Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode just became Cloudflare Partner with free Railgun, Any other Providers here?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode just became Cloudflare Partner with free Railgun, Any other Providers here?

Sofia_KSofia_K Member
edited December 2018 in General

In my Cloudflare account I started seeing Railgun enabled for my domain hosted on Ramnode shared/reseller plan, and the overall speed of php website also increased at per Gtmetrix. The full load time for my dynamic page is now 430 ms (tested from Atlanta Edge > CF Singapore > Pakistan) which was 1100-1200 ms earlier.

Are there other providers like buyshared, hostmantis, etc. who is offering Railgun as CF optimized partner?

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We have this as well for VPShared.

Thanked by 2Sofia_K feezioxiii
  • Are you running a reseller account?

• Dediserve, but they don't offer shared hosting.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @vovler said:
    Are you running a reseller account?

yes.

• That is another plus for their Shared Hosting.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • We have offered railgun for well over a year on both our resellers and shared hosting servers.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • Does buyshared also offer this ?

• @AmitX said:
    Does buyshared also offer this ?

Afaik, nope.

• Joining the free railgun program and then pushing a press releasing that says "we've partnered with Cloudflare" is so cliche/yesterday. Joining the CloudFlare bandwidth alliance, now that would be interesting...

Thanked by 2eva2000 maverickp
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AmitX said:

No but if there is interest we can arrange it fairly quick :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@AmitX said:

Francisco

do you really need to ask? railgun is available only to cloudflare business/enterprise plan. Can't even get that at $20 a domain as a consumer...

• @Francisco said:

@AmitX said:

Francisco

Make it available for Slices too, like Dediserve.

• @Francisco said:

@AmitX said:

Francisco

Yesss i would be happy to have it on buyshared :)

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • Vultr is in cf bandwidth alliance afaik.

• @Francisco said:

@AmitX said:

Francisco

Yeahhh..do it for shared n slices like dediserve do by default to all vm.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @Sofia_K said:
    In my Cloudflare account I started seeing Railgun enabled for my domain hosted on Ramnode shared/reseller plan, and the overall speed of php website also increased at per Gtmetrix. The full load time for my dynamic page is now 430 ms (tested from Atlanta Edge > CF Singapore > Pakistan) which was 1100-1200 ms earlier.

Are there other providers like buyshared, hostmantis, etc. who is offering Railgun as CF optimized partner?

Lol ok?

I think 99% of the providers already have Railgun, if a provider doesn't then I would consider that to be a problem.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited December 2018

@Francisco said:

@AmitX said:

Francisco

Yes Francisco please! Half of my domains hosted on both of my buyshared resellers (LV and LUX) are using CF so this feature will be awesome.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited December 2018

duplicate

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited December 2018

@Francisco said:

Gr8. my team-mate hosts with buyshared, will let him know if he is interested in CF Railgun. As per my personal experience it helps in reducing origin server requests as only the changed bits on a webpage are requested instead of the entire page. Low load = Happy CPU = Happy clients

• @zafouhar said:

I think 99% of the providers already have Railgun, if a provider doesn't then I would consider that to be a problem.

Till now Ramnode didn't had Railgun but that didn't mean anybody would consider is to be a problem (and applies to rest of the hosts too!) Railgun is simply a plugin to boost the performance of the server by only requesting changed content on a page, and this helps sites load faster and less stress on CPU. Hosts do install it to boost their performance especially on shared hosting platform as they've to share CPU and resources with 1000s of other sites. that's it.