Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud - €5 free Xmas gift - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud - €5 free Xmas gift

Comments

• Unconditional gift
    Thanks!

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL Any plan to add PayPal to konsoleH?

• @Hetzner_OL , my bill came down from €15.28 to €10.28 with discount, thank you.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

@Chocoweb said:
    Just verified my KonsoleH account in less than an hour after I sent the photo copy.

Be careful. konsoleH is the interface for our managed products (managed servers, managed webhosting, and Heztner NextCloud and for ordering many of our domains). Cloud Console is for administering Hetzner Cloud.

managed: konsoleH
    unmanaged/root access: Hetzner Accounts (leads you to Robot and Cloud Console)

gol3m said: The only thing I wish for is a more user friendly bandwidth rule. I understand that Hetzner has to pay for it, but I can't spin up hundreds of instances and take on the risk of having to pay 1€ per TB overage for every single one.

(and @smile) Thanks for that feedback. I will pass it on to the Hetzner Cloud team.

ZiriusPH said: Easy 25 bucks

Do you care to elaborate on that?

@kzed @farsighter Well, sometimes when you give someone a present, it just isn't the right present. My grandma used to give me and my brothers socks each year. I loved them; they hated them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I still appreciate the feedback, though.

Thank you to everyone else who has given me feedback so far! I'm glad to see you're enjoying this opportunity. --Katie

I would suggest temporarily disable the requirements to submit passport.

No one will risk giving you passport just to get $5 for limited time use of the server. This is trial account so the focus is to try the service quality. At the end of trial you could request
    Passport to upgrade to normal plan

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jamuja said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Chocoweb said:
    Just verified my KonsoleH account in less than an hour after I sent the photo copy.

Be careful. konsoleH is the interface for our managed products (managed servers, managed webhosting, and Heztner NextCloud and for ordering many of our domains). Cloud Console is for administering Hetzner Cloud.

gol3m said: The only thing I wish for is a more user friendly bandwidth rule. I understand that Hetzner has to pay for it, but I can't spin up hundreds of instances and take on the risk of having to pay 1€ per TB overage for every single one.

(and @smile) Thanks for that feedback. I will pass it on to the Hetzner Cloud team.

@kzed @farsighter Well, sometimes when you give someone a present, it just isn't the right present. My grandma used to give me and my brothers socks each year. I loved them; they hated them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I still appreciate the feedback, though.

Thank you to everyone else who has given me feedback so far! I'm glad to see you're enjoying this opportunity. --Katie

No one will risk giving you passport just to get $5 for limited time use of the server. This is trial account so the focus is to try the service quality. At the end of trial you could request

So you cant trust them but they can trust you. Right.

• @MikePT said:

@jamuja said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Chocoweb said:

So would you give your passport just for any small money incentive?

Sorry but my private information worth a lotore than that. I have been customers for years for cloud services but haven't been asked to submit passport once.

You gotta think the goal of an action. This post is clearly made by marketing team, to market heztner, raise awareness, show off services quality. Requiring passport hinder that goal.
    There are many ways to safe guard from abuse, like email, address, phone check, blocking ports and services, limited access to server resource etc.
    Requiring passport is one of the worst way for free trial.

• I think it's fair enough.

• OK then I guess I'm the only one who thinks my passport worth more than $5

• I see it this way:
    If I provide a service than can potentially be abused I want to know who I am dealing with.

Thanked by 1Aidan

@jamuja said:

@MikePT said:

@jamuja said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Chocoweb said:

Sorry but my private information worth a lotore than that. I have been customers for years for cloud services but haven't been asked to submit passport once.

You gotta think the goal of an action. This post is clearly made by marketing team, to market heztner, raise awareness, show off services quality. Requiring passport hinder that goal.
    There are many ways to safe guard from abuse, like email, address, phone check, blocking ports and services, limited access to server resource etc.

Lets agree to disagree. Free credit and no verification. Guess what could go wrong.

• @jamuja said:

you are blabbering tooooo much for what you call small money.

take this small money or leave, dont be a little hypocrite b*tch

• Awesome, thanks @Hetzner_OL

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @MikePT said:

@jamuja said:

@MikePT said:

@jamuja said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Chocoweb said:

Lets agree to disagree. Free credit and no verification. Guess what could go wrong.

He mentioned at least 3 other ways of verification other than passport. I would've never been a client of Hetzner if they had asked for my passport/ID, or any other provider whatsoever. I've seen how they tend to end up on the deep web and what one can do with one.

