Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter

Comments

• @samm said:

ninzo59 said: Sold out in FR datacenter

Please check your PM. Need some help from you please.

+1 order number:98767885. Need 20% VAT recurring waiver for non-EU citizen and paying my invoice for FR location in €.

Other details are sent in PM earlier : ))

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2018

sin said: Ordered 1 in BHS...I have my fingers crossed that I receive one with a normal network speed.

The only time I had a network problem, it was in FR and has been fixed in a matter of days (download went up to 1Gbps).

@ninzo59, regarding the OS provided by OVH, are there any other OVH specifics than the monitoring software & special kernel for Linux?
    In your FreeBSD image, is the only difference with an "untouched" system the addition of the monitoring software?

Thanks!

• Adam1 said: I've been waiting for over 5 hours.

RIP? Did you get a request for ID verification?

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited November 2018

karatekidmonkey said: Did you get a request for ID verification?

no, last email said "We will provide you with the order delivery date and your bill in a future email. The order amount will be taken from the payment method linked to your customer account."

delivery date? :|

uk address and paypal account, .es IP address, maybe it's that, although it's rarely an issue, I have dozens of hosting accounts

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • Adam1 said: no, last email said "We will provide you with the order delivery date and your bill in a future email. The order amount will be taken from the payment method linked to your customer account."

Ok, yeah, the same thing is happening with me..

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Received around 15 PM. Just FYI, I m not from support team. Plus I m not currently working at the moment, can't really help right now. Sorry guys.

I will "up" your request by tomorrow with concerned teams

• ninzo59 said: I will "up" your request by tomorrow with concerned teams

order 98763712 - thanks!

• @Adam1 said:

ninzo59 said: I will "up" your request by tomorrow with concerned teams

order 98763712 - thanks!

Enjoy KS-9 Bro, killer OVH dedi.

• aka455 said: Enjoy KS-9 Bro, killer OVH dedi.

should be good for my needs (db), was hoping for a flash deal but was unlikely i guess!

• @Adam1 said:

aka455 said: Enjoy KS-9 Bro, killer OVH dedi.

should be good for my needs (db), was hoping for a flash deal but was unlikely i guess!

It is already better than any flash deals announced this year, COMBINED :smiley:

Thanked by 2Unixfy yongsiklee
  • Just seeing this, first decent offer from the OVH people. They did a flash on a Tuesday instead of actual Cyber Monday smh.

• @ninzo59 hope you upgrade Gbit soon, after a Gbit server 100Mbit seems too slow, approx. ten times ..

• Got mine delivered in about 5 minutes earlier, only 13000 poweron hours for the drive which is nice.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited November 2018

sin said: Got mine delivered in about 5 minutes earlier, only 13000 poweron hours for the drive which is nice.

How long did you have to wait between placing an order and getting it delivered?

EDIT: Also did / do you have existing services at KS?

• I assume the CPU is too weak...?

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

Any way to upgrade to 1G port?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@yongsiklee said:

not possible at kimsufi, plus the hardware is probably only 100mbit.

• Vova1234 said: You are trying to create an order on the wrong branch where you have created an account.

Thanks for the information. I was able to place the order by changing the location to France. Kimsufi would be perfect if it had a speed of at least 250 Mbps.

Kimsufi - 250 Mbps
    SY - 500 Mbps
    OVH - 1Gbit | 10Gbit

Thanked by 1atomi
  • This time not even slight cpu upgrade happened. Got exactly what advertised.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2018

I thought about this sale but that setup fee though..........

Thanked by 3eol Spotlight Xei
  • ^
    Maybe without the setup fee, and more offerings.

• @greattomeetyou said:

Saragoldfarb said: I used to have a couple on 1Gbit as well.

Both upload and download, or just download?

It was 1000/100 if I recall correctly. Would've ran a speedtest but I don't have servers at KS anymore unfortunately.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @Saragoldfarb said:

@greattomeetyou said:

It was 1000/100 if I recall correctly. Would've ran a speedtest but I don't have servers at KS anymore unfortunately.

Its 100/100, sys is 1000/250 and ovh 1000/500 by default

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Mine is 1000/1000.

root@localhost:~# iperf -c proof.ovh.ca -r
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Server listening on TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
    Client connecting to proof.ovh.ca, TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
    [  5] local xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 59080 connected with 192.99.19.165 port 5001
    [ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  5]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.03 GBytes   881 Mbits/sec
    [  4] local xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 5001 connected with 192.99.19.165 port 43268
    [  4]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.05 GBytes   898 Mbits/sec

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

Idk anything really about iperf, but that isn't actual speed performance but theoretical? What about with a speedtest file using threaded aria? If it is indeed gbit I would have picked it up. But knowing Kimsufi is 100/100 99.99% of the time, and just a few flukes in the past that were faster.

• MikeA said: not possible at kimsufi, plus the hardware is probably only 100mbit.

Those who had problem with download speed have been upgraded to Gbit (download only) in the past. Once this has been done, even if you cancel your service, the next customer will benefit from the 'upgrade'.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @FredQc said:
    Thanks, I almost ordered one in BHS but then I remembered that I already have two KS-3C "specials" that are mostly idling... But then if this had no setup fees... :wink:

whish one is better. KS3c or KS-7 ? this naming confuse me.

• @ninzo59 Will there ever be a sys game server flash sale?

• @MikeA said:

@yongsiklee said:

not possible at kimsufi, plus the hardware is probably only 100mbit.

On KS-7 (at least), this is: "Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection"

whish one is better. KS3c or KS-7 ? this naming confuse me.

What was in the KS3c ?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Xei said:
    Idk anything really about iperf, but that isn't actual speed performance but theoretical? What about with a speedtest file using threaded aria? If it is indeed gbit I would have picked it up. But knowing Kimsufi is 100/100 99.99% of the time, and just a few flukes in the past that were faster.

root@localhost:~# aria2c -x8 http://proof.ovh.ca/files/1Gio.dat

11/28 09:12:55 [NOTICE] Downloading 1 item(s)
    [#68b048 0.9GiB/1.0GiB(90%) CN:5 DL:105MiB]
    11/28 09:13:05 [NOTICE] Download complete: /root/1Gio.dat

Download Results:
    gid   |stat|avg speed  |path/URI
    ======+====+===========+=======================================================
    68b048|OK  |   104MiB/s|/root/1Gio.dat

Status Legend:
    (OK):download completed.

Kimsufi is 100/100 by default, I think someone made a mistake during switch replace or upgrade, left some servers with Gbit.

I had my SYS server limited to 100 Mbps after switch replaced/upgraded, opened a ticket and they fixed it. But in this case, of course I don't want them to fix it. :no_mouth:

Thanked by 1gol3m