Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up to 75% off all weekend! UK SSD Web/Reseller Hosting, LA DDoS Protected VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Up to 75% off all weekend! UK SSD Web/Reseller Hosting, LA DDoS Protected VPS

WSCallumWSCallum Member
edited November 2018 in Offers

Time to throw in our exclusive offer for the LET community this year!

70% off Los Angeles KVMH VPS...
Get 70% off KVMH VPS when paid annually. Promo Code BF18-LET - Expires Monday 26th November or until stocks last.

256mb RAM / 1 CPU Core / 15GB Disk / 1TB Bandwidth / 1 IPv4 / /64 IPv6 - £6.60 ($8.50) annually - ORDER HERE

512mb RAM / 2 CPU Cores / 25GB Disk / 2TB Bandwidth / 1 IPv4 / /64 IPv6 - £9.00 ($11.59) annually - ORDER HERE

1GB RAM / 2 CPU Cores / 50GB Disk / 3TB Bandwidth / 1 IPv4 / /64 IPv6 - £15.00 ($19.31) annually - ORDER HERE

PROMO CODE : BF18-LET

View all KVMH packages here!

75% off Web Hosting...

Enjoy an exclusive 75% off all Web Hosting packages when paid annually!

Mini Package:

• 5GB SSD Disk Space
  • 150GB Monthly Bandwidth
  • Available for £4.35 ($5.65) per year with promotional code OUIBN055AM
  • Click here to order!

Small Package:

• 15GB SSD Disk Space
  • 300GB Monthly Bandwidth
  • Available for £7.48 ($9.71) per year with promotional code OUIBN055AM
  • Click here to order!

Medium Package:

• 25GB SSD Disk Space
  • 450GB Monthly Bandwidth
  • Available for £12.48 ($16.20) per year with promotional code OUIBN055AM
  • Click here to order!

Large Package:

• 50GB SSD Disk Space
  • 600GB Monthly Bandwidth
  • Free Domain Name*
  • Available for £19.98 ($25.94) per year with promotional code OUIBN055AM
  • Click here to order!

60% off Reseller Hosting...

Enjoy an exclusive 60% off Reseller Hosting packages on any billing cycle!

RESELLER1 Package:

• 25GB SSD Disk Space
  • 1TB Monthly Bandwidth
  • 25 cPanel Accounts
  • Free Domain Name*
  • Available for £3.20 ($4.15) monthly with promotional code RCGQ15U23V
  • Click here to order!

Click here to view all Reseller Hosting packages!

*Free domain name for the life of your plan when you choose the Annual Billing Cycle, included extensions: .co.uk, .uk, .com & .eu

Comments

• Your website still absolutely kills my CPU, which is a quadcore skylake. I raised this with you before, amazed you have not fixed it. Impossible to consider as a customer if I have to deal with this highly CPU intensive animation in the header of all your pages.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@Adam1 said:
    highly CPU intensive animation in the header of all your pages.

More specific? Seems to be acting completely normal over here.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited November 2018

armandorg said: More specific?

There is an animation in the header, it's very faint and not obvious, but here, in FF, that animation uses 2 cores and causes the page to become compeltely unresponsive for seconds after clicking anything, including to close the tab.

When I raised this before, I was using a dual core skylake so was even worse.

Just tested in Chrome and the animation is fluid. Edge it's a bit choppy and uses 20% CPU.

However I use Chrome for personal stuff, and FF for work.

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited November 2018

@Adam1 said:
    Your website still absolutely kills my CPU, which is a quadcore skylake. I raised this with you before, amazed you have not fixed it. Impossible to consider as a customer if I have to deal with this highly CPU intensive animation in the header of all your pages.

We’ve attempted replication of this before and made some changes - we’ve had no other reports of this issue either since then. Does this only occur in Firefox, and what OS are you using?

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited November 2018

I did comment my results with Chrome and Edge.

Windows 10.

Odd that you cant replicate it, I can on multiple laptops and when I last raised this you said you couldnt replicate it so I took the time to ask a couple of people to test as well and they have the same experience.

• Will investigate further but as I say we were never able to replicate the issue further, it'll be the animated banner causing it but I can't see why it'd reak havoc on some systems and not on others.