Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter

Comments

• It's 2019 almost and they don't offer metered gbit across their product lines...

Thanked by 2eol that_guy
  • Doutei said: I had my SYS server limited to 100 Mbps after switch replaced/upgraded, opened a ticket and they fixed it. But in this case, of course I don't want them to fix it.

That happened to me on a $27 Leaseweb server a year back...got 1Gbps instead of the advertised 100Mbps and it was awesome. I'm still upset at myself for letting that server go.

• @ninzo59, an improvement in connection speed, at least for KS-7 and above, would be very welcome. Can this happen one day? The speed of 100 Mbps is making Kimsufi very outdated, today it is possible to reach the Gbit connection in VPS of 3 euros in other providers.

Thanked by 2Xei that_guy
  • @EHRA said:
    @ninzo59, an improvement in connection speed, at least for KS-7 and above, would be very welcome. Can this happen one day? The speed of 100 Mbps is making Kimsufi very outdated, today it is possible to reach the Gbit connection in VPS of 3 euros in other providers.

Gbit deployment is in progress, according to a tweet from 2014.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • Shot2 said: Gbit deployment is in progress, according to a tweet from 2014.

This information was given in 2014 and we are arriving in 2019. This only reduces my hopes. 5 years is a considerable time of waiting and they have not yet upgraded to 1 Gbit. Interestingly, the default is shifting to 10 Gbit on premium servers and 1 Gbit on standard servers (including VPS). Meanwhile, Kimsufi at 100 Mbps. To keep prices competitive, they could increase the connection by limiting traffic. It is better 15 TB at 1Gbit than 30TB at 100Mbps.

KIMSUFI:

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

EHRA said: they could increase the connection by limiting traffic

Did you ask every customer if they would be OK to have their traffic limited? I would not, even for the Gigabit upgrade.

• rm_ said: Did you ask every customer if they would be OK to have their traffic limited? I would not, even for the Gigabit upgrade.

It was just an example of cost optimization. But rest assured, you will continue with your Kimsufi slow and "unlimited" for many years.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@EHRA said:
    @ninzo59, an improvement in connection speed, at least for KS-7 and above, would be very welcome. Can this happen one day? The speed of 100 Mbps is making Kimsufi very outdated, today it is possible to reach the Gbit connection in VPS of 3 euros in other providers.

We didn't plan to upgrade network speed of Kimsufi for now. Only SYS & OVH are doubling

• Two things about Kimsufi:
    1-They won't upgrade network speed from 100 mbps
    2- They won't remove setup fee

Thanked by 1Xei

EHRA said: rest assured, you will continue with your Kimsufi slow and "unlimited" for many years.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I already got two servers upgraded to Gbit on Kimsufi -- with no traffic limit introduced. You butthurt much?

• EHRAEHRA Member
    edited November 2018

ninzo59 said: We didn't plan to upgrade network speed of Kimsufi for now. Only SYS & OVH are doubling

Thanks for the information, even if it's bad news.

samm said: Two things about Kimsufi:
    1-They won't upgrade network speed from 100 mbps
    2- They won't remove setup fee

The installation fee is only once, that is, bad but bearable. The challenge is the everyday with the connection of 100 Mbps.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • rm_ said: As mentioned earlier in the thread, I already got two servers upgraded to Gbit on Kimsufi -- with no traffic limit introduced. You butthurt much?

This is great for you, just for you.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @Shot2 said:

Yes, but according to this tweet of October 9th 2018, it's "no" :

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2018

@SteveMC said:

@Shot2 said:

Yes, but according to this tweet of October 9th 2018, it's "no" :

rm_ just confirmed that they got two servers upgraded, so all servers are to be upgraded, so oles actually meant "yes". That's why one should really buy some Kimsufis, and wait for them to go gigabit if not already the case.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • You must on RBX1 for gigabit speed

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    You must on RBX1 for gigabit speed

I have servers in RBX1 that have no gigabit speed.

• Anyway even when they unlock gigabit speed it's for download only, not upload (at least that was the case in my experience). If you are looking to host a streaming website or something similar that could use a lot of bandwidth at peak time, this will be of no help...

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@Shot2 said:

@hawkjohn7 said:
    You must on RBX1 for gigabit speed

I have servers in RBX1 that have no gigabit speed.

Me too.

Kimsufi KS-7:

# traceroute -m 1 8.8.8.8
    traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 1 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  rbx1-5a-vr.fr.eu (178.33.99.58)  0.348 ms  0.321 ms  0.272 ms
    # ethtool eno1 | grep Speed
            Speed: 100Mb/s

So the recent 10 EUR deal from Online.net / OneProvider seems more attractive compared to this Kimsufi flash sale, if network bandwidth is more important than 8 instead of 4 GB RAM.

OneProvider i3-530:

# iperf3 -t 10 -i 10 -p $((5200+(RANDOM%10))) -c ping.online.net
    Connecting to host ping.online.net, port 5202
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   938 MBytes   787 Mbits/sec  180   2.13 MBytes
    # iperf3 -t 10 -i 10 -p $((5200+(RANDOM%10))) -c bouygues.iperf.fr
    Connecting to host bouygues.iperf.fr, port 5209
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   911 MBytes   764 Mbits/sec  120   2.68 MBytes

But together these two servers could build a a good active-passive LowEnd HA. :)

Thanked by 1Xei
  • Gigabit on the uplink is unlikely. Downstream maybe.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Does it comes with IPMI? Is it free to use?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2018

dfroe said: So the recent 10 EUR deal from Online.net / OneProvider seems more attractive compared to this Kimsufi flash sale

You have to limit your use of the gigabit port with online though... and OVH network is said to be better than online's in some parts of the world. (And they offer two locations: it seems to me that OVH CA is pretty good for both EU & american traffic)

vimalware said: Gigabit on the uplink is unlikely. Downstream maybe.

Yeah. If you are lucky you might be able to download at Gbit speed, but to my knowledge they never changed the upload speed of KS servers in the past.

greattomeetyou said: Does it comes with IPMI? Is it free to use?

Seems to me that there is no IPMI.

• How long would it take them to increase the monthly price for everyone....

• Around 3 seconds.

Thanked by 2Xei Yura
  • @msg7086 said:
    How long would it take them to increase the monthly price for everyone....

I have a bit different question too:

How long would it take them to finally answer my billing issue question ? @ninzo59

VAT 20% recurring is not yet removed from my Non-EU account.

• @vimalware said:
    Gigabit on the uplink is unlikely. Downstream maybe.

Why so pessimistic mate?

• sammsamm Member
    edited November 2018

nvm

• msg7086 said: How long would it take them to increase the monthly price for everyone....

So far it seems like they didn't choose to follow the "online.net's way".

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@aka455 said:

@msg7086 said:

How long would it take them to finally answer my billing issue question ? @ninzo59

We have had +100 requests like this one. We do our best

• @ninzo59 said:

@aka455 said:

@msg7086 said:

We have had +100 requests like this one. We do our best

Thanks @ninzo59. Waiting to be fixed to pay.

edited November 2018

Shot2 said: so oles actually meant "yes".

These are two separate issues

1) Upgrading SYS from 1000/250 to 1000/500 -- Oles was talking about this. Kimsufi doesn't get such upgrade.

2) Upgrading KS from 100/100 to 1000/100. This is what was posted in 2014 and slowly seems to happen. Oles was not talking about this in the quoted tweet.