Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[USA,India] - Elastic VPS, Docker and Container based Platform-as-a-service - Free Trial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[USA,India] - Elastic VPS, Docker and Container based Platform-as-a-service - Free Trial

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran
edited December 2018 in Offers

Hello LET members,

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks.

We have launched a new , never seen before on LET , Elastic VPS offering called CloudJiffy . Watch a 2 minute video

CloudJiffy is based on Virtuozzo 7 / Jelastic and has the following main features -

• Anything-as-a-service - CloudJiffy will auto-deploy your preferred stack as a highly-available cluster Automatically, within Minutes.
  • Automatic Vertical scaling - Set your container to 128 MB RAM and let it scale upto 128 GB of RAM , as and when required. Perfect option for LET's Idling Containers.
  • Cloudlets - Containers are set and measured in Cloudlets used - each cloudlet is 128MB RAM and 400Mhz CPU
  • Hourly Billing - Your container(s) are billed per hour, based on number of Cloudlets used.
  • Docker Hub - CloudJiffy connects to Docker Hub so that you can deploy any public or private Docker template.

CloudJiffy also has a large number of DevOps features -

• Web SSH/RDP - Web based SSH and RDP within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.
  • File manager - Edit config files, application files, upload/remove files and folders within the portal.
  • Statistics - View CPU, RAM, Disk, Traffic stats within CloudJiffy on a per container basis.
  • Logging - View application and container logs within the interface.
  • Clone Environments - Clone running VPS, containers or entire environments.
  • Collaborations- Collaborate with users giving them limited/unlimited access to one or more environments.
  • Alerts - Automated load alerts are setup for each of your containers are configurable through the interface.
  • Horizontal Scaling - Setup triggers and load balancers for automated horizontal scaling.

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

Interested ? Here is how Pricing works -

Cloudlets - $0.7 onwards per month 
Storage - 20GB SSD Free - $0.03 per GB per month
Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - $0.03 per GB
Public IPv4 - $1.5 per month

Billing is pre-paid via fund addition with a minimum of $10 .

What does $7 get you for an entire month -

Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7 :)

We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

**Datacenter, Server Hardware and Network -

US West1**

• Los Angeles, California based Tier 3 Datacenter - Same datacenter used by Leapswitch Networks .
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM .
  • 1000mbps network - 100mbps limit per container .
  • SSD RAID10 .
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA.

IN West1

• Pune, India based Tier 3 Datacenter - Same datacenter used by Leapswitch Networks.
  • TATA, Vodafone, Airtel and NIXI network.
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM.
  • 1000mbps network - 100mbps limit per container.
  • SSD RAID10.
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA.

Support options -

Payment methods -

• USD - Major Credit Cards (via Stripe)
  • USD - PayPal
  • INR - Credit cards/Debit Cards/Net Banking (Indians, via Instamojo)
  • INR - Check / Cash / NEFT (HDFC, Kotak)

Why Leapswitch Networks -

• #1 Company in Pune (top 10 in India) according to number of domains hosted. - 25000+
  • Registered Pvt Ltd. and Inc - 12th year in business (Since 2006)
  • 24x7 Live Technical Support and Monitoring
  • Fully Owned Hardware - Servers, Power, Network Equipment and IPs - We do not Resell
  • Brand Name Genuine SuperMicro and ASUS Hardware
  • Operations in 19 locations worldwide
  • Serving 16000+ customers from 110+ countries

We look forward to your questions and feedback!

Ishan

Comments

• Interesting, looks like hyper.sh?
    Have you considered add paypal so user could add credit to their account like most cloud provider do?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2018

@hiphiphip0 said:
    Interesting, looks like hyper.sh?
    Have you considered add paypal so user could add credit to their account like most cloud provider do?

There are similarities and differences compared to Hyper.sh . We provide full access to each service that you host so you have the flexibility of IaaS and ease of use of PaaS .

We do accept PayPal , sorry missed it in original post. You can add funds via PayPal or Stripe (credit/debit cards)

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

0.61 cents per month, not to shaby.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @leapswitch said:
    We do accept PayPal , sorry missed it in original post. You can add funds via PayPal or Stripe (credit/debit cards)

Maximum of phone number is 10, not enough for china mobile.

@hiphiphip0 said:

@leapswitch said:

Maximum of phone number is 10, not enough for china mobile.

We will get this fixed, thank you for the report. You can PM me your email address, I can get you activated without phone verification

• @leapswitch said:
    We will get this fixed, thank you for the report. You can PM me your email address, I can get you activated without phone verification

It's fine, I registerd with removed last number.
    The return URL after paypal payment is https://cloudjiffy.com/portal/clientarea.php, not JAEGER. The payment is completed though.
    If user want to connect nodes though internal network, public IPv4 is not required for elastic VPS node, now it's required. Do you offer IPv6?

@hiphiphip0 said:

@leapswitch said:

It's fine, I registerd with removed last number.

Great

The return URL after paypal payment is https://cloudjiffy.com/portal/clientarea.php, not JAEGER. The payment is completed though.

We will look into this. Payments should ideally happen in a separate window and original dashboard page should remain as is.

If user want to connect nodes though internal network, public IPv4 is not required for elastic VPS node, now it's required. Do you offer IPv6?

