Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu 16.04
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu 16.04

Hi,

In ubuntu 16.04 OpenVz os. When i put "apt-get update/upgrade" and reboot the server after booted it. I can't access via ssh using port "22". I'm getting the error like connection refused. May i have some solution for this problem. I found a command like
"/usr/sbin/sshd -ddd
mkdir -p /var/run/sshd". After put this commend in our server using vnc. It will be fine. But again it occurs the same problem when i run "apt-get update". Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

When all else fails, crontab @reboot!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Pretty sad that a supposedly support company asks for support on LET.

True lowend support.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @ping4support said:
    Hi,

In ubuntu 16.04 OpenVz os. When i put "apt-get update/upgrade" and reboot the server after booted it. I can't access via ssh using port "22". I'm getting the error like connection refused. May i have some solution for this problem. I found a command like
    "/usr/sbin/sshd -ddd
    mkdir -p /var/run/sshd". After put this commend in our server using vnc. It will be fine. But again it occurs the same problem when i run "apt-get update". Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

See my post in the thread

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153992/psa-ovz-and-ubuntu-16 .

There's a workaround given in the bug report that I link to, or you can wait for the OpenVZ kernel to be updated (soon, I imagine).