Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ vps is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ vps is down

Hello.
Is anybody has issues with iniz vps? Mine is down for 4 hours. I asked support what is the issue and I got response "We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing - I'm afraid I have no additional news as of yet. As soon as this has been resolved I will update this ticket". I can't even access vos management in client's area. Is just my box down or does anybody else have issues?

Comments

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited October 2013

Mine's fine, uptime is 100% on pingdom and uptime in days: 87 and counting.

I'm sure Patrick will resolve this asap, But I believe he's asleep as its 3:27 AM for him.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

Only 1 of my 9 VPS's is having problems. The VPS (Amsterdam) is up but the file system is giving read-only errors. SolusVM is also unreachable.

I'm sure Patrick will resolve this asap, But I believe he's asleep

They have another support person. Ticket was answered 1 minute after opening. They're working on it.

87 and counting.

99 1/2 days uptime on 3 of my Iniz VPS's and counting. :)

• I can't access my VPS in Amsterdam either. I've been getting CloudFlare timeout messages when I trying to access the control panel

• well, my NL KVM is still up...

• I do not see any down time in my VPS in LA.

• @Cory Yes, I am also in NL nodes. Can you access your client manager or Solus?

• @jvnadr Can't seem to access my.iniz.com or cp.iniz.com at the moment.
    @Jack Cool, I didn't know that

• no problem for los angles node

• not down to me but some connectivity issues in NL

• I have 3 vps on 2 different nodes in NL, all down :( Hope we will have news soon

• Could be a specific node only, my Amsterdam KVM has no issues with uptime / connectivity / disk IO.

However cp.iniz.com has a nice time out error :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2013

Now my vps is down for more than 10 hours. It's getting ugly! And no update yet to my ticket or any news at all!

• The cp.iniz.com is offline, together with my vps. I can not even log in via ssh putty

• @wampamba said:
    The cp.iniz.com is offline, together with my vps. I can not even log in via ssh putty.

I have submitted a ticket but didn't get any response. Besides that does anyone know how to do timely increment backups on cpanel

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2013

We are aware of this and are working on a possible multiple HDD failure causing server to FSCK.

This is affecting NL4 only.

• INIZ said: We are aware of this and are working on a possible multiple HDD failure causing server to FSCK.

Is there an estimate time you will fix that?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2013

@jvnadr said:
    Is there an estimate time you will fix that?

FSCK is running and it could take a few hours.

Email is already on the way to clients and will keep them updated through there.

• Completed.

VMs are booting up, RFO and credit details will arrive shortly.

Thanks

• Would that make it a OUTZ or DOWNZ VPS?

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited October 2013

@INIZ

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the outage was 13 hours (from 10pm GMT to 11am GMT). May I ask why so long?

• @neroux said:
    INIZ

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the outage was 13 hours (from 10pm GMT to 11am GMT). May I ask why so long?

If you read up, maybe 4-6 post, there is your answer.

• @belinik said:
    If you read up, maybe 4-6 post, there is your answer.

Disk failures, I read this.

But this doesnt answer my question as to why it took 13 hours, respectively why it happened in the first place (but the time point is admittedly my main concern). I hope INIZ could shed some light here

• @neroux said:
    But this doesnt answer my question as to why it took 13 hours, respectively why it happened in the first place (but the time point is admittedly my main concern). I hope INIZ could shed some light here

Patrick already stated that an RFO is incoming above.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2013

@neroux said:

If your a client a RFO will be sent, thats the whole point of it.

A FSCK on a node with 20TB RAID10 (40TB Raw capacity) using 1/2 is bound to take several hours

• Now they are up, but I need to run timely backups to another server. Just thinking

• @INIZ said:
    A FSCK on a node with 20TB RAID10 (40TB RAW) capacity using 2/4 is bound to take several hours

Not a client yet, considering INIZ though. Hence my particular interest in this case.

I do understand a fsck takes time but nonetheless 13 hours is long, especially when the idea of redundant disks is to prevent such failures, respectively the subsequent outage

• @neroux said:
    I do understand a fsck takes time but nonetheless 13 hours is long, especially when the idea of redundant disks is to prevent such failures, respectively the subsequent outage

As stated clients will be updated via email and tickets as this is our main priority rather than responding to curious members here that are not.

@wampamba said:
    Now they are up, but I need to run timely backups to another server. Just thinking

Highly recommended, you should be doing this already.

We will also be introducing every 12 hour incremental backups to clients in NL this week for free and slowly move to setting up this backup system to US nodes. Clients will be able to restore from client area also. Free of charge however is provided as-is.

• @INIZ said:
    As stated clients will be updated via email and tickets as this is our main priority rather than responding to curious members here that are not.

Only too often providers neglect their existing customers and only focus on new ones. So I fully agree with the customer priority!

That said, potential customers should nonetheless not be entirely dismissed either :)

As I said I am considering INIZ now already for a while and while I am aware that you generally have a good reputation, I am sure you will understand a downtime of 13 hours is not too convincing I am afraid.

• why it happened in the first place

the tl;dr reason is "shit happens" :)

the idea of redundant disks is to prevent such failures

RAID,with the exception of RAID 0, decreases the risk of data loss (but doesn't eliminate the risk of data loss) if a drive in the array fails. If a disk in an array fails or a partition becomes corrupted you still need to replace the failed disk and/or run an FSCK.

• ztecztec Member
    edited October 2013

@INIZ said:
    We will also be introducing every 12 hour incremental backups to clients in NL this week for free and slowly move to setting up this backup system to US nodes. Clients will be able to restore from client area also. Free of charge however is provided as-is.

Looking forward to this function.
    Will you also offer a paid server like this where you will take responsibility for the backups?
    Or a shorter backup time, like every hour.

I like this type of service since I'm hosting customers with you and currently only backup my stuff with cPanel. Which gives me a restore time of about an hour.