Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BLACK FRIDAY] AlphaRacks.com - SSD KVM VPS, Shared/Resellers, OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR!!! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BLACK FRIDAY] AlphaRacks.com - SSD KVM VPS, Shared/Resellers, OpenVZ VPS from $0.49/YR!!!

Comments

• too good to be true

• That's because it isn't. If it is like last year, the server will go down and be lost in a month and you are outside their 'refund' period ;). Only a person intentionally wanting to throw away money would buy a server from these people. Like if you really want to give them a dollar, it's easier to just donate it to them over PayPal.

• alpharacksalpharacks Member
    edited November 2018

thenet said: what is Linux Vps location ?

Adam1 said: cant see a location on the landing or order pages... is it LA as per your sig?

Yes, Los Angeles, CA, USA.

nqservices said: Shared Plans include any kind of automatic daily or weekly backups?

Not at this time on these shared hosting packages, though you do have the ability to generate/download backups within cPanel control panel. Our servers are also protected in real time via RAID-10.

AnotherBox said: What plans are Docker-ready?

The SSD KVM VPS packages at the bottom of the page will work well with Docker :)

shell said: too good to be true

Hehe :) We did strive to go all out this year and do a better deal than ever before. Talk about unprecedented deals! That's why we're processing orders at a rapid rate (25+ orders a minute). Thanks for the kind words.

Happy Black Friday to you and yours :) Enjoy!

• Live chat available if anyone has any questions. Hope everyone's having a great evening.

• Are these provisioned on the lattitude server or do you have a less crowded server for these deals?

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • @dahartigan, no it won't be provisioned on latitude. Our newer shared/reseller nodes are now provisioned on Dual Xeon E5-2620's with 128GB RAM so much faster :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • That's a step in the right direction then in my opinion @alpharacks

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • Paid my invoice 537597, but its still showing unpaid. Can you please check @alpharacks

• vicks1986 said: Paid my invoice 537597, but its still showing unpaid. Can you please check @alpharacks

This has been fixed

• @alpharacks said:

vicks1986 said: Paid my invoice 537597, but its still showing unpaid. Can you please check @alpharacks

This has been fixed

Excellent service.

Thanks

Thanked by 1alpharacks
  • @alpharacks said:

vicks1986 said: Paid my invoice 537597, but its still showing unpaid. Can you please check @alpharacks

This has been fixed

Please check ticket #805000

• @alpharacks Do you mark orders made via Proxies as fraud? Do you allow 1GB VPS Linux ($7/y) to be used as a Tor network relay? The next year renewal is also $7, can i pay Bitcoin?

• @alpharacks said:
    @dahartigan, no it won't be provisioned on latitude. Our newer shared/reseller nodes are now provisioned on Dual Xeon E5-2620's with 128GB RAM so much faster :)

It's include let's encrypt feature?

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/cart.php?a=add&pid=300

Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database.

She's dead, chief.

Btw, nice deals!

• VPS's:

Critical Error

• @JohnMiller92 said:

Critical Error

She's dead, chief.

Btw, nice deals!

Invoice was automatically increased from 7$ to 17$, nice.

• @aka455 said:

@JohnMiller92 said:

Critical Error

She's dead, chief.

Btw, nice deals!

Subtotal $7.00 USD

Totals

$7.00 USD Annually

$7.00 USD

Total Due Today

• @h2o said:

@aka455 said:

@JohnMiller92 said:

Critical Error

She's dead, chief.

Btw, nice deals!

Subtotal $7.00 USD

Totals

$7.00 USD Annually

$7.00 USD

Total Due Today

Yes, I know, but after ordering it has been increased to 17$. @alpharacks Please check ticket #805000.

• After this, I am not sure if any other hidden fees will be appearing again, thinking of terminating account :neutral:

• @alpharacks said:
    @dahartigan, no it won't be provisioned on latitude. Our newer shared/reseller nodes are now provisioned on Dual Xeon E5-2620's with 128GB RAM so much faster :)

It's include let's encrypt feature?

• dracodraco Member
    edited November 2018

I got a $7 1GB OVZ with them last Black Friday. It didn’t get off to a great start with frequent downtime. Some months it went as bad as 80% monthly uptime.

Over the last 3 months, situation improved but hope this BF sales doesn’t make it go down often again.

• nice offer

• Any VPS Reseller offers?

edited November 2018

aka455 said: Please check ticket #805000
    aka455 said: Invoice was automatically increased from 7$ to 17$, nice.
    aka455 said: Yes, I know, but after ordering it has been increased to 17$. @alpharacks Please check ticket #805000.

There are no hidden fees nor was that intentional @aka455, I answered your ticket. This was automatically generated by the WHMCS cron job, because we made a SPECIAL exception for you (based on the fact that you are a LET member) on live chat to activate your account with deferred payment because your credit card did not have sufficient funds until later this month, so we still took you in early as a courtesy.

