Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webtropia as of now review needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webtropia as of now review needed

Hi, any Webtropia users? How they now, all I could find is year+ old reviews.

Im thinking trying RYZEN PRO SERVER

What I need is good uptime.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mean while you can enjoy

Thanked by 1eol
  • @ehab said:
    mean while you can enjoy

yawn

• @xaos said:
    yawn

k, show us what you got?

• @ehab said:

@xaos said:
    yawn

k, show us what you got?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • I used them, their network is okay but support is horrible but their sales department is very kind with verification refunds etc If you don't care about support their hardware is great and you can get even better hardware price ratio deals from their servdiscount brand , their ddos protection is horrible and you will get nullrouted very easy.
    If you care about support use another of their brands myloc.de but is pricier.

Thanked by 1xaos
  • Hi

You can check them at hostadvice. They have some reviews there.

Thanked by 1xaos
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

ServDiscunt, its brand of MyLoc and Webtropia is the same.
    The people there, give a shit, about you.

It took them 1 fucking week, to deliver my server, they ONLY reacted, because I left a bad rating on hostadvice, afterwards, it took them 2 hours, to resolve it.

Thanked by 2xaos fLoo
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited December 2018

I've been using this exact server. To make it short - dont go for production with them.

• Server is fine, hardware is fine, network is not
    • I was throttled to 300 mbit constantly, with some peaks higher
    • Monitored to my own speedtest server i'm running at my DC (speedtest.wtnet.de - 10G)
    • Had a 4 weeks support ticket history, technicians tried to "fix" it but situation continued
    • Ultimately they switched their description to "300 Mbit" afterwards for the product in question

• Go with Hetzner instead, if you want consistency, reliability and professionlism.

Thanked by 4xaos ehab eol bjo
  • @fLoo said:
    I've been using this exact server. To make it short - dont go for production with them.

• Monitored to my own speedtest server i'm running at my DC (speedtest.wtnet.de - 10G)
    • Had a 4 weeks support ticket history, technicians tried to "fix" it but situation continued
    • Ultimately they switched their description to "300 Mbit" afterwards for the product in question

• Go with Hetzner instead, if you want consistency, reliability and professionlism.

How much traffic have you been using?

• @fLoo said:

cheers

• @fLoo said:

they says if u over 100TB they will throtle it to 300Mbit

before throttle how fast was it ?

I dont think masternode uses that much, i might be orite then

• user54321user54321 Member
    edited December 2018

@fLoo said:

You go on the 300 mbit/s profile after using a lot of bandwith, i had also a lot of back and forth with them because i had tor nodes running there which pushed a lot of bandwith. They don't disclose how they decide when they will put you in it but from my experience their logic is implemented on the switches and has some flaws. They measure the bandwith over days and even if they switch you manually back on the gigabit profile, the logic will put you back on the penalty profile short after they "fixed" it, only some know there how this works actually, they have to reset the counter to prevent that you will be switched back which they don't do because most support stuff doesn't know how to do it. I realy dislike how the throttleling is implemented too but i know now what thresholds i shouldn't cross to prevent this crap, it is a little bit sad that they don't make this transparent for customers but beside that they are awesome for the price.

• @user54321 said:

@fLoo said:

You go on the 300 mbit/s profile after using a lot of bandwith, i had also a lot of back and forth with them because i had tor nodes running there which pushed a lot of bandwith. They don't disclose how they decide when they will put you in it but from my experience their logic is implemented on the switches and has some flaws. They measure the bandwith over days and even if they switch you manually back on the gigabit profile, the logic will put you back on the penalty profile short after they "fixed" it, only some know there how this works actually, they have to reset the counter to prevent that you will be switched back which they don't do because most support stuff doesn't know how to do it. I realy dislike how the throttleling is implemented too but i know now what thresholds i shouldn't cross to prevent this crap, it is a little bit sad that they don't make this transparent for customers but beside that they are awesome for the price.

in other thread someone said over 100TB

masternode generates around 180-200GB max thats far less, so might give a try

• @xaos said:
    masternode generates around 180-200GB max thats far less, so might give a try

So i looked up what a masternode needs connection wise and it would be fine on a 10 MBit/s satellite connection, so actually everything is fine as long as the connection works sometimes

• @Daverno said:
    How much traffic have you been using?

Not that much. ~ 1TB

@xaos said:
    they says if u over 100TB they will throtle it to 300Mbit

before throttle how fast was it ?

I dont think masternode uses that much, i might be orite then

It was always having 300 Mbit with up to 500-600 Mbit Mbit peak. The problem was they were unable to deliver solid performance of 1000 Mbit as described. That was when they've reduced the description for this Server to 300 Mbit, because they were unable to fix the problem at all.

Thanked by 1Prime404
  • wa44io4wa44io4 Member
    edited December 2018

@xaos awesome deals for the price ... You'll have very good experience with them comparing to their whatever reputation in the past, I can tell you this because I am a super satisfied reseller with them for last 7 months.