Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

letbox.com - how is the support/uptime/performance?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

letbox.com - how is the support/uptime/performance?

Hi friends,

Have boxes with many providers including ramnode, dediserve, gbserve, vmbox etc.

But, Never tried letbox.com earlier. Saw their bf/cm offers and wanted to jump in. But, again a bit hesitant and let it go.

If you have a service with them, could you please tell me how they score on support/uptime/performance?

Planning to get there Pack4 if the offer repeats this christmas/new year.

Note : I did try contacting them. But, there whmcs contact page asks to login to create a sales ticket!

thanks.

Comments

• I've been pleased with the service. I had a bit of a rough start, but since then my storage VPS has been working perfectly, no problems.

Thanked by 2niceboy letbox
  • niceboy said: But, Never tried letbox.com earlier. Saw their bf/cm offers and wanted to jump in. But, again a bit hesitant and let it go.

If you have a service with them, could you please tell me how they score on support/uptime/performance?

I also got a BF letbox.com, 2GB RAM with 250GB attached storage. Using it to store web backups maintained with rsync. About 52GB at present.

So far, uptime 100%, performance excellent. Very happy with it :)

I haven't had a reason to contact support so I can't comment on that.

• Only 2 letbox customers here? or every one is already enjoying there weekend? :smiley:

@key900 could you please shed some light on your support/uptime/performance?

Thanked by 1letbox
  • For my experience they are a good provider. I bought their BF 2GB ram for 3.50 and no downtime since November 24. Support replies less than an hour sometimes more than and even may take several hours, probably because of our different time zones. Performance is pretty solid even it's cheap, maybe other can show you benchmark.

• i have also recommend them. only active users can confirm quality and support.

• I got my first box at BF promo, so far so good.

• Their network is not good, especially ipv6 packetloss.

sudo ping -6 -c 1000 -i 0.1 letbox-vm
    1000 packets transmitted, 819 received, 18% packet loss, time 100908ms

Thanked by 3niceboy eol sin
  • their network packet loss cause tcp session disconnect

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@cause said:
    Their network is not good, especially ipv6 packetloss.

@kerus1024 said:
    their network packet loss cause tcp session disconnect

From where to where? Please keep in mind we have firewall on all time.

@MTUser2012 said:
    I've been pleased with the service. I had a bit of a rough start, but since then my storage VPS has been working perfectly, no problems.

@sleddog said:

niceboy said: But, Never tried letbox.com earlier. Saw their bf/cm offers and wanted to jump in. But, again a bit hesitant and let it go.

I also got a BF letbox.com, 2GB RAM with 250GB attached storage. Using it to store web backups maintained with rsync. About 52GB at present.

So far, uptime 100%, performance excellent. Very happy with it :)

I haven't had a reason to contact support so I can't comment on that.

@andrew1995 said:
    For my experience they are a good provider. I bought their BF 2GB ram for 3.50 and no downtime since November 24. Support replies less than an hour sometimes more than and even may take several hours, probably because of our different time zones. Performance is pretty solid even it's cheap, maybe other can show you benchmark.

@ehab said:
    i have also recommend them. only active users can confirm quality and support.

@sonic said:
    I got my first box at BF promo, so far so good.

Thanks to everyone!

• @key900 said:

@cause said:
    Their network is not good, especially ipv6 packetloss.

@kerus1024 said:
    their network packet loss cause tcp session disconnect

I can confirm this issue has been around for at least a week (probably longer). Essentially from the VPS to anywhere. For example, a nice and slow ping to the Hurricane Electric, tested just now.

ping -6 www.he.net -c 100 -q
    PING www.he.net(he.net (2001:470:0:76::2)) 56 data bytes

--- www.he.net ping statistics ---
    100 packets transmitted, 85 received, 15% packet loss, time 923ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 8.762/9.084/10.725/0.250 ms

I can confirm this issue has been around for at least a week (probably longer). Essentially from the VPS to anywhere. For example, a nice and slow ping to the Hurricane Electric, tested just now.

So this about ipv6? I feel like that firewall. We will double check today if possible pm me if there is more information so we can investigate.