Elastic VPS option requires a Public IPv4. Elastic VPS is only required if you do not use our pre-built containers. I would recommend using our containers as they come with a lot of functionality - Firewall GUI, Domain binding, SSL, Internal network, Git deployment etc.

Public IPv6 is in the roadmap and should be available in both locations next month.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited December 2018

Interesting

How does this work compared to just regular VPS providers? Instead of creating a ticket and asking for an upgrade in a certain area (ram, space, cpu, etc), the vps just automatically does that for you dynamically, based upon your resource usage? Do I have that right?

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@JohnMiller92 said:
    Interesting

How does this work compared to just regular VPS providers? Instead of creating a ticket and asking for an upgrade in a certain area (ram, space, cpu, etc), the vps just automatically does that for you dynamically, based upon your resources? If I got that right?

You select a minimum and maximum limit for CPU/RAM and it will auto scale up and down within those limits.

It is not just a VPS though. CloudJiffy handles the entire architecture deployment, CI / CD for you. Just select what you want to host and let CloudJiffy handle the rest.

Example, a LAMP stack -

Select PHP version, number of Apache web servers ( 1 or more), number of database servers (1 or cluster of 2,3 or more) and click deploy. Within 5 minutes, entire stack with load balancing, multiple web servers, MySQL with master-slave/master-master/galera gets deployed.

Now, let CloudJiffy fetch your code from Git / Bitbucket / SVN , deploy your database through phpMyAdmin and your app is live.

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • leapswitch said: You select a minimum and maximum limit for CPU/RAM and it will auto scale up and down within those limits.

It is not just a VPS though. CloudJiffy handles the entire architecture deployment, CI / CD for you. Just select what you want to host and let CloudJiffy handle the rest.

Cool. Might have to give this a try, thanks for the explanation

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited December 2018

Can vouch for them. The service works as expected. Expect sending a lot of ticket if you are new, because there will be questions. A lot. Also sometimes the support doesn't really know the service very well. I remember asking a support if 1 environment can support multiple domain , the answer is no. However I can make multiple domain works with 1 environment ( still can't make ssl to work tough, using flexible cloudflare at the moment to circumvent it )

Also unlike most normal vps provider , it doesn't come with free ipv4. You need to pay for ip.

as of right now leapswitch is the best option for my needs ( load balancing + auto scaling horizontal and vertical ). I literally can't find any other providers that can do this.

For idle vps / low traffic expect the cost around $3 - $5 per month for Load Balancer + Apache + MySQL.

Also you don't get root access if you use their micro service (?) / Template.

On the other hand they have a lot of template , which is neat.

Also notable feature is git deployment with auto update with pre / post deployment custom script. All I need is commit, and tomorrow I can expect all of my deployment updated into the last commit.

Like I said , I can't find any other providers that can do what leapswitch does at the moment, and it fits my need almost perfectly. If anyone know any provider that can do this , feel free to let me know.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@yokowasis said:
    Can vouch for them. The service works as expected. Expect sending a lot of ticket if you are new, because there will be questions. A lot.

Thank you for your feedback. Let me try to describe further below in case others on LET have similar questions.

Also sometimes the support doesn't really know the service very well. I remember >asking a support if 1 environment can support multiple domain , the answer is no. >However I can make multiple domain works with 1 environment ( still can't make ssl >to work tough, using flexible cloudflare at the moment to circumvent it )

1 Environment can support multiple domains as we give you full access to Apache configuration. However, this will disable any automated services such as SSL , Git/SVN deployment, Custom Domain, LetsEncrypt installer, FTP on per site basis etc. Or you can use the above cloudflare workaround (excellent tip :) )

Also unlike most normal vps provider , it doesn't come with free ipv4. You need to pay for ip.

Correct. As this is a micro-services architecture, each container doesn't need an IPv4. We do offer a free subdomain that you can point your CNAME to , or use directly for access.

as of right now leapswitch is the best option for my needs ( load balancing + auto scaling horizontal and vertical ). I literally can't find any other providers that can do this.

Thank you.

Also you don't get root access if you use their micro service (?) / Template.

Root access is not enabled, but you get SSH access to all required services / files as well as configuration access to the installed services.

On the other hand they have a lot of template , which is neat.

We also connect to Docker Hub and have the possibility to add Custom Docker repositories. So you can deploy anything which is available in a Dockerized form.

In case our templates and Docker Hub does not contain what you need, you can use the plain CentOS 7 / Ubuntu 16 / Windows 2012 VPS and install whatever you need.

Also notable feature is git deployment with auto update with pre / post deployment custom script. All I need is commit, and tomorrow I can expect all of my deployment updated into the last commit.

Auto Git/SVN deployment can be scheduled at a frequency as low as every minute.

Thank you again for the detailed feedback and do reach out to me in case you have any questions.

@hiphiphip0 said:

@leapswitch said:

If user want to connect nodes though internal network, public IPv4 is not required for elastic VPS node, now it's required.

We can disable Public IPv4 now for your Elastic VPSes on a per-customer basis. You can open a ticket for the same and we will disable it for your account. In this case, Elastic VPS will only be setup with a Private IPv4.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Great that you got both Tata and NIXI networks, seems reliable for me ;)

Thanked by 1leapswitch