Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - PART 3 - The final chapter!
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

INCEPTION HOSTING - DAILY DEALS - STORAGE - KVM - VZ - NVMe - SHARED - PART 3 - The final chapter!

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Last of the new offers to close out Cyber Monday, just select annual billing during checkout, prices have been adjusted, these will be valid for 24 hours only and are very limited quantity.

More offers here: https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html click the image below to go to select the deal you want.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

Comments

• Nice :)

• Now this is more like what I was after... (not that it stopped me getting some other offers ;) )

• angstromangstrom Member
      edited November 2018

@AnthonySmith: You're really on a roll again this BF/CM. :smile:

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• angstrom said: @AnthonySmith: You're really on a roll again this BF/CM.

Yep its been quite a BF/CM and to think I was not going to bother with it much this year haha!

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• Drinks are on @AnthonySmith

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
    • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

Nice offers! Too bad UK is the least ideal location for me. That's a pretty insane price!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

HostDoc rep | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "Tired of paying for hosting? Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

• Why does the 2gb option only have 2TB bandwidth?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
      edited November 2018

Mr_Tom said: Why does the 2gb option only have 2TB bandwidth?

Damn it...

Hopefully with the updated image (corrected) it makes sense.

• zhujiwikizhujiwiki Member
      edited November 2018

Very nice offer.

Zhujiwiki - VPS offer / dedicated servers offer Info
      My Twitter: https://twitter.com/guonning2000 | Telagram Discuss:https://t.me/zhujiwiki

• Amazing offer especially on the storage and NVME yearly offers.

Thank you Anthony, I grabbed a storage UK deal

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

Absolutely. But I already decided to renew my last year's BF deal. :) The UK KVM SSD Cached offer seems to be exactly the same this year. It's working great so far, I am very satisfied.

IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• Finally i got one thanks for deal

• Shared hosting is SSD Cached?
      You said you'll move all plans to nvme? Or only new plans?
      Thx

• tarasistarasis Member
      edited November 2018

When will the offers end? 23:59 UTC?

(Like an idiot I spent the night awake trying to decide what one to order, and now really need to sleep.)

• angstromangstrom Member
      edited November 2018

@tarasis said:
      When will the offers end? 23:59 UTC?

(Like an idiot I spent the night awake trying to decide what one to order, and now really need to sleep.)

Probably best not to wait until 23:59 UTC today if at all possible. :smile:

Edit: I guess you have more time. See Anthony's comment below.

(By the way, welcome back. :smile: You were away from LET for a while, no?)

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• @tarasis said:
      I spent the night awake trying to decide what one to order, and now really need to sleep.

I can testify the nvme on the KVM are useful if you need to host any web app+db.
      (2xE3 cores.)

If you're confused, the SSD-cached KVM have 4xE5 shared cores (and not slow E5s either)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

Tired of LET scams?
      A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

• Kwoon said: Shared hosting is SSD Cached?

You said you'll move all plans to nvme? Or only new plans?
      Thx

All plans, currently ssd cached.

tarasis said: When will the offers end? 23:59 UTC?

I am not hard limiting it, what is available will probably be available until the end of the month at least or until it goes out of stock.

• have any ipv6 address for US/UK instance

All discounts will be used to providing hosting and support for novice and female webmasters

Yvonne Lu, Co-Founder of Lunadream Foundation telegram:minmemory

• loveminds said: have any ipv6 address for US/UK instance

UK yes you get a /64

Not in US.

Thanked by 1vimalware

• dfroedfroe Member, Provider

BTW this is a benchmark of my SSD cached KVM I snatched during BF'18.
      Pretty solid performance.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/7897976

