Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

host4fun.com terminated my account on fifth day after invoice overdue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

host4fun.com terminated my account on fifth day after invoice overdue

gramsaxgramsax Member
edited November 2018 in Providers

Hi, folks,

What is a common practice for account termination after payment overdue for hosting services? These guys - host4fun.com - terminated my account with all my websites on fifth day I should pay their invoice. Didn't find on their website any information about terms of termination. In my experience, other hosting providers give me more time to pay the invoice.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

what is fair then, 10 days, 200 days, 6 days and why?

You did not pay for it, they don't have a crystal ball.

I fear for the future, some peoples sense of entitlement is beyond a joke.

I dont see you mentioning how many email reminders you got or mentioning that you opened a ticket asking for more time....

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, ultimately whose fault was it?

You didn't pay (5 days) past deadline and got terminated. Are you complaining about it?

• 1 maybe 2 days after is acceptable to me, I get notice well in advance when to pay and what to pay.

• I were with them during 2+ years without any questions, paid all their invoices.

• The question is, why didn't you pay the invoice if the websites were so important?

edited November 2018

• It's your fault. Pay for the service if you want to rrceive it, and always do daily backups of your million dollar websites

• Did you send a note that you couldn't pay your invoice on time and negotiate other agreements? If not, they gave you 5 days for free without asking! Can't complain about that!

The end is nigh.

Unreasonable entitlement is strong with this one.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I think you were just hosting for fun and didn't take their invoice seriously.

what is that image supposed to prove? that you had plenty of fair warning?

Not sure what OP is trying to prove with his screenshot.

All it shows is that OP is at fault.

• 5 days past the due date is totally acceptable to terminate imo.

Invoices are usually generated up to 2 weeks before the due date, there are also several emails you will receive around the due date and when it becomes overdue. Did you contact them to ask for an extension? If a client submits a ticket and explains they need a few extra days I'm sure most hosts would have no problem extending it for you.

• Next time hide your name if it is your real name.

• In my experience, people pay their invoices for the services they use.

Thanked by 2eol MasonR
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Lets hope this doesnt go down the drain

It will go down the drain. OP came here for moral support. He ain't getting any.

PieNotEvenEaten said: Lets hope this doesnt go down the drain

hmm how can it do that when it started there?

• FFS, it wasn't even terminated. It was just suspended. Pay your invoice and move on.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

For a PMSing person, terminated and suspended are the same thing because whatever his website was doing stopped.

I bet he wanted more free time, like 2 weeks and then move on. I know there are people like that.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith You are right about that. So I just go ahead and close this. General consensus is pay the bill and this won' happen.

This discussion has been closed.