Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• @mfs It’s simple. Chris is a coward who doesn’t give a single f*ck about our community. I’d totally ban him if I could. It’s quite obvious to me that he hasn’t learned a single thing since ChicagoVPS was sold and his affiliation with ColoCrossing just reinforces the fact that he’s only here to make money and has no morals or values.

To @CVPS_Chris: you don’t deserve this community. You’ve already run away from this thread so it’s better that you just stay away from LET entirely. You’ve made no valuable contributions to our community apart from your piss-poor “free” VPS giveaway on LEB. So please — on behalf of the entire community: it’s time for you to go.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@frankc420 said:
    Do you guys have any proof at all that Kyle knew that the company was doing bad things? Him being the sales manager doesn't mean he knows what the profit/loss margins are for the company. Use your head here, get out of your emotions and think logically. I get you want someone to blame, but blindly accusing because he was the face of the company (which you have to admit is smart on the owners part) is just ignorant.

Maybe he was involved, but maybe not. It's sad when you guys blast the guy without any proof as if you are an authority on the matter. I'm curious about how many of the people in this thread even had services with HiFormance.

I had 3 VPS in 3 datacenters (ATL, NY, LA) with these guys and "lost" (I'm smart enough to backup) all of my data, but I'm not going to blindly blame Kyle just because he was in the forefront and visible.

While yes, I concede that Kyle probably didn't come up with these business decisions, he definitely had a hand in enabling them. He states that he went the last few months without pay, yet there are LEB posts from this past September, October, and November with Kyle's name all over them.

So if you're asking for proof that Kyle knew something shady was going on, then yes I believe the above proves this. If there's no money left over to pay for staff, then how the hell would they be able to pay their server bills? If you expect me to believe that Kyle worked for free while still advertising super low-cost, long-term services and didn't stop to think, "hey, maybe this is all a quick cash-grab", then I'm sorry. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt here, but can't bring myself to do that.

Yes I did have a VPS with them in LA (paid only for 1 year, thankfully). Didn't expect it to last, but at least expected a little warning before it all went dark. The cherry on top of this for me is that Kyle now has a new VPS company offering very similar services at the same DC locations with the same pricing structure. Matt deserves to get shit on even more than Kyle, but both are responsible for this mess in my eyes.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    @mfs It’s simple. Chris is a coward who doesn’t give a single f*ck about our community. I’d totally ban him if I could. It’s quite obvious to me that he hasn’t learned a single thing since ChicagoVPS was sold and his affiliation with ColoCrossing just reinforces the fact that he’s only here to make money and has no morals or values.

To @CVPS_Chris: you don’t deserve this community. You’ve already run away from this thread so it’s better that you just stay away from LET entirely. You’ve made no valuable contributions to our community apart from your piss-poor “free” VPS giveaway on LEB. So please — on behalf of the entire community: it’s time for you to go.

Pretty obvious when he straight up says that their resellers have immunity on this site.

John won't stay at CC for more than a few more months, purely there to help transission the ownership. Once he's gone, no one will be there to cover Chris, and he'll be gone as well.

Then, the return of Chris publically owning hosting brands.

Francisco

@Francisco said: Then, the return of Chris publically owning hosting brands.

UGVPS II: The Return of Crystal

Coming to a LE drama theater near you.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

doghouch said: To @CVPS_Chris: you don’t deserve this community. You’ve already run away from this thread so it’s better that you just stay away from LET entirely. You’ve made no valuable contributions to our community apart from your piss-poor “free” VPS giveaway on LEB. So please — on behalf of the entire community: it’s time for you to go.

I have not "run away". Sorry I have a job other than scrolling through this forum. God forbid I do not reply the same day! Shame on me.

As far as this entire situation, it is seriously sad on HiFormance and the community. I would like to take a second and iterate that Kyle did have nothing to do with HiFormance and it's disappearing act. That being said from my understanding is there was an internal strife between the main owners (not Kyle) which caused the unexpected shutdown. I do not know full details but this had nothing to do with ColoCrossing.

I also like the fact that ColoCrossing is getting blamed for this entire thing for whatever reason, yet, HiFormance is a customer of QUADRANET. So a little baffled on that.

Francisco said: Pretty obvious when he straight up says that their resellers have immunity on this site.

John won't stay at CC for more than a few more months, purely there to help transission the ownership. Once he's gone, no one will be there to cover Chris, and he'll be gone as well.

Then, the return of Chris publically owning hosting brands.

