Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus acquired by Mythic Beasts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus acquired by Mythic Beasts

RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
edited November 2018 in Providers

Figured it makes sense to share the post of the takeover here..

Mythic Beasts acquires VMHaus
November 26th, 2018 by pdw

We’re pleased to announce that Mythic Beasts has acquired VMHaus, a virtual server provider with facilities in London and Los Angeles. We will continue to run VMHaus as a separate brand selling low-cost, prepaid virtual servers, which we believe will complement our own virtual server products well. We’re also pleased to announce that VMHaus co-founder Basil Fillan has joined Mythic Beasts as a full time employee. Basil has been responsible for the development of the VMHaus technical infrastructure, and will be ideally placed to help us provide support to VMHaus customers.
In the short term, VMHaus customers will see no changes to their services. Payments and invoicing will continue to be through VMHaus Ltd, and we will continue to accept new orders for VMHaus products. In the medium term, we’re planning improvements to both the VMHaus platform and our own virtual server infrastructure, based on our combined experiences of developing the two systems.

On the VMHaus side we hope to be able to start selling virtual servers in Amsterdam early in the new year, and also be able to offer IPv6-only virtual servers at a discounted rate. VMHaus customers will also be able to take advantage of our other services such as domain registration and backups.

On the Mythic Beasts side, we expect to be able to offer service upgrades thanks to the economies of scale resulting from the acquisitions of VMHaus and of BHost this summer.

Source: https://blog.mythic-beasts.com/2018/11/26/mythic-beasts-acquires-vmhaus/

Credits to @dtu who was kind enough to share the link in the LET Discord.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

Comments

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

wtf is Mythic Beasts, sounds like an upcoming game

Thanked by 3jetchirag portspeed sin
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

Really old news.

There was a big drama about it on LET. Basically, MB is bailing out a kiddie host.

• @deank said:
    Really old news.

There was a big drama about it on LET. Basically, MB is bailing our a kiddie host.

and Basil, who claimed it wasn’t his fault, now is a full employee at the exact company that bought VMH out.

I don’t really care though — at least they got their shit sorted out.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited November 2018

@deank said:
    There was a big drama about it on LET.

Just trying to provide VMHaus users with some confidence on the availability of their servers.... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • @JohnMiller92 said:
    wtf is Mythic Beasts, sounds like an upcoming game

Dating site for furries

As far as I know, users weren't affected much. I am sure MB will sent out an e-mail to its client base.

• It's all collusion really.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Never heard of them, but their Mac mini rental price is decent (use cases for app development, certificate signing).

@JarLard, when are you gonna sell fermented balls in jars?

• It'll be interesting to see how long the "we'll-keep-VMHaus-as-a-separate-brand-and-as-a-discount-provider" strategy will last.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @deank said:
    As far as I know, users weren't affected much. I am sure MB will sent out an e-mail to its client base.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@deank said:
    @JarLard, when are you gonna sell fermented balls in jars?

About fiftyleven.

• I recall that Mythic Beasts used to sell rather pricey (though I imagine: quality) shell accounts, but it seems that they no longer offer shell accounts.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MB bought BHost. MB is into buying trash it seems. Might be some hope for summerhosts.