Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2018 in General

As per the title:

• UK, Clouvider DC.
  • 2 vCPU (FUP Applies)
  • 1 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 10GB NVMe SSD Disk
  • 1TB bandwidth
  • E3-1270v5 or v6 CPU's
  • Automatic daily backups
  • DDOS Protection

Just tell me what you want to do with it.

Terms: You either need to have been a customer of Inception Hosting at some point or on LET for 6 months, you open a ticket once every 90 days (ish) to confirm you are still using it.

Exclusions: China, Brazil.

I will check this thread again tomorrow and pick the wieners.

Would love to see other hosts join in with separate threads.

Comments

• Hi.

Will be using it as MySQL slave plus a reverse web proxy for some of my projects.

• I will be using it to host my PHP + MySQL based websites (using nginx)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Hi, would like to try out both Clouvider and Inception Hosting at once (Never have service on either of them yet).

Will be using it mainly for development purpose (Node.js and MySQL) for personal project. Mail port 23 can be blocked. So far I didn't have personal NVMe VPS except the Beta by ImpactVPS so it would be great to see its database performance too.

Besides that, any test IP or files that I can test on? Thanks

• I like to use it as a nodejs server for IOT test projects.

• Too bad I don't qualify.
    1 Gbit connection speed?

• I will be using it for python development and a static PHP based website.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

eol said: Too bad I don't qualify.

1 Gbit connection speed?

Yep, you qualify simply because "good luck with your budget"

• great, now has chance to upgrade my wp site to vps, also would want to try setting up my own small mail server in that box, if i got one :)

• Cool !

I will be using it as a gateway for my IoT devices, simply to route traffic to other services.

Once setup will permanent .

No abuse at all , as it will have simple snat .

• @AnthonySmith said:

eol said: Too bad I don't qualify.

1 Gbit connection speed?

Yep, you qualify simply because "good luck with your budget"

Thanks.

• If I get chosen, I'll idle it, thus, actually benefitting your paying customers` VPS performance

edited December 2018

Let's make it cooler and put it on every thread that providers are giving away free services!

Edit: If Ant like it can just update on the first post, will do the same for other providers that join this

• Can qualify even when not current Inception customer? Sweet!
    I just need it for a web based self hosted chat, specifically Rocket Chat.

• I will be running a solar plant simulation (through Akka remote actors, Java app), building a early stage IIOT platform for connecting devices. The plants size vary from sizes, but a small foot VPS good enough to simulate data about 50 MW plant size (inverters, combiner, transformer etc are simulated over virtual serial port) then the data is send to remote clusters for data processing (using netcup dedicated root server 24 GB RAM and one 48 GB RAM, that runs Spark, Kafka Brokers, Akka actors and few micro services, heavy computation tasks) using Kafka, Akka and MQTT protocols, now using 2 Virmach Windows KVMs to visualize the data using Power BI.

I have taken small foot VPS (ranging from 1 GB RAM to 2 GB RAM, 1 core to 2 cores, 10 GB to 30 GB SDD/HDD) from providers around the world (10+ providers, found in LEB, LET), so that I will be knowing the failures, recoveries, latency, running them in cheaper cost. The small foot VPS, I keep the load less than 50% of given core, but RAM consumption may be around 1 GB, they send about 2 GB data per day to my netcup servers 24/7. Otherwise I need 30+ Raspberry PI devices to simulate, but I can't co-locate to other regions simply.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

Nice one @FAT32 , although you have the credits backwards, I was inspired, it was not my idea :)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Nice one, although you have the credits backwards, I was inspired, it was not my idea :)

It's awesome that you made this thread, you definitely deserve the credit :)

@dahartigan said:

Exactly what I thought, and you come up with this hashtag which is currently ranked top on Google Search (Google robot is crawling it super fast)

• @FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:

Exactly what I thought, and you come up with this hashtag which is currently ranked top on Google Search (Google robot is crawling it super fast)

Holy shit you're right! :O Nice work Ant :)

• Since my internet usage gets tracked here (shared connection) I would use it as a remote desktop and mail server. That should be not too resource intensive. Maybe further additional tasks but not sure yet.

• Good luck with those wieners.

Thanked by 2eol mrTom
  • I would use it for a redis cache in the UK.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Nice idea! Well done Ant!

• reverse proxy IPv4 to IPv6 or vice versa.

• Mirror one of my sites, static PHP, HTML and TXT based website, just need a site that can handel 1,000's of request for text files, No Mail or Database needed.

• monitoring node from UK, personal vpn and Python development lab

• I would use it for hosting cyberpanel and give away free 1 GB accounts to deserving / open-source projects.

• i would use it to host my mail server (for my personal email account) , and an XMPP server to chat with my friend. So in fact, only for personal usage .But unfortunatly, I do not qualify for the offer.

• I will be happy and smile. Thanks.

• If chosen, I would try my hardest to let the VPS idle.

• if not too late, i'll use it to host my (hopefully can be community based) project called capc.us ... an url shortener project.

site = https://capc.us
    source = https://github.com/kassle/capcus

will report the project progress and share idea via topic every month.