Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMTP Relay for cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMTP Relay for cPanel

tafa2tafa2 Member
edited December 2018 in Requests

Now that MailChannels resellers are a thing of the past, could anyone recommend an alternative?

Comments

• I am personally using elastic email on the free tier to relay out of my WHM server which is in a DC blocking:25 outbound. Only issue is that it won't do attachments unless you pay.

My license reseller offers the SMX plugin which turns DNSONLY into a secondary MX if my main server goes down. It would be awesome if they would make it relay back out too because my DNSONLY instance can send :25 SMTP traffic no issues.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

You can signup to MailChannels directly. If that's an option.

• @Monsta_AU elastic mail looks more like a transactional e-mail service?

@MikePT I suppose it is - but it's a little more than what I wanted to pay at this stage.

MailChannels doesn't have a lot of competition it would seem...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

tafa2 said: MailChannels doesn't have a lot of competition it would seem...

With the way they treat RBL'd IPs and rejected emails, 0 competition :(

MailCheap works, but OVH is too heavy handed on auto-suspending SMTP on IPs when spam is detected (forwarders gonna forward, can't eliminate 100%, therefore can't use).

@jar said:

tafa2 said: MailChannels doesn't have a lot of competition it would seem...

With the way they treat RBL'd IPs and rejected emails, 0 competition :(

MailCheap works, but OVH is too heavy handed on auto-suspending SMTP on IPs when spam is detected (forwarders gonna forward, can't eliminate 100%, therefore can't use).

I would guess MailCheap would receive special treatment from OVH, since they do their best to sort outbound spam stuff, and run their infrastructure purely backed up by OVH. Mail biz isn't easy for sure.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

@MikePT I wouldn't think so, I've never heard of anyone getting their servers to bypass the anti-hack and anti-spam features of the network. They could automate with the API or just have enough servers to prevent downtime from that.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited December 2018

MikePT said: I would guess MailCheap would receive special treatment from OVH, since they do their best to sort outbound spam stuff, and run their infrastructure purely backed up by OVH. Mail biz isn't easy for sure.

Seems not, it's why I put MailChannels back at the end of my stack for now, to catch what my relays couldn't deliver. Total instant block + ticket, emails stuck in queue.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MikeA said:
    @MikePT I wouldn't think so, I've never heard of anyone getting their servers to bypass the anti-hack and anti-spam features of the network. They could automate with the API or just have enough servers to prevent downtime from that.

Automation using the API would indeed be a good idea.

@jar said:

MikePT said: I would guess MailCheap would receive special treatment from OVH, since they do their best to sort outbound spam stuff, and run their infrastructure purely backed up by OVH. Mail biz isn't easy for sure.

Seems not, it's why I put MailChannels back at the end of my stack for now, to catch what my relays couldn't deliver. Total instant block + ticket, emails stuck in queue.

Yep, that's certainly the most logical way of doing it.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

tafa2 said: Now that MailChannels resellers are a thing of the past, could anyone recommend an alternative?

Who says it's a thing of the past? You can order here!

@gleert said:

tafa2 said: Now that MailChannels resellers are a thing of the past, could anyone recommend an alternative?

It's not possible for resellers to create new subaccounts, can you clarify?

MikePT said: It's not possible for resellers to create new subaccounts, can you clarify?

I already answered you on the Cest Pit.... Can't go into detail

• @MikePT said:

@gleert said:

It's not possible for resellers to create new subaccounts, can you clarify?

gleert most likely created a number of subaccount before the ability was removed and keeping them unused until someone buys a package and then allocating to them.

Razza said: gleert most likely created a number of subaccount before the ability was removed and keeping them unused until someone buys a package and then allocating to them.

It wouldn't be under NDA then... That's certainly possible, but we didn't want to circumvent the system.

• tafa2tafa2 Member
    edited December 2018

-- duplicate by mistake pls delete --

Thanked by 1eol
  • @gleert said:

It says it's out of stock?

@jar are you working on a relay service?

tafa2 said: @jar are you working on a relay service?

Yeah but it's totally on hold until post-Black Friday tickets are taken care of, and then still an unknown amount of time before it'll be done after.

• would be nice to have one open source to use all the servers i have on idle.

@dedicados said:
    would be nice to have one open source to use all the servers i have on idle.

The amount of effort to put on a decent relay infrastructure / system, eg the one @jar is building, it's completely non sense to open source it. Unless you fund its development. It's not easy to build such thing.

edited December 2018

@MikePT said:

@dedicados said:

The amount of effort to put on a decent relay infrastructure / system, eg the one @jar is building, it's completely non sense to open source it. Unless you fund its development. It's not easy to build such thing.

I'll totally open source it:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Search for "fallback_relay" and done, open source lol :)

(IP space and working DNS servers not included)

Thanked by 3MikePT kkrajk vimalware

@jar said:

@MikePT said:

@dedicados said:

I'll totally open source it:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Search for "fallback_relay" and done, open source lol :)

(IP space and working DNS servers not included)

And further tunning etc. I meant, UI end, automatic suspensions, limits, and all that. Per user limits, blablabla, that's the tough part! :-)

Thanked by 1jar

tafa2 said: It says it's out of stock?

My mistake, the 10K plan was out of stock... Have added new stock to it! You should be able to order now.

• The suspense is killing me: how can @gleert resell Mailchannels if @MikePT can't?!

I'm not sure that I'll be able to sleep tonight ...

Thanked by 1Letzien

angstrom said: I'm not sure that I'll be able to sleep tonight ...

Drama is over. MikePT is going to open a bakery.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • yeah i know

• @MikePT said:

Make sense, with the yeasty vagina and all.

• @MikePT said:

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try Amazon SES as alternative service and majority (99.9%) of SMTP relay will resell them anyway or other big players!

• @WebProject said:
    Try Amazon SES as alternative service and majority (99.9%) of SMTP relay will resell them anyway or other big players!

I've tried SES more than once - it created more problems than it solved.

@gleert thank you!

• @gleert said:

I already answered you on the Cest Pit.... Can't go into detail

If you can't go into detail about a service you provide, then the service is questionable at best.

@tafa2 said:

I've tried SES more than once - it created more problems than it solved.

What problems have you had with SES?

sleddog said: If you can't go into detail about a service you provide, then the service is questionable at best.

We offer Mailchannels as a reseller, there is nothing more to it...