Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outsourced support - how much?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Outsourced support - how much?

How much do you pay for outsourced entry-level techs? How about top tier? Any need for GMT-10 (up 2-3 hours later than California)?

Wondering if it'd be feasible to start a support operation here in Hawaii...

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

About 30 dollars a month.

Outsourced to India. 24/7 and 30 minute response guaranteed.

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • @deank said:
    About 30 dollars a month.

Outsourced to India. 24/7 and 30 minute response guaranteed.

I'm gonna cry now.

• Cry, cry a lot.

• Support from india ~5usd per day for entry level robot to say 'hello sir'. ~10usd per day for technician who actually can reasonably help with pre-sales. ~50usd per day - high level system admin from india for advanced tasks and high caliber customer support.

• jhjh Member

I can tell your customers we're looking into it to buy time until you wake up. $1/ticket.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

It really depends on the terms, by that obviously you are not making up their entire salary and its unlikely for such limited hours they can give you dedicated hours so what your going to get is reaction based support only.

If you want first meaningful response within 60 minutes and attempted resolution or escalation within 120 minutes that is going to be much cheaper than first meaningful response within 15 minutes and attempted resolution or escalation within 60.

Think about what you really want, put it out to tender and see what comes back.

• I would worry about the quality of service rather than cost.

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • 3,74$/ticket with minimum 100 tickets per month at bobcares.
    Serversitters is at 5$/mo I guess. There are others ofc as well.

Guys, OP is already dead due to hypernatraemia.

Thanked by 2eol randomq
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

The end is nigh

No, for him, the end has come and it's all over.

Thanked by 1eol
  • The end has ended.

• ask Jeff Bezos, he knows the price.

Thanked by 1eol
    1. So thirsty

2. Buy more VPS, refresh LET threads

3. ???

4. Profit!

• @Ympker said:
    3,74$/ticket with minimum 100 tickets per month at bobcares.

Do you mean 5 usd per ticket?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@randomq said:
    How much do you pay for outsourced entry-level techs? How about top tier? Any need for GMT-10 (up 2-3 hours later than California)?

For my first hosting company which i ran from 2003 till upto 2013 (Sold in 2013), earlier i had in-house support but was not able to get good quality techs locally so later on I outsourced to a company in India. It was good quality support no complains from customer about bad or slow support and i personally visited that company and trained the whole team as per my business model

It included 24 x 7 support tickets as well as chat and i was paying about $1800 per month

• @HostEONS said:

@randomq said:

It included 24 x 7 support tickets as well as chat and i was paying about $1800 per month

For the whole team?? O_O

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@xaoc said:

@HostEONS said:

@randomq said:

For the whole team?? O_O

Yeah it was a shared support team they were working for two companies at the same time but never had issues with delayed support.

Why do you think so many companies are outsourcing in India ?

• @HostEONS said:

@xaoc said:

@HostEONS said:

@randomq said:

For the whole team?? O_O

Yeah it was a shared support team they were working for two companies at the same time but never had issues with delayed support.

Why do you think so many companies are outsourcing in India ?

This is just wrong -_-

Thanked by 1eol
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

@jetchirag said:

@Ympker said:
    3,74$/ticket with minimum 100 tickets per month at bobcares.

Do you mean 5 usd per ticket?

Yes, my bad. Should've said so :)