Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMAXHOSTING - MORE CHEATS. AVOID! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UMAXHOSTING - MORE CHEATS. AVOID!

Comments

• @uxtvdl said:
    If you go for https://colohost.lgbt and later complain that a guy suxxed ya dxk then it's your fault

If you're expecting a blowjob from your hosting provider, you've got unreal expectations. At least for LET. Then it's a $2 Tijuana crack whore.

• I also have a site on UmaxHosting on one of their 2GB VPS OVZ servers acquired during Holiday Flash Sale but the server is coming out almost every day. I do not know why. A suggestion ?

• Wow,

I almost bought a service with them a few weeks ago too. Luckily I decided to go with n3servers and kudohosting instead.

Dodged a bullet there!

• @hostnoob said:
    Wow,

I almost bought a service with them a few weeks ago too. Luckily I decided to go with n3servers and kudohosting instead.

Dodged a bullet there!

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

@AlwaysSkint said:
    I think @AndrewSSD skylakehost looks like a candidate for that list, along with bigpowerhosting, of course.

What ? Why you are mentioning us here ? We are not even involved with any member or have client's from LET, I think you need to be added to the ban list to stop mentioning other members that doesn't start anyway here.

• What ? Why you are mentioning us here ? We are not even involved with any member or have client's from LET, ..

You're mistaken. Your signature is almost self explanatory..

50% OFF when you use: LET50 (Recurring)

You don't answer emails or Tickets.
    Your PayPal 'bookservices' email is very close to Hosticated and the defunct highlandweb.net - a coincidence?

• So it seems my $7 deal vps just caved in for good, it was crappy ofcourse, but i didnt expect much of it either.
    One funny thing tho, i ordered an extra core to it, and when i used htop to check indeed there was two cores, but at half the speed (from one 3.4 to two 1700) :smile:

Thanked by 3eol uptime Daniel15
  • cheap price + unknown brand = recipe for sad ending
    cheap price + known brand = recipe for profit
    fair price + unknown brand = recipe for uncertainty
    fair price + known brand = recipe for happy ending and everlasting love
    expensive price + unknown brand = recipe for tragic ending
    expensive price + known brand = potassium intensifies, recipe for rip off

Pick one.

Thanked by 1eol
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited February 2019

@tjabo said:
    So it seems my $7 deal vps just caved in for good, it was crappy ofcourse, but i didnt expect much of it either.
    One funny thing tho, i ordered an extra core to it, and when i used htop to check indeed

It's almost like they're related to HVH.

• @Janevski said:
    cheap price + unknown brand = recipe for sad ending
    cheap price + known brand = recipe for profit
    fair price + unknown brand = recipe for uncertainty
    fair price + known brand = recipe for happy ending and everlasting love
    expensive price + unknown brand = recipe for tragic ending
    expensive price + known brand = potassium intensifies, recipe for rip off

Pick one.

I pick fair price + known brand = recipe for happy ending and everlasting love drain of wallet.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Why CC drama keep continuing, with never found a solution.

Doesn't it LEB same wit LET? and then why did not one moderator or someone who do take responsibilty (some one here) gave notice ("what's email registration when they ask advertising in LEB.")

• No they're completely separate. Colocrossing gets paid to promote clients (which use their services)nand that's what goes on lowendbox.

This forums is an anomaly: Everyone ends up here after buying some real shity CC host, coming here to bitch about it and we actually find viable, trustworthy hosts here (as well as a few scammers)

• Can confirm that UMaxHosting is pretty much a scam. Bought an 8GB VPS from their New Years sale and it's so slow that I get locked out of it for doing basic tasks on it. They do not honor their refund policy, as I requested a refund well within their 24 hour time frame for a "24 hour no questions asked money back guarantee." It's been 3 months. I haven't had any actual response to my request yet. I tried charging back through Paypal but was denied.

• Never LEB

Thanked by 2dahartigan eol
  • @corbpie said:
    Never LEB

^^ This.

Consider LEB as an almost comprehensive list of providers that are scammers. (with the exception of a few like HostUS and Virmach)

Thanked by 2eol msallak1
  • Nigh End Box.

As an aside, I can't help but think that UMax is basically a front by a Chinese dude to scam other Chinese. They actually have a properly translated Chinese version of their page and accept the usual Chinese online payment methods.

Maybe I should just get a reseller node just before Black Friday and pull a similarly fast one too.

Thanked by 1willK
  • LeviLevi Member

I have one of their ultra cheap yearly vps. Performance is nonexistant. Avoid, they are far worse, even hostsolutions.ro looks like ultra premium in compare to umax.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Lets all take a minute and act surprised that something called UMAXHOSTING is basically an oversold scam.

Thanked by 2eol TimboJones
  • eoleol Member

@t0ny0 said:
    Lets all take a minute microsecond and act surprised that something called UMAXHOSTING is basically an oversold scam.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @t0ny0 said:
    Lets all take a minute and act surprised that something called UMAXHOSTING is basically an oversold scam.

Imma rebrand as UMADHOSTING.

Any support ticket gets closed with he mad.

• Same here. Outages and non-resolving servers since black Friday 2018! Happens every 2 weeks or so. Do not understand how the tech works there - suppose to be easy!

• Thanked by 1imok
  • This one is specifically set up to scam Chinese customers. They have a properly translated Chinese page and accept common Chinese digital payment methods.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

deathshadow said: I mean, I know Afterburst, who I've used for six years and am now back on are just a front for Choopa.

Huh? There's a difference between resellers/fronts, and providers that don't operate their own physical datacenter. Afterburst certainly isn't a 'front' for Choopa to my knowledge, that's just where their US servers are hosted; if I'm not mistaken, they didn't even initially have a US location. Their German location is not Choopa.

• Didn't I get an email from lowendtalk advertising a special from these people? Why is lowendbox actively promoting scam hosts?

• @sidewinder said:
    Didn't I get an email from lowendtalk advertising a special from these people? Why is lowendbox actively promoting scam hosts?

Are you new to these parts?

• My VPS still up but speed is super holy slow. Raspberry PI is faster 10x.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited May 2019

@tackleza said:
    My VPS still up but speed is super holy slow. Raspberry PI is faster 10x.

Maybe you should upgrade your server?

https://lowendbox.com/blog/memorial-day-umaxhosting-12gb-ram-vps-flash-sale-69-year-located-in-los-angeles/#more-19652

12GB RAM
    12GB vSwap
    150GB RAID Protected Storage
    5TB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Uplink

Thanked by 1poisson
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@Chuck said:

@tackleza said:
    My VPS still up but speed is super holy slow. Raspberry PI is faster 10x.

Maybe you should upgrade your server?

https://lowendbox.com/blog/memorial-day-umaxhosting-12gb-ram-vps-flash-sale-69-year-located-in-los-angeles/#more-19652

12GB RAM
    12GB vSwap
    150GB RAID Protected Storage
    5TB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Uplink

Lol.

If you do the math and calculate overselling by disk space, you'll end up with being sold about 1gb of ram instead of the 12 they claim, with cpu being 0.25 of a thread instead of the "4 cores".

The rest of the ram is probably swap, on slow spinning rust.

• teamacc said: Lol.

If you do the math and calculate overselling by disk space, you'll end up with being sold about 1gb of ram instead of the 12 they claim, with cpu being 0.25 of a thread instead of the "4 cores".

The rest of the ram is probably swap, on slow spinning rust.

Why do you think they don't oversold disk space ?