Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BLACK FRIDAY] AlphaRacks.com - SSD KVM VPS, Shared/Resellers, OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR!!! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BLACK FRIDAY] AlphaRacks.com - SSD KVM VPS, Shared/Resellers, OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR!!!

Comments

• postcd said: Do you mark orders made via Proxies as fraud? Do you allow 1GB VPS Linux ($7/y) to be used as a Tor network relay? The next year renewal is also $7, can i pay Bitcoin?

Yes, our automated system might. PM me with your order number and I can approve it.

Tor relays are fine, but no exit nodes.

The renewal price will be the same, and yes we take Bitcoin.

• 2 days ago, purchased Master reseller package. Hoping for the best. Hope they will keep the promise. Will keep posted.

Thanks....

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • tapasfun said: 2 days ago, purchased Master reseller package. Hoping for the best. Hope they will keep the promise. Will keep posted.
    Thanks....

Thanks! Hope you're having a great Black Friday weekend.

• I'd only get one if it was a free trial for 3 months to see if service improved from last time ...

• Very bad customer service. Order placed at Friday, was marked as fraud(!?), questions how much ssh for reseller was ignored. Fraud mark reason also is till unknown.

• Hi @alpharacks !

Can I hope for having the Let's Encrypt Plugin in my cpanel?
    https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/The+Let's+Encrypt+Plugin

Or am I hoping too much?

• emilio911emilio911 Member
    edited November 2018

Other question:

Is cpanel anonymous FTP (FTP without login) enabled by default, simply available or totally not allowed?

(I'm asking because this is always different from one hosting provider to the other.)

Thank you!

• Why the hell would anyone want to allow anonymous ftp in 2018?

Thanked by 1eol
    edited November 2018

@CyberMonday said:
    Why the hell would anyone want to allow anonymous ftp in 2018?

Just want to make sure my server is secured and that anonymous FTP is not enabled by some magic I don't know about (like I've seen before).

• @emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

Just want to make sure my server is secured and that anonymous FTP is not enabled by some magic I don't know about (like I've seen before).

Last I checked, 1993 has come and gone?

• @CyberMonday said:

still, cpanel is a remaining of the past

• @emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

still, cpanel is a remaining of the past

As are its' users.

edited November 2018

deleted

Thanked by 1eol
  • @CyberMonday said:

@emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

Anonymous FTP still has its uses.

• @angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

Downloading keys for Winsock, various forms of BSD, and what else?

• @CyberMonday said:

@angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

Slackware downloads. :smiley:

Thanked by 1eol
  • Holy shit. It IS 1993 again!

• eoleol Member
    edited November 2018

@CyberMonday said:

@angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

@angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

Nice one.

Thanked by 2angstrom CyberMonday
  • @angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@angstrom said:

@CyberMonday said:

@emilio911 said:

@CyberMonday said:

Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I have paid for a server 2 days ago. Invoice still shows up as unpaid. I've opened a ticket, still no response. They've even sent me two automated e-mails, asking me to pay "to avoid any interruptions" :smiley:
    Order #206701004597. Invoice #539181

• @kedibasi said:
    I have paid for a server 2 days ago. Invoice still shows up as unpaid. I've opened a ticket, still no response. They've even sent me two automated e-mails, asking me to pay "to avoid any interruptions" :smiley:
    Order #206701004597. Invoice #539181

Forget it, I waited 3 days. If support can't answer in 72h, need to choose something better :)

• Not recommended.
    Cancelled the service, but they charged me. Opened a ticket and Paypal dispute.
    1Gbps port is still 100Mbit. Not stable uptime.

• are these prices recurring?

• Heard a lot about their dead slow support and service activation, and look like its all true. Payment Invoice confirmed more then 11 Hours ago still no details of my Shared Plan Special#3. Invoice 542861.
    Submitted a ticket at same time but still not a single reply for them.
    God Bless your customers "including me".

• Apparently they are overwhelmed with all the new signups these last few days. Their billing system has issues, but their helpful staff (when they are available) have always taken care of issues.

• @AnotherBox said:
    Not recommended.
    Cancelled the service, but they charged me. Opened a ticket and Paypal dispute.
    1Gbps port is still 100Mbit. Not stable uptime.

Same for me. Cancelled the service few months ago but the charged me via Paypal again yesterday. Opened a ticket and the support said: "this is not refundable". I don't recommend AlphaRacks.

• alpharacksalpharacks Member
    edited November 2018

Thank you everyone for the continued interest in working with AlphaRacks. We appreciate everyone's patience (we really do) during this busy time. We have NEVER seen such a large amount of demand/interest in any other previous year's sales, so this year is definitely one for the books. It wouldn't be possible without you guys - and for that, we thank you!

Update on several things to address issues mentioned by other users above:

Pending Activation Issues:

All accounts/orders have been activated at this time. We sold units across many different product offerings much faster than we had expected between Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions, and had to enable stock control on some packages to help mitigate this.

We are down to our FINAL hours of the sale and some packages are already out of stock at the time of this message. If you are still interested in grabbing anything, now is the time to do so.

AS OF NOW, Everything with the exception of Hybrid Servers should be instantly activated at this time. Due to the high interest on our new Hybrid Servers offering, we are working on getting additional hardware set up and should have these back to auto-setup by tonight.

Update on Billing:

We process our credit card payments through a payment merchant called 2CO. We have been made aware of some 2CO payments not automatically being marked as paid. Please note that 2CO manually approves every order prior to sending an "IPN PASS" to our billing system to talk to our system to tell it to mark the invoice as paid.

If your invoice is still marked unpaid, it could be due to one of two things, the first and second case being the most common:

1) It has not been more than 3-4 hours yet. 2CO can take up to 3-4 hours to approve a payment before it is even seen or released to our side.

2) After payment review, 2CO deemed your payment to be fraudulent (based on their checks) and refunded the payment due to high risk

3) This one is a rare one but we've seen it happen during busy events like this. 2CO's IPN server was overloaded at the time of the pass. While we do not see this happening much, it is possible due to the large amount of orders that we are processing every minute due to the BF/CM sales.

Please submit a support ticket to our billing team if you suspect #3 to be the case. We will help you get that sorted out ASAP.

That being said... if you are in a rush - pay using PayPal (and ensure your domain/hostname is more than 4 characters long)! That is a surefire way to ensure instant activation. If you must absolutely pay by Credit Card unfortunately you will need to wait a few hours for 2CO to approve your payment before it can be marked as paid in our system. This is a fully automated process.

Misc. Updates

We currently have hundreds of requests across our helpdesk queue due to the unprecedented demand of our Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. At this time, we are prioritizing technical support tickets as first priority. We want to make sure our existing customers are always taken care of at all times. Second priority is then sales/billing/admin related requests.

Some of our staff (myself included) have been working endlessly with extremely minimal sleep since Black Friday, and for that, I greatly commend them for doing so, as they certainly are not obligated to do so.

For any super urgent issues, PM me on here with the ticket number, and I'll get back to you same day. If not, I appreciate your understanding and patience while we prioritize things internally. We anticipate to have the support ticket queue back to normal conditions by the end this week when the Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales end.

THANK YOU for everyone's interest, patience, understanding and patronage! And for the new users - welcome to AlphaRacks!

• Paid twice via 2CO and confirmed about 15mins.

• Nice! Got a swe in 3.5 days that I need my ID. Why? No any reason. But still I doesn't got answer about ssh price for reseller. @alpharacks do you read tickets? :) :)

• Is SFTP/SSH supported for the cpanel plans?