Francisco

Literally peeing my pants. Have you left your moms basement yet? Get over yourself, your running a glorified hobby shop. I work very hard and have made my own way, pretty pathetic to attack a guy you know nothing about. I have tried nothing other than to be your friend post ChicagoVPS. Keep holding your grudges see where it gets you.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

Literally peeing my pants.

There's help for that. https://www.depend.com/en-us/

P.S. It's : you're*, a contraction for 'you are'.

Thanked by 1Wolveix

@CVPS_Chris said: I also like the fact that ColoCrossing is getting blamed for this entire thing for whatever reason, yet, HiFormance is a customer of QUADRANET. So a little baffled on that.

Think you may have missed the point. Doesn't really matter who the actual servers were hosted with. It's their main advertisement platform (LEB) that was the issue.

• Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

@CVPS_Chris said:
    I do not know full details but this had nothing to do with ColoCrossing.

I also like the fact that ColoCrossing is getting blamed for this entire thing for whatever reason, yet, HiFormance is a customer of QUADRANET. So a little baffled on that.

@Francisco said:
    They rent all of their equipment and IP addresses from Colocrossing. CC goes out of their way to give crazy deals if you can show you're able to move inventory and pay your invoices in a reasonable time. I'm pretty sure they've grown out of the Nugget stage of their companies.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2823815/#Comment_2823815

EDIT:

@linuxthefish said:

@yhuza said:
    Quadranet = Colocrossing ? correct me if wrong

Yeah same company, their LA location is actually in Buffalo

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1320848/#Comment_1320848

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

CVPS_Chris said: the main owners (not Kyle)

who are the main owners?

• I wonder if its hosted on QN - how did my VPS come with a CC IP on it, hosted in the Texas ColoCrossing DC?

The fact that they purchased other servers as well doesn't change the fact that they were initially and mostly on ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • Of course it's CC.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The whole joint is geared to take advantage of fools.

Thanked by 3doghouch eol tcp6
    edited December 2018

@mfs said:

CVPS_Chris said: the main owners (not Kyle)

who are the main owners?

There's 2 owners from what I've been told. There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect" and a few other brands as someone mentioned up above.

The story I've been told so far is the dedidirect guy peaced out with whatever savings the company had and can't be contacted. Guy has supposedly been hosting with CC since the very start, gets some very shit-host friendly deals.

No idea if it's true, but it seems to line up with the comment on the China blogs about what happened.

As for Chris, I got well over 10 years in the business (BuyVM's 10th year is in April!), but still a hobby. So much a hobby that you twice asked to merge our brands together. So much a hobby that no less than 4 different high placed CC workers have tried to buy licensing for Stallion.

The solution is simple. CC needs to start checking their resellers that make sales like this. Sure, for the immediate it's great for them since they got resellers moving 10's, or even hundreds, of nodes for them. But when it goes tits up (which always happens), the blame goes squarely on them, even if it isn't justified.

More and more people are simply not going to buy from brands that have Buffalo locations. It's being seen as a red flag. They're poisoning the well, but this time they have a big conglomerate they have to answer to, not themselves.

Francisco

• @deank said:

I think it's just a scheme to collect IPv4s.

@eol said:

@deank said:

Was, there's no more IP's to be had.

Francisco

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Francisco said:

@eol said:

@deank said:

Was, there's no more IP's to be had.

Francisco

Thanks.
    I need a new theory now.

Thanked by 2netomx bugrakoc

Francisco said: There's 2 owners from what I've been told. There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect" and a few other brands as someone mentioned up above.

The story I've been told so far is the dedidirect guy peaced out with whatever savings the company had and can't be contacted. Guy has supposedly been hosting with CC since the very start, gets some very shit-host friendly deals.

No idea if it's true, but it seems to line up with the comment on the China blogs about what happened.

Wow for once you are actually are on the right track golf claps.

Francisco said: As for Chris, I got well over 10 years in the business (BuyVM's 10th year is in April!), but still a hobby. So much a hobby that you twice asked to merge our brands together. So much a hobby that no less than 4 different high placed CC workers have tried to buy licensing for Stallion.

So you are bringing something up anywhere from 6-7 years ago? Yes at a point in time I brought that to you, but glad I didn't. ChicagoVPS grew far larger than what BuyVM was doing at the time and I am sure is still much larger under the ColoCrossing management. As far as Stallion, I doubt that has happened recently, again probably a topic from many years ago.

Yes I will stand by my response, your are a glorified hobby shop.

CVPS_Chris said: Yes I will stand by my response, your are a glorified hobby shop.

