Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vpn software to work from Web
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vpn software to work from Web

I need to establish a vpn from Web because my proxy doesn't allow Auth from command line so cntlm is not working and I can't put credentials in other soft because it's not working.

However I have connected to vpns using Web clients without putting any passwords because I'm authorized as I can surf.

How can I do this? Any software that can be installed in Linux?

Comments

• Nobody can help? I think they are called ssl vpn

Thanked by 1omelas
  • Pick one:

• $7
    • End is nigh
    • Good luck with you budget
  • If I read OP twice and still don't understand it, I get distracted by sun bunnies.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Yura said:
    If I read OP twice and still don't understand it, I get distracted by sun bunnies.

It seems like he wants to get VPN running on TCP port 443 so he can get through his corporate proxy.

Thanked by 3Yura Ympker inklight
  • @Osatien Buy VPS, use VNC to get to command line, then use Streisand script from github to use OpenVPN over stunnel on 443.

• @exception0x876 said:

@Yura said:
    If I read OP twice and still don't understand it, I get distracted by sun bunnies.

It seems like he wants to get VPN running on TCP port 443 so he can get through his corporate proxy.

OP if this is what you need, I offer this.

A few free servers in Europe, and paid servers for $2 (get all servers for one time payment)

• I have a server ... And server is not the problem I want to have an vpn over my server that can install or work from the Web.

Command line doesn't work because I don't know how to auth against the proxy. So I need something that install something in the chrome/Firefox and acts as middleware with the vpn.

I can't use openvpn because I don't know how to put the proxy in it. Not the option user pass combination doesn't work by default

• Adito or sslexplorer should work but it is not so well developed. It doesn't work on chrome due to java failing so I need something better

• If I am understanding you correctly, you probably want something like Wireguard or ShadowSocks.

• I would prefer something like vpn so I can do ssh to my server. I'm using c9server core now is nice(I prefer this against Web shell).

I think that wireguard don't work from Web or yes?

The proxy of the company uses some kind of auth that I can't replace so putty and other kinds of things over proxy don't work

• exception0x876 can you tell what they are saying here

Thanked by 2mfs inklight
  • like new offers from wishosting coming or somthing?

• @Osatien said:
    I would prefer something like vpn so I can do ssh to my server. I'm using c9server core now is nice(I prefer this against Web shell).

I think that wireguard don't work from Web or yes?

The proxy of the company uses some kind of auth that I can't replace so putty and other kinds of things over proxy don't work

Log in via their authentication page then turn on the VPN. I don't see the issue here?

• I don't auth I think they get user from current user and I don't know how to tell the proxy the auth cookie

• Can someone summarize the needs and problem in English? It's not clear to me. Thanks

• I need an vpn that can be run from a browser

Thanked by 1eol
  • In the end I have installed ssh client app inside the chrome that allows me to ssh connect to my server through my company proxy and redirect ports and act like a gateway

Thank you to all

Thanked by 1inklight
  • Aren't you breaking company policies by bypassing their proxy?

• @saibal said:
    Aren't you breaking company policies by bypassing their proxy?

Most likely, but like most here he probably doesn't give a crap.

• If it let's me to connect to my home why not?
    I shouldn't use proxy for my things? Like reading my email?

• @Osatien said:
    If it let's me to connect to my home why not?
    I shouldn't use proxy for my things? Like reading my email?

The company doesn't pay you to access your home files and emails using their servers and paying your salary. It's pretty clear to everyone here and their dog that you're going against your company's policies. If it's not obvious to you, you're defective.

• Have you checked the "New jobs section"?
    Your actions make you eligible.

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Why not to use RDP in your case?