@luissousa said:

@MikePT said:

@jamuja said:

@MikePT said:

@jamuja said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Chocoweb said:

He mentioned at least 3 other ways of verification other than passport. I would've never been a client of Hetzner if they had asked for my passport/ID, or any other provider whatsoever. I've seen how they tend to end up on the deep web and what one can do with one.

I doubt that would happen with Hetzner tho.

• Great gift

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • All I wanted for Christmas was pics.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well i want to see the Girls of Hetzner calendar. I would happily flash my passport.

Thanked by 3AuroraZ eol sibaper
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Nirvana - I am unfortunatley not party to the decision-making process behind our pricing, and to the best of my knowledge, we have never published details for how we arrive as specific prices, so we probably won't do so here. Perhaps the company leaders would expect customers to use a dedicated server to fill this gap between CX and CCX plans as you propose. But thank you very much for the constructive criticism. We always appreciate that and I will pass it onto the Cloud team.

@jamuja @luissousa The EU's law GDPR and federal German laws prevent us from collecting, processing, and storing personal data unless we need to. So we ask for IDs for situations where new accounts look unusual and are likely fake accounts that will later cause abuse. When you send us these IDs, our team manually. As soon as they are done with that, they delete them. You can write to our team for instructions for how you can send the ID in an encryped mail if that helps. If you are otherwise uncomfortable with this arrangement. We understand that and simply suggest that you try another provider.

@PieNotEvenEaten - I think first we'd probably have a calendar for different departments, like networking, server assembly, or DC server support. That would at least let you see more hardware, which is what I know you all are actually interested in...right? Are those the kinds of pics you meant, @AuroraZ?
    --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @Nirvana - I am unfortunatley not party to the decision-making process behind our pricing, and to the best of my knowledge, we have never published details for how we arrive as specific prices, so we probably won't do so here. Perhaps the company leaders would expect customers to use a dedicated server to fill this gap between CX and CCX plans as you propose. But thank you very much for the constructive criticism. We always appreciate that and I will pass it onto the Cloud team.

@jamuja @luissousa The EU's law GDPR and federal German laws prevent us from collecting, processing, and storing personal data unless we need to. So we ask for IDs for situations where new accounts look unusual and are likely fake accounts that will later cause abuse. When you send us these IDs, our team manually. As soon as they are done with that, they delete them. You can write to our team for instructions for how you can send the ID in an encryped mail if that helps. If you are otherwise uncomfortable with this arrangement. We understand that and simply suggest that you try another provider.

@PieNotEvenEaten - I think first we'd probably have a calendar for different departments, like networking, server assembly, or DC server support. That would at least let you see more hardware, which is what I know you all are actually interested in...right? Are those the kinds of pics you meant, @AuroraZ?
    --Katie

Of course the sexy women can't hold a candle to the sexy hardware behind them.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thank you for the Gift, Santa Hetzner.

Thanked by 2eol Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL I was not requested to send any ID nor passport, so all good. I was just saying I wouldn't be your client if I was requested so :)

• Hetzner_OL said: @PieNotEvenEaten - I think first we'd probably have a calendar for different departments, like networking, server assembly, or DC server support. That would at least let you see more hardware, which is what I know you all are actually interested in...right? Are those the kinds of pics you meant, @AuroraZ?

--Katie

Nice, Roasted and Toasted. I wish I could come up with clever comebacks like that.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @jamuja said:
    OK then I guess I'm the only one who thinks my passport worth more than $5

Let me tell you a secret: Even if their wasn't a discount code, they would ask for your ID.

Thanked by 2eol notFrecyboy
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited December 2018

@jamuja said:

While it doesn’t verify the authenticity of the purported ID, they could use basic verification through a code sent via SMS.

They are very much likely to cut down on abuse cases by a rather large margin.

I mean in case of passwords losts or in similar cases, Facebook does it, so does Twitter, so does Microsoft/Skype and so does Amazon.com just to name a few.

But yeah you could pretty much provide a bogus name tied to a real registered SIM card/phone number.

The other benefits being that it doesn’t require human interaction and therefore should be instant.

Regards.

• This won't work for everyone.
    Some people still got no mobile phone and probably never will.

• @Hetzner_OL
    A good cloud feature would be something like a slider for 1-16 cpus,
    256MB-64GB RAM and disk from 10GB-(a lot), etc.
    Price accordlingly ofc.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ZentoraHostingZentoraHosting Member, Host Rep

Amazing offer! Would rather if you billed prior to providing the services though than after, can lose track of everything else.

• Thanks for new and shiny CX21.
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/wk9JznSfTp/
    Thanks to sayem314 for the script.

• Hiya, I applied the code. How to check if it Is applied correctly or not... or did I miss it. Thnx

This discussion has been closed.