Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VNC Problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VNC Problem

WorldWorld Veteran
edited October 2013 in Help

Hello everyone,I found a problem with VNC.I can't input symbols and uppercase letters in VNC....Who can tell me what's happen and how can fix it?

Have a nice day!

Comments

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Hmm are you trying to access vnc using vps console? If yes then probably key mapping is missing. Would you mind telling your keyboard language ?

• @cfgguy said:
    Hmm are you trying to access vnc using vps console? If yes then probably key mapping is missing. Would you mind telling your keyboard language ?

English(USA),defualt keyboard language.

And how exactly you trying to access the vps. Can you share your steps to replicate the issue?

• then probably that you're using a keyboard layout that is not supported by your keyboard

• @cfgguy said:
    And how exactly you trying to access the vps. Can you share your steps to replicate the issue?

First,i chick"Console"from my VPS Providers,then auto open a VNC.Sorry,my English not well.

• @wcypierre said:
    then probably that you're using a keyboard layout that is not supported by your keyboard

Well..I don't think so.

Do one thing raise a ticket with your vps provider and if possible click a picture of your keyboard and paste it!

• @cfgguy said:
    Do one thing raise a ticket with your vps provider and if possible click a picture of your keyboard and paste it!

Oh,my provider always very busy,lol.I use Linux System,maybe the problem is that i use Linux?

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited October 2013

You are using the built-in SolusVM CP Java console, I presume...? You can also access your server VNC directly, using the free VNC client program called TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com). You will need the VNC IP address (this is not the same as IP address of your server!) and VNC password. You can find both in your SolusVM CP.

Edit: TightVNC works under Windows, but I'm pretty sure there is something like that works in Linux...

• @andrzej said:
    You are using the built-in SolusVM CP Java console, I presume...? You can also access your server VNC directly, using the free VNC client program called TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com). You will need the VNC IP address (this is not the same as IP address of your server!) and VNC password. You can find both in your SolusVM CP.

Edit: TightVNC works under Windows, but I'm pretty sure there is something like that works in Linux...

No,Not SolusVM,Can't connect via such as TightVNC,sorry my English is not well,i think you can understand Chinese:
    商家没有提供给我VNC的连接方式,只能通过网页内置的一个“Console”调用系统的VNC组件去连接,所以我认为这是一个问题,我其他VPS通过软件VNC连接就不会存在这个问题,而这个商家总是说他们非常忙,呵呵。

• Sorry, my very basic Chinese is not up to such tech talk ;) I don't understand the problem. No matter what tools or "console" your provider offers or does not offer, you can use TightVNC to connect directly. You need to know the VNC IP address and password.

• Ya, you won't be able to enter special characters in VNC. If you're on linux you could get an onscreen keyboard with all the characters you need.