I do not appreciate the blatant claims you are spreading about our company to tarnish our reputation after we did you this solid. Anyhow, I have removed the late fee on the invoice and also set your account in WHMCS to not set late fees. So you're all set.

vicks1986 said: Excellent service.

Thanks

Thank you for your business!

skizoid said: It's include let's encrypt feature?

Yes.

GNOMEIT said: nice offer

Thank you :)

• @alpharacks said:

aka455 said: Please check ticket #805000
    aka455 said: Invoice was automatically increased from 7$ to 17$, nice.
    aka455 said: Yes, I know, but after ordering it has been increased to 17$. @alpharacks Please check ticket #805000.

There are no hidden fees nor was that intentional @aka455, I answered your ticket. This was automatically generated by the WHMCS cron job, because we made a SPECIAL exception for you (based on the fact that you are a LET member) on live chat to activate your account with deferred payment because your credit card did not have $7 until the 27th, as a courtesy.

I do not appreciate the blatant claims you are spreading about our company to tarnish our reputation after we did you this solid. Anyhow, I have removed the late fee on the invoice and also set your account in WHMCS to not set late fees. So you're all set.

vicks1986 said: Excellent service.

Thanks

Thank you for your business!

skizoid said: It's include let's encrypt feature?

Yes.

GNOMEIT said: nice offer

Thank you :)

Julian fixed the issue very fast. I started panicking too early. Thanks again for your customized approach. Highly recommended.

Thanked by 1alpharacks
    edited November 2018

JohnMiller92 said: Critical Error

She's dead, chief.

Btw, nice deals!

Xei said: Critical Error

Thanks @JohnMiller92!

We're keeping the deals on for a bit more. With regards to the critical error, our website overloaded for a few minutes last night due to overload of real human traffic, I believe at one point last night, the highest peak we had was 450 people trying to order at the same time which is when the site overloaded. We sorted it out right away.

Hit F5 (refresh the page) if you weren't able to order yet.

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • aka455 said: Julian fixed the issue very fast. I started panicking too early. Thanks again for your customized approach. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much. We're happy to have you here.

• miumiu Member
    edited November 2018

unfortunately i do not have good experinces w this provider and i leave it: regularly technical> @darylfarahi said:

bad provider, every time vps down, and sometimes cannot reboot

unfortunately i must agree w darylfarahi and other who border self write here their experiences after longer time of ussing of alphaR. - very similar bad experiences, i leave them because it was only waste of time, money and nerves, regularly any tech issue, very slow working and overload nodes, unsuable cpanel where all loads ethernity (or ever). Very Simple Reason: the same "business schema" as wootshit, hostmybytes etc: from start servers works quite well, but they regularly ad still more and more users and after several months it will be unusable brutal oversold disaster.

BTW: U can opposite me (as "this is your opinion, we have 30k user what proofs anything else, open ticket if problem" etc as always), but i`m sure , also much LET users here can confirm my words and experiences. And if u have not problem do with this mentioned way (business schema), i do not have problem to say truth and my experiences here (because i was too robed with your disasters about my money). And tip for new customers who believes that does good purchase: Do bench today, now when u buy anything, then do other the same after approx. 10, 12, 15 months and try compare it, then u will understand about i was writing. Of course if u will not leave them too much sooner and be able stays so long..

Everytime I`m glad and willing to write kindly words about every great, serious and lovely provider, and appreciate their nice work.. But about overselling kings who try here do from self
    highly professional adn reliable host companies as woot (total unbeatable winner in overselling categ and worst provider what i tried ever), hostmybytes, alpha etc , sorry i cannot.. :-/

edited November 2018

Thanks @miu your feedback is definitely heard and has not gone unnoticed. I won't "opposite" you nor will I attempt to disprove your claims. Instead, I'll be the first to admit this... we have never been perfect. We started our business in the VPS field over 5 years ago with minimal experience in the VPS industry (our main specialty before that time was standard cPanel hosting), and throughout the past 5 years we've learned so much as we go. After all, we are humans just like you - we all learn from experience and mistakes! And I think that's why people (40k+ clients) still stick around with AlphaRacks today, it's the human touch of experience added to the equation - because we've gone through barriers and obstacles, to the point we are able to successfully cater to our client's needs/desires without any major hurdles. We did have our fair share of growing pains as a startup, we admit, but we've since ironed those issues out and have a very solid business plan in place moving forward. For example, we now employ 24x7 staffing, and run on much more powerful host nodes. I still believe that by no means are we perfect today (we are humans!) BUT we have definitely come a very long way compared to 5 years ago, and have accumulated so much experience through the years to the point we are able to be the cause of more and more happy customers. We were one of the LEB originals 5+ years ago and one of the only ones still around and growing strongly even to this day.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and you are 100% heard. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to PM me and I would like the opportunity to address accordingly, and hopefully turn you into a happy customer again :)

• @alpharacks Do you mark orders made via Proxies as fraud? Do you allow 1GB VPS Linux ($7/y) to be used as a Tor network relay? The next year renewal is also $7, can i pay Bitcoin?