Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• It is 18th December now in Australia, but I can't even visit hiformance.com, let alone my server to backup the data. Is it likely for me to lose everything on the server?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

who remembers that time a host pretended not to be owned by another host and that same host pretended to be a mother called Crystal running yet another host and then that same host blackmailed the real crystal's partner in to fronting a number of other fake identities then it all came out in the wash when the real slim shady (crystal) came forward with a big "WTF is this business doing registered in my name" I.D theft that traced back to that same original host?

It got way worse than that, but then that same host also bought another host and took all the services off line for about 3 months BEFORE announcing it and then the same host paid off another host to by another host that had suspect stains on his bedroom carpet and then the DB got leaked and a video was made by a puppet that fell off a bike and then that same original host ended up with the customers again.

This has happened about 10 times to my knowledge.

That host is basically the trump of LEB, if you managed to follow any of that... well done.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Reminds me of AngelNetworkz.

Thanked by 1Eased
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@deank said:
    It's not just down. It is gone.

It is not coming back up.

its like your wife, as soon they know you have no money, gone.

Thanked by 2eol bugrakoc

Yeah, bitches.

Thanked by 1eol
  • EasedEased Member, Host Rep

@deank said:

The good ol' days! So nostalgic.

• @deank said:

Certainly remember AngelNetworkz fiasco. That said, how does one go out of business after running a BF/CM promos? Did they not foresee their financial situation? Either Promos were a scam to make quick $$$ grab or they thought they would be able to sustain sales growth to continue operations.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited December 2018

Obviously it was a quickie to grab some cash to pay off an immediate debt.
    Happens fairly often in these market segments.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

Francisco said: The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Always spreading lies about us. The owners of this company have been in the hosting business longer than you have. Stop trolling every ColoCrossing thread, grow up and move on its time.

Hi Chris

What lies did he spread?
    I'm a relatively new member here. I owned several servers from trusted providers on LET.
    So I'm curious to hear ColoCrossing side of story.

From my personal experience, the discount server plans offered in LEB seems nice at first but they don't deliver the service, actively killing process, and hinder customer from actually using server resources.
    These details were not found in any of terms of usage. They are misleading, false advertising, and very much scam-like.
    PayPal semester to be aware of this type of scam because all of my claims were resolved swiftly giving me full refund.

Many if not all of these companies are reselling ColoCrossing resources. And all of them refused refund even when they say they guarantee refund.
    To give you specific example of bad apples: umaxhosting, alpharacks and many others in LEB

Regardless whether or not ColoCrossing is complicit in enabling such blatant scam-like business model, you gotta admit this hurt every company that has business dealing with you.
    To the point that every time I am interested in a server plan, I now check, do they have server location in BUFFALO NEW YORK, because if yes then it's most likely ColoCrossing and this equal bad, bad, bad, must avoid even when the pricing looks attractive.

• slow clap take my money when I paid for 3 years to get the irresistable double CPU/RAM offer then close down past the 180-day limit to file a dispute. F you "Kyle Rambeau".

• @bula said: how does one go out of business after running a BF/CM promos?

In a case like the present one, the problems are already present before BF/CM, and a BF/CM promo is a last-resort strategy to increase cash inflow quickly. The BF/CM promo itself is not the main cause of the deadpool, though it may be a contributing factor.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@bula said: how does one go out of business after running a BF/CM promos?

In a case like the present one, the problems are already present before BF/CM, and a BF/CM promo is a last-resort strategy to increase cash inflow quickly. The BF/CM promo itself is not the main cause of the deadpool, though it may be a contributing factor.

That's assuming funding was the issue.

Maybe there's truth behind the paypal claims, but that's even worse. It would be 3 different brands operating under the same paypal, without disclosure, and the paypal isn't even owned by the owner of the brand. The paypal is supposedly owned by some random employee that claims he was due a lot of back wages.

Why would they operate the paypal that way? There's no reason for it short of trying to cover something up.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@angstrom said:

@bula said: how does one go out of business after running a BF/CM promos?

That's assuming funding was the issue.

Maybe there's truth behind the paypal claims, but that's even worse. It would be 3 different brands operating under the same paypal, without disclosure, and the paypal isn't even owned by the owner of the brand. The paypal is supposedly owned by some random employee that claims he was due a lot of back wages.

Why would they operate the paypal that way? There's no reason for it short of trying to cover something up.

Francisco

Where was there a mention about the paypal claims?

• In a case like the present one, the problems are already present before BF/CM, and a BF/CM promo is a last-resort strategy to increase cash inflow quickly. The BF/CM promo itself is not the main cause of the deadpool, though it may be a contributing factor.

I am fairly new to LET but not at WHT so do not know much about the history of HiFormance however am certainly learning a lot more as well other providers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

zafouhar said: Where was there a mention about the paypal claims?

"OptimizedVPS" sent gongyi a email about the claim.

Francisco

Easy to blame the scammer.

I'd blame the victims for falling for such an amatuer trick.

• @deank said:

Want a 4 gig, 4 thread OVZ VPS for only $5/mo?

No, I want a KVM VPS for the same price.

• @deank said:
    No, I want a KVM VPS for the same price.

Well, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

• My last backup is a few months old... :(

The server went down and I searched hiformance here to read the comments on the older ads and they're all gone.

Is there even a tiny hope of the servers going back up before 22/12 for me to back things up? I'm at a loss for words :|

• Gone is gone. Welcome to the machine.

Thanked by 2Skander netomx
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

This is all I read from your message

Thanked by 3netomx eol tcp6
  • I am hoping a white knight coming before Christmas???

A white knight could be coming out of one's mouth in a form of bubbles.

• I miss VortexNode

• Who won the > @mfs said:

@CVPS_Chris said:

Francisco said: The problem is that the admins of here and LEB posted their 3 year offers even though the company had far less than a year of actual life behind it.

Always spreading lies about us. The owners of this company have been in the hosting business longer than you have. Stop trolling every ColoCrossing thread, grow up and move on its time.

According to the notoriously rogue website known as lowendbox.com

they’re a registered LLC in the state of Wyoming (2017-000777425)

As anyone can check on opencorporates, they started their company in November 2017

Wyoming confirms
    (and adds: "Standing - Tax: Delinquent")

The domain has been registered in 2014 but that alone doesn't mean they've been in business since then, also it seems it (possibly) changed ownership from 2014 to 2017

So if you want to add some more background information about the way you check people advertising on LEB; or, if you can state that you've cleared their credentials and if you can add more to these findings anyone can google in 10 minutes, please share

Reading fail. The person was speaking of the owner's experience, not company incorporated.

If you're 60 and you worked at jobs in the telecommunications business for 30 years and start a company, you still get to say 30 years experience.

• @deank said:

And you can go fuck yourself. Victim blaming... seriously, gtfo.

• @bayarea15 said:
    slow clap take my money when I paid for 3 years to get the irresistable double CPU/RAM offer then close down past the 180-day limit to file a dispute. F you "Kyle Rambeau".

You're past 180 days? I thought that was around June 24, less than 6 months ago. At least my first purchase was.

• @TimboJones said:

@bayarea15 said:
    slow clap take my money when I paid for 3 years to get the irresistable double CPU/RAM offer then close down past the 180-day limit to file a dispute. F you "Kyle Rambeau".

You're past 180 days? I thought that was around June 24, less than 6 months ago. At least my first purchase was.

Yeah, looks like from a Jan 2018 LEB deal.

• Uptime Robot just sent me UP notifications for three LA servers that were down 98 hours.