I'll wear it as a badge of honor, and have done so on the LE Discord :)

Francisco

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2018

Francisco said: There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect"

I don't know about Matt, I've noticed "Dedidirect" in hiformance's NS history and luckily for us it seems he's here! @DediDirect
    They registered in Wyoming as well, just the "Costas" contact doesn't match "Nguyen" but probably there are tens of people working around these brands! Sadly I've been unable to locate dedidirect's business on opencorporates and wyobiz.wy.gov, the "Admin Street" address is a generic "Suite" used in multiple registrations. I did already cross their site, it seemed to me mostly an unfinished template + a (genuinely licensed) WHMCS. Their posting history on LET doesn't seem too compelling tbqh. I wonder if that's the "experienced guy" our @CVPS_Chris was talking about

EDIT: yep! So, @DediDirect is one of the main owners I guess

EDIT2: I hope you hard working LEB guys will restore those pages that somehow hit a 404 ASAP! Streisand's effect is rather unpleasant, you know

Thanked by 4MasonR eol angstrom tcp6
  • CVPS_Chris said: I work very hard and have made my own way

Make your own way outta here aswell please.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@HostFlyte just fuck off.

/thread.

edited December 2018

@mfs said:

Francisco said: There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect"

I don't know about Matt, I've noticed "Dedidirect" in hiformance's NS history and luckily for us it seems he's here! @DediDirect
    They registered in Wyoming as well, just the "Costas" contact doesn't match "Nguyen" but probably there are tens of people working around these brands! Sadly I've been unable to locate dedidirect's business on opencorporates and wyobiz.wy.gov, the "Admin Street" address is a generic "Suite" used in multiple registrations. I did already cross their site, it seemed to me mostly an unfinished template + a (genuinely licensed) WHMCS. Their posting history on LET doesn't seem too compelling tbqh. I wonder if that's the "experienced guy" our @CVPS_Chris was talking about

EDIT: yep! So, @DediDirect is one of the main owners I guess

Owner of DediDirect is Vee Tran.

Matches HiFormance's abuse contact for their IPs. So I guess we've identified the mysterious other owner. Add DediDirect and VeeServers to your no-buy lists, people :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said:

Francisco said: There's 2 owners from what I've been told. There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect" and a few other brands as someone mentioned up above.

Wow for once you are actually are on the right track golf claps.

Francisco said: As for Chris, I got well over 10 years in the business (BuyVM's 10th year is in April!), but still a hobby. So much a hobby that you twice asked to merge our brands together. So much a hobby that no less than 4 different high placed CC workers have tried to buy licensing for Stallion.

So you are bringing something up anywhere from 6-7 years ago? Yes at a point in time I brought that to you, but glad I didn't. ChicagoVPS grew far larger than what BuyVM was doing at the time and I am sure is still much larger under the ColoCrossing management. As far as Stallion, I doubt that has happened recently, again probably a topic from many years ago.

You are quite rude Chris.

Re: Hobby, what is really the issue running a hobby that is profitable? Is that something you should be ashamed of?

Btw you are certainly aware that we, the members, are the ones allowing you to profit from this community. Consider yourself lucky. There are other alternatives nowadays.

Thanked by 4wtfcook eol tcp6 pluush
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

@CVPS_Chris said:

Rather than having a shit flinging contest with @Francisco wouldn't you be better off spending your time finishing off this?

https://blog.colocrossing.com/is-time-start-using-ipv6-data-center

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • That link^
    LOL @ "IPv6 could serve as another barrier between your organization and the bad guys."

Thanked by 1ehhthing
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MasonR said:

@Francisco said: Then, the return of Chris publically owning hosting brands.

UGVPS II: The Return of Crystal

Coming to a LE drama theater near you.

• @MikePT said:

> HostFlyte said: From the start, the company appeared to be doing well from what I could see. I never really questioned the pricing or plans. I just believed in it because there were no issues with money or bills. The owner had experience and I was getting paid so in my eyes everything was ok.

I did not own hiformance or optimizedvps. I Built the websites and backend and optimized used my PayPal for a short period. Hiformance PayPal is not mine either. I worked my butt though and went without income for many months in the end.

So they always paid, but you went without income for many months in the end? Get lost.
    Just leave LET, you're not getting the Provider tag and I don't think anyone believes you. Liar.

Come on guys, it's not about banning this fellow. He can be used to reach the culprits who've made us loose our data and take then to task. Obviously he has their contacts as he knows and has worked with each one of them?

• He is useless.
    He can't even remember if he got paid or not.