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      CPU model            : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
      Number of cores      : 4
      CPU frequency        : 2399.996 MHz
      Total size of Disk   : 44.6 GB (17.1 GB Used)
      Total amount of Mem  : 2003 MB (902 MB Used)
      Total amount of Swap : 511 MB (114 MB Used)
      System uptime        : 56 days, 1 hour 14 min
      Load average         : 0.50, 0.22, 0.13
      OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
      Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
      Kernel               : 4.9.0-8-amd64
      I/O speed(1st run)   : 190 MB/s
      I/O speed(2nd run)   : 220 MB/s
      I/O speed(3rd run)   : 257 MB/s
      Average I/O speed    : 222.3 MB/s
      Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
      CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         67.9MB/s
      Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          5.11MB/s
      Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            5.01MB/s
      Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           63.3MB/s
      Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           38.3MB/s
      Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             2.92MB/s
      Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           10.4MB/s
      Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          19.0MB/s
      Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            52.9MB/s
      Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           13.1MB/s
      Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          12.7MB/s
      Node Name                       IPv6 address            Download Speed
      Linode, Atlanta, GA             2600:3c02::4b           13.2MB/s
      Linode, Dallas, TX              2600:3c00::4b           11.1MB/s
      Linode, Newark, NJ              2600:3c03::4b           15.9MB/s
      Linode, Singapore, SG           2400:8901::4b           9.90MB/s
      Linode, Tokyo, JP               2400:8900::4b           6.21MB/s
      Softlayer, San Jose, CA         2607:f0d0:2601:2a::4    11.6MB/s
      Softlayer, Washington, WA       2607:f0d0:3001:78::2    31.7MB/s
      Softlayer, Paris, FR            2a03:8180:1301:8::4     75.2MB/s
      Softlayer, Singapore, SG        2401:c900:1101:8::2     14.8MB/s
      Softlayer, Tokyo, JP            2401:c900:1001:16::4    4.49MB/s

IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• Between the 2 UK €10/yr plans which one would be a better fit for a personal VPN? UK 2GB OVZ or UK KVM NVMe?

Are both on Clouvider network?

• solairesolaire Member
      edited November 2018

@beagle said:
      Between the 2 UK €10/yr plans which one would be a better fit for a personal VPN? UK 2GB OVZ or UK KVM NVMe?

Any plan of which the bandwidth suffices will do for OpenVPN :smile:

Thanked by 1beagle
      edited November 2018

dfroe said: BTW this is a benchmark of my SSD cached KVM I snatched during BF'18.
      Pretty solid performance.

Cheers, keep in mind sequential IO is not cached though :)

• @beagle said:
      Between the 2 UK €10/yr plans which one would be a better fit for a personal VPN? UK 2GB OVZ or UK KVM NVMe?

The 10eur KVM can be used for Openvpn AND wireguard (especially gigabit cross-datacenter links)

Thanked by 1beagle

Tired of LET scams?
      A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

• @angstrom said:

Probably best not to wait until 23:59 UTC today if at all possible. :smile:

Edit: I guess you have more time. See Anthony's comment below.

(By the way, welcome back. :smile: You were away from LET for a while, no?)

Excellent and it was a good point. I am feeling rather messed up from only 2 and a bit hours sleep and need to go with kids out now.

And Indeed I was away for quite a while, thanks for noticing :)

@vimalware said:

I can testify the nvme on the KVM are useful if you need to host any web app+db.
      (2xE3 cores.)

If you're confused, the SSD-cached KVM have 4xE5 shared cores (and not slow E5s either)

Cheers!

@AnthonySmith said:

tarasis said: When will the offers end? 23:59 UTC?

I am not hard limiting it, what is available will probably be available until the end of the month at least or until it goes out of stock.

Noted thank you.

• Hello does anyone have a looking glass / test ip UK? Thx

• @silverdawn said:
      Hello does anyone have a looking glass / test ip UK? Thx

http://lg.clouvider.net/ for UK KVM Pure NVMe SSD plan.

Thanked by 2silverdawn Clouvider
    • @Doutei said:
      http://lg.clouvider.net/ for UK KVM Pure NVMe SSD plan.

Can confirm OpenVZ plans are also with @Clouvider. Pretty impressed by the quality of the peering thus far.

Thanked by 2silverdawn Clouvider
      edited November 2018

Just a handful of the SSD cached KVM left before regular pricing is restored.

NVMe SSD KVM will remain on this pricing until the end of the month or until stock is gone.

