon said:
    10Gbit has a traffic limit.

I'm aware of that. Would be 30 TB for my server if we consider addons already in it. or 20 TB for the base price.

• user54321user54321 Member
    edited December 2018

Tested it before they did go unmetered, did cost 79€ back then. Network speed was great, sadly not possible for the AMD servers because they had a special facility for the 10 gig servers where they could not fit the AMD Servers. is that available for all servers now?

• They told me it's not available on auction servers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Hadriel said:
    They told me it's not available on auction servers.

so they are still physically located at a other place than the other servers and because the auction servers are allready in a rack they can't offer it for them.

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

Didn't test it, but would be interested in a review!

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

Sorry to bump this up any reviews on this?

• graphicgraphic Member

Well i bought it few years ago.
    8 to 9 gbps for iperf speedtests.
    Everything went smooth and i've had no problems at all. There's no more I can say about it.
    Bare in mind that the firewall feature we'll be deactivated.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • If your not going to go over the limit, extremely solid connection that will saturate without question.