Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach network problem in EU location (DE)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach network problem in EU location (DE)

ofitofit Member

Hi LET. I have network problem with Virmach KVM VPS in EU location (DE), it loses connection. Location FRANKFURT, DE , node GERKVM6

May be someone had the same problem? Can you test your Virmach VPS in EU Location by serverscope.io or transfer one big file to VPS with scp?
I hope LET can help me to fix it. Thanks

My VPS

$21.32 USD /yr
VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
RAM 1880MB RAM
CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
BANDWIDTH 750GB BANDWIDTH
LOCATION FRANKFURT, DE
IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

VPS loses connection with SSH (with different ports), VPN (OpenVPN)(with different ports), ServerStatus (https://github.com/BotoX/ServerStatus) and i think with all others ports except ping.

I can watch monitoring for this server from ServerStatus (Server in netcup DE location). Every hour it go down for sereval minutes one - two times, but may be more times.
I had tried to change port of SSH, change ssh configs, install with Ubuntu/ Debian, install from ISO Debian 9, connect to it from others VPS, change Network card but nothing help.

When disconnected writes

"packet_write_wait: Connection to 50.3.*.* port 22: Broken pipe".

After disconnecting the network, I can’t connect to the VPS server for a few minutes and writes

"ssh: connect to host 50.3.*.* port 22: Connection refused"

Test connection with mtr and it look not have problem. Test it iperf3 and work ok.
But when had tried transfer one big file it disconnected
Terminal output

pavel@pavel-envy6:~/Downloads/iso$ scp tails-amd64-3.10.1.iso [email protected]:/home/wolf
[email protected]'s password:
tails-amd64-3.10.1.iso 82% 960MB 4.4MB/s 00:47 ETApacket_write_wait: Connection to 50.3.*.* port 22: Broken pipe
lost connection

Don't understand why it happening because all other VPS from you (but OVZ and NL location) and other providers(KVM, OVZ and DE, NL, RO location) do not have this problem.

and one more problem

I had tryed to teste it by serverscope.io and had same problem. When i have try to run it in background, system killed proccess in several minutes.

"packet_write_wait: Connection to 50.3.*.* port 22: Broken pipe"

@Virmach Opened the ticket a week ago but still the problem is not solved.
ticket #362538

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What did Virmach say?

• @Clouvider said:
    What did Virmach say?

Ask about mrt, than said that
    "Could you please explain further what's the issue you're seeing? I see close to no packetloss, and seems to be happening in the first carrier. That's not noticeable even."
    They are a bit slow, but i understand that they have many work in this days, but i don't want wait month when they solve it

Perhaps show the MTR then so the community can help in any way. You can’t assist blindfolded.

Thanked by 1ofit

Also, did you take this mtr exactly while you experienced your issue ?

• did you check on the internal uptime of the VPS after you can connect again? maybe it is not just loosing the connection but gets restarted for whatever reason?

other then that could be ddos-protection (null-routing) kicking in - if you use it as vpn and have created a loop for broadcast packages or something comparable that could be an issue etc.

Thanked by 1ofit
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi there @ofit,

I've just responded to your ticket. Indeed, there seems to be an issue, not exactly related to the VPS, we're working on it and running tests right now. We'll keep you posted.

@ofit,

Just following up, this should be fixed. IP conflict, a VM that was still running that should have been terminated but was sort of ghosting.

Ticket has been replied to as well. Still running some tests, but so far so good.

Thanked by 2Yura ofit
  • @MikePT Looks now problem solved. I did not think that the problem would be solved so quickly. Thanks.

@Clouvider and @Falzo Thanks for help too.

Thanked by 2MikePT Clouvider

@ofit said:
    @MikePT Looks now problem solved. I did not think that the problem would be solved so quickly. Thanks.

@Clouvider and @Falzo Thanks for help too.

Very glad to help you, enjoy your VPS!