Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW! AlphaRacks Website - Feedback Requested (giving away 10x $25 to 10 LET MEMBERS!)

alpharacksalpharacks Member
edited November 2018 in General

Hi All,

AlphaRacks has just released our new website design in preparation for our huge Cyber Monday event (stay tuned for more on that), would love to hear your feedback/suggestions if possible!

URL: https://www.alpharacks.com/

Quick screenshot of part of the home page below:

Whether you reply with simple feedback such as "good" or "nice" OR if you reply with constructive feedback such as "this page needs work, here's why" etc - in our spirit of the holidays and our love for the community, we will AT RANDOM select 5 10 LET winners who reply on here for $25 AlphaRacks account credit :)

We will announce the winners tomorrow in this thread!

Thanked by 2jiang wtfcook

Comments

• Looks clean and colors go together. I cant compare tho because I dont remember how your previous webpage looked like.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • It doesn't offend me.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Looks 'very simple to understand".

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • I feel oppressed by the colors, never ordering from this site.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Looks nice.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Too much white below that dark banner.
    Go for some dark theme or something.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • The background image of the front page looks pretty dull, there should be possibly more social media links could be added in footer, rest design looks decent for a hosting provider.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Hi,
    I saw the website,
    Here is the list of things, i would personally recommend as a web dev.
    1)Showcase some other products on homepage also, apart from dedicated servers, like maybe VPS.
    2)Not able to see client login option from mobile site
    3)Email id are not clickable in footer (means mailto function is not active)

Will add some points if i dig deeper. :smile:

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • The title bar should be changed to dark color.
    A white bar between two blocks of black looks really odd.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • It's like someone said "I looked at @Harzem and I think I can do this". Then, they dropped the colors, grabbed good ol' 1994 Hypercolor purple, and went to work.

Thanked by 2alpharacks Harzem
  • emancipated purple, well
    lets make a deal by email is a bit anachronistic, is it not?
    how about an ajax form that keeps form content on error or browsing away as session data?

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • @silverdawn said:
    emancipated purple, well
    lets make a deal by email is a bit anachronistic, is it not?
    how about an ajax form that keeps form content on error or browsing away as session data?

GDPuRple.

Thanked by 2eol alpharacks
  • I've not yet tried out your services, largely because of the mixed reviews/comments, but I had always found your (former) website pleasant-looking, in particular, the purple/violet color tone. I see that you've kept this color tone -- though perhaps reduced a bit -- on the new website: I like it.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • edited November 2018

It is professional, consistent. It is easy to read.

Logo: Head to read "defining superior service"

Knowledgebase page: I guess this is a third party page being integrated with your website. That's why some font and paddings are not consistent with the rest.

Overall, it loos great! Congrats on the new design.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

It feels much more responsive IMO, and I like how the menu is a simple show/hide, no animation shit, etc. I can get to where I want w/o thinking a lot, or having to deal w/ visual clutter, I like it. Great job!

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Good colour scheme, resizes down to mobile size ok. Nicely laid out, not confusing like some other sites. I'd be tempted to change the colour of "Register" on the top bar or up the size of all 3 options, and maybe reduce the whitespace around the 6 reasons to buy ("Free Website Migration, 24/7 Support Available" etc), but otherwise cool.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Thanks guys! Each and every one of your feedback is VERY MUCH appreciated and is being actively taken into consideration.

Keep them coming. As we got much more response than I was expecting, I'm going to raise the winners from 5, to 10. We are giving away 10x $25 account credits to 10 lucky LET members. All you have to do is respond to this thread with feedback to be eligible to be apart of the pool.

The winners will be randomly selected tomorrow (without any regard to the feedback, whether it was simple or constructive anything helps) - so feel free to leave any feedback! We will export a list of usernames who replied here to random.org and announce the winners.

Thanked by 3eol angstrom Edi
  • niraethniraeth Member
    edited November 2018

On your home page,
    1. Make your registration on the same line as your login (or make it a dropdown)
    2. Its said already but, your login/registration doesnt show in the mobile nav bar.i know a few other hosts who have the same problem and its rather inconvenient and annoying since i have to swap the view to the desktop version in order to be able to see the login.
    3. Just something for you to consider, whatever you put below your banner should be a summary of your services - it should be what attracts your target customers best. currently its the dedi offers but maybe vps offers? i dont know your customers so i cant tell for sure

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Original post modified to show 10x winners will be announced tomorrow instead of 5 :)

Thanks again.

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • Clean and simple user friendly responsive UI without all those big images making the loading slow. There should be another section under Deploy Your Dedicated Server with tabs like KVM, OVZ, SSD KVM, Windows VPS to make it quick for users to order one of them just like the dedi section.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • FoulFoul Member
    edited November 2018

To be fair,

There's too much padding on the footer(try changing it to 50px for top/bottom instead of 100), make it more smaller/minimalist in my opinion. Footer looks fine on Mobile (Safari, and chrome)

The logo could be a bit bigger; You can hardly read the slogan under the Racks bit

Title text... too much of it on the homepage.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Clean & fancy -- good work.

• Design is pretty good
    Suggestion in homepage you should show vps in main box order as you were known brandable budget vps provider.

There is would be good if you're adding blog in bottom footside, blog can be support articles content which is tutorial inside, it will help you on SERP if you need that.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • looks better via my mobile phone than the previous one

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • To begin with, I am not a web designer, but from the normal user perspective, this website looks clean and easy to navigate. Kudos to you guys for that.

To Julian and other AlphaRacks squad, I love your enthusiasm of starting new chapter in your business and I do believe, new website design is one of the cornestores.

Keep on growing... I see you have met BF/Cyber Monday well-prepared.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It looks much better than the old website. Good job!

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Looks better, but resembles too much quadranet

• Mobile phone access, the page is more concise than before

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • aapaap Member
    edited November 2018

The logo really needs to be reworked.
    upd: Oh! and make your live chat less noisy and annoying (especially on BF :smile: )

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • I love the simple, clean simplistic look. Offers are clear, concise and explain or tell me most things I need to know at offering page itself. I just hope it was slightly better optimized for mobile, I tried on my iPhone 6 and I felt, there is very little optimization to display on mobile, but then again I think most customer will use bigger screens like Laptop/Tablets to order Hosting on your site anyways. Good Luck and wish you have great sales.

EDIT: Used https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly to test your page and it said your page is Mobile Friendly, but has some page/script loading issues. But I still feel it is not mobile optimized, just my personal opinion.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
This discussion has been closed.