Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 235
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

FAT32 said: bad year

Here is some inspirational music from 20 years ago (that was actually a pretty good year for me).

(forward to about 1:30 for the actual song)

one of my favorite bands (in this particular genre). Video is from one of their last concerts (in their original incarnation at least ... the singer died of heart failure a few years later. So you know he was legit.)

As for the video quality ... well - we just had 8 bits to work with back then, and we liked it that way! Enjoy and feel better bro!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • imokimok Member
    edited November 2019

Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.
    Failed to start reboot.target: Connection timed out
    See system logs and 'systemctl status reboot.target' for details.

Broadcast message from root@hostname pts/0 (Wed 2019-11-13 21:41:12 -05):

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

What?

Authorization not available. Check if polkit service is running or see debug message for more information.
    Failed to start poweroff.target: Connection timed out
    See system logs and 'systemctl status poweroff.target' for details.

Broadcast message from root@hostname on pts/0 (Wed 2019-11-13 21:42:04 -05):

The system is going down for power-off NOW!

Wot?

EDIT: Selinux was the problem. This was migrated from OVZ to KVM.

Fast server. Thanks Virmach!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2019

OVZ Migration?

My migration did not went as smooth - I got IP changed, however no info/ticket/e-mail about that. Good that we still have VNC access ^.-

• 6 hours later got told by L2 support that "IP did not change and VPS is running". Sure, they fixed it in mean time and now playing dumb. Eh, was expecting more :<

• A day closer to BF. I needed to transfer money, but the website of my bank is broken. What a joke.

• Oh right, migrations. I remembered to do a quick bench before the migration for comparison, results are so/so. Truly terrible write speeds and a bit worse read on LA10GKVM21, where my Pro+ migrated to, but my $3 ovz special on NY10GKVM102 looks decent. I can't really complain at the price, but I'm hoping the write speeds look better after everyone settles into the move. Looks like the migrations themselves went smoothly for me, at least.

https://pastebin.com/eccLTMRq

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Another day without SSD32G

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Maybe it's only a dream.

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime
  • Maybe it's only a joke.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • I doubt it's a joke, but probably not so obvious, that make it impossible to find.

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2019

Is it black friday already?

EDIT: Wait. It's saturday.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • [V] Sent renewal payment for last BF's $0.70 Gullo's Hosting VPS.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Good morning buffaloes!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

grunt, snuffle, fart

Thanked by 1alilet
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2019

@VirMach Someone in the Chinese forum mentioned that the migrated KVM bandwidth is not counted in the control panel, perhaps there's some misconfiguration?

Fyi, the user is on node LA10GKVM25.

• Hey guys! Wasssup! :lol:

• 11 days to go

• @ben47955 said:
    11 days to go

That's like one year

• What if Black Friday falls on a Thursday this year? Does anyone own a calendar?

• @randomq said:
    What if Black Friday falls on a Thursday this year? Does anyone own a calendar?

It happens every year for me.

• I am more concerned about Black Friday falling on 30 Feb.

• @alilet said:
    I am more concerned about Black Friday falling on 30 Feb.

I'm concerned about VirMach being behind in the OpenVZ to KVM migrations and missing BF this year.

• @donli said:

@alilet said:

I'm concerned about VirMach being behind in the OpenVZ to KVM migrations and missing BF this year.

:(

• ya? yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

• @donli said:

@alilet said:

There are probably nothing to worry. They are only a little behind the schedule.

• Who said 10 days to go ?

• I think nobody.

But those are great news!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@donli said:

@alilet said:

ben47955 said: There are probably nothing to worry. They are only a little behind the schedule.

• I only managed to load first few seconds of that GIF.
    Time to panic, no BF offers!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Does anyone have a need for a nice, juicy, heavily discounted VirMach dedicated server in Buffalo?

Specs are – E3-1270, 32GB RAM, 2x1TB HDD, /28 IPv4, 10TB @ 1Gbps, $294/yr (effectively ~$25/mo).

IPs were treated gently while under my care, like the fine courtesans they are. Renewal is on 29 November. I hope to have the box ready to be transferred by the beginning of next week.