• the retrieved clouvider ip 185.42.223.1 for the NVMe units did not warrant the latency I hoped to see
      could you please provide a looking glass for the SSD cached ones?
      thx

• Was so impressed with the performance of the small OpenVZ boxes I had picked up I had to pick up this storage deal too in favor of the Contabo VPS. Thanks @AnthonySmith!

silverdawn said: the retrieved > clouvider ip 185.42.223.1 for the NVMe units did not warrant the latency I hoped to see
      thx

http://lg.clouvider.net/

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
    • yeah that is what I meant and tested - i see you are implying it is all the same clouvider DC

• silverdawn said: i see you are implying it is all the same clouvider DC

It is the same dc.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@silverdawn said:

the retrieved clouvider ip 185.42.223.1 for the NVMe units did not warrant the latency I hoped to see
      thx

Feel free to PM the traceroute or preferably an MTR along with your public IP - if this can have physically improved - we will.

Thanked by 1Xei

Clouvider Limited - Leading EU Hosting Solution Provider || UK Dedicated Server Sale - True HA Cloud VPS - Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA VPS on OnApp | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• Just balancing up some over provisioning issues today for the UK OpenVZ, the speed of the orders created a bit of an imbalance impacting performance and I am allocating additional hardware to resolving the issue, the good news being that I will be able to open up UK VZ orders again for a bit for those that missed out.

• Please just say when! ;-)

• by 18:00 today at the latest but aiming for 14:00 (UK Time)

Thanked by 1beagle

• Heh, just moved my stuff over. Was afraid it got suspended for abuse due to the large database import (~ 1 GB), but thankfully it's just being migrated.

• @solaire said:
      Heh, just moved my stuff over. Was afraid it got suspended for abuse due to the large database import (~ 1 GB), but thankfully it's just being migrated.

Yep, announcement on the client area, just a big error in provisioning, in short 1 node was massively oversold 1 was massively undersold I only picked up on it this morning, performance should improve now.

Thanked by 1solaire

• AnthonySmith said: Yep, announcement on the client area, just a big error in provisioning, in short 1 node was massively oversold 1 was massively undersold I only picked up on it this morning, performance should improve now.

Guess I missed the announcement. No worries, though, happy that both my OpenVZ boxes are now on different nodes.

• Next LET drama caused by misquoting the above... "Inception is oversold!" ;)

Thanked by 2ehab FrankZ
    • Mr_Tom said: Next LET drama caused by misquoting the above... "Inception is oversold!"

lol, no doubt.

• beagle said: Please just say when! ;-)

when.

Thanked by 4beagle imok brueggus eol

• @AnthonySmith said:

when.

Did the 2 GB and 4 GB go really quickly (within an hour), or did you only add stock for 512 MB?

Either way, any chance we'll see any more of those in the not-too-distant future?

• andreipoe said: Did the 2 GB and 4 GB go really quickly (within an hour), or did you only add stock for 512 MB?

You are just looking at the wrong product group I think: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=22

• He may be looking at the promo page.

• beagle said: He may be looking at the promo page.

Ah!

• Thanks everyone it was a good year, I hope people got the sales they were looking for!

• @AnthonySmith: Those were a bunch of great offers, thank you for that!

Me, myself and a lowest common denominator named Bob - We all ❤️ @eol.

• Finally grabbed a server.

So much ummming between the options and in the end I picked the wrong one facepalm

Thought I clicked the 25GB NVMe SSD but had actually clicked the KVM SSD Cached.

Lesson: Don't be an idiot and click purchase at 5:30am.

--

Surprised to see the cpu bench was slower than my Hosthatch server

KVM SSD 4 CPU

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz
      CPU cores: 4
      Frequency: 2399.996 MHz
      RAM: 1.9G
      Swap: 255M
      Kernel: Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
      11.003 seconds
      CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
      24.122 seconds
      CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
      6.558 seconds

Hosthatch 2 CPU

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
      CPU cores: 2
      Frequency: 2399.996 MHz
      RAM: 988Mi
      Swap: 2.0Gi
      Kernel: Linux 4.18.5-arch1-1-ARCH x86_64

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
      3.158 seconds
      CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
      8.818 seconds
      CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
      *** WARNING : deprecated key derivation used.
      Using -iter or -pbkdf2 would be better.
      2.587 seconds