• niceboy said: If you have a service with them, could you please tell me how they score on support/uptime/performance?

I have a storage VPS with them since 5 months ago, but I have just requested cancellation despite its low price. The performance was OK except that the disk speed (of the block storage) has recently dropped to somewhere between 30 MB/s to 80 MB/s sometimes. And there is this IPv6 packet loss but to be fair I haven't opened any tickets regarding these issues. Maybe they could have been solved promptly but I don't know, and I can't comment on their support.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • @key900
    As psb777 said, anywhere to/from letbox vm. I could not see such high packetloss between my boxes from other providers.

And I dougbt you have firewall on. Please let me know why you are announceing /30 IPv6 block to vm if there is appropriate isolation between vm and upstream.

• @key900 said:

So this about ipv6? I feel like that firewall. We will double check today if possible pm me if there is more information so we can investigate.

Yes, it is IPv6 only. Sorry but I don't have more information that may help you.

@psb777 said:

@key900 said:

Yes, it is IPv6 only. Sorry but I don't have more information that may help you.

@cause said:
    @key900
    As psb777 said, anywhere to/from letbox vm. I could not see such high packetloss between my boxes from other providers.

And I dougbt you have firewall on. Please let me know why you are announceing /30 IPv6 block to vm if there is appropriate isolation between vm and upstream.

We will take this our high priority before our schedule maintenance for cluster c16.

edited December 2018

@psb777 said:

niceboy said: If you have a service with them, could you please tell me how they score on support/uptime/performance?

I have a storage VPS with them since 5 months ago, but I have just requested cancellation despite its low price. The performance was OK except that the disk speed (of the block storage) has recently dropped to somewhere between 30 MB/s to 80 MB/s sometimes. And there is this IPv6 packet loss but to be fair I haven't opened any tickets regarding these issues. Maybe they could have been solved promptly but I don't know, and I can't comment on their support.

Block sotrage are limited to 100MB/s no less it cached by NVMe our clouster reqlly Have amazing disk speed! so if you really have 30 MB/s you would be have issue with your Vm that we need to take into it.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2018

I've been using them for years. Although not a big customer of theirs I have used them in both Los Angeles or Dallas, for dedicated servers, openVZ, and KVM, I've tried most of their products over time. I like their Dallas location best. They have good customer service and have gotten better over time at everything. I currently run a mail server (inbound only) on one of their RAID10 storage servers in Dallas and you can try and pry it from my cold dead fingers, as I am not going to give it up. 789MB/s write and 897MB/s read & 199 iops (200 iops limit) consistent, and plenty of cpu. Are they perfect, no, but they resolve issues reasonably and promptly. That's my opinion.

EDIT: Regarding up time for the last year, 2 minute monitoring: UP 312 days, DOWN: 1hr 10 min, UP:58 days

• Nice. Will standby for offers on NVMe LA.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • Good experience here as well

Thanked by 2letbox niceboy
  • @key900 please allow us to create a sales ticket without logging in to the client area

@niceboy said:
    @key900 please allow us to create a sales ticket without logging in to the client area

Alot of spamming around please sent me for your question [email protected]

• kerus1024kerus1024 Member
    edited December 2018

key900 said: From where to where? Please keep in mind we have firewall on all time.

It happens LA to cloudflare website (discordapp). No happens different provider.

edited December 2018

@kerus1024 said:

key900 said: From where to where? Please keep in mind we have firewall on all time.

It happens LA to cloudflare website (discordapp). No happens different provider.

Hello,

Please open ticket to whitelist your VPs IPs for cloudflare. Our DDos mitigation are Blocking the connection.

• While we're at it, the node that my VPS is on has been offline for an hour or two at the time of writing. While I don't really care because it will be cancelled within days, I can't say the uptime has been superb.

edited December 2018

@psb777 said:
    While we're at it, the node that my VPS is on has been offline for an hour or two at the time of writing. While I don't really care because it will be cancelled within days, I can't say the uptime has been superb.

C18 were taken down for Memory replacement there is a dead one stuck the server and it got replaced and all up. we were 100% uptime before bad RAM which can happen to any provider.

Thanked by 2sleddog niceboy