Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday deals! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday deals!

Comments

• Stripe card payments are not working for me either. Keep getting an error about wrong expiration date of card.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dragon2611 said:
    @jar not sure if your stripe gateway is broken or i've just got fat fingers as it kept stating the date on the card was invalid.

Could be fat fingers given i've managed to typo the primary domain.

There’s a string of WHMCS issues that I may not be able to correct for several hours. It may work if you add the card to your account first and then buy. You can add it here:

https://billing.mxroute.com/clientarea.php?action=creditcard

It seems that the stripe module may have some issues with the order template, but all other order templates require a full update of the theme to function, and since they don’t specify which parts that may end up with me rebuilding the theme from the base again before stripe consistently works on the order form.

...what a thing to discover :(

• Thanks for the great offer! signed up to replace both Yaandex and Zoho on couple of personal projects :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

@sweatbar said:
    Can we use this in WHM as an alternative to mailchannels?

Technically possible but you'd send as a single sender. I still intend to put out a full relay service like that, but my initial plans for the frontend fell through.

I would gladly wait for the relay service. Is it on the 2019 roadmap?

• I've also been a customer since 2016 - never had any problems.

Any easy way to migrate an existing account would be to create an Alpine Linux LXC container &:

apk add imapsync

Thanked by 1jar
  • One can always find a server. However, one cannot find another MXroute. Much love.

Thanked by 1jar
  • DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited November 2018

jar said: back by popular request, a $5 plan!

This is a day of weird questions, so if you don't mind, I will also post one:

Could you please remind me / let me know:
    Where the servers onto which BF2017 accounts were deployed (Eagle) and the server, where you will create $5 accounts this year are located?

Or, if you plan any movements, where both of the above will be located?

• solairesolaire Member
    edited November 2018
    OLD_SERVER="xx.mxroute.com"
    NEW_SERVER="aaa.mxroute.com"
    EMAIL="[email protected]"
    PASSWORD="abc"

docker run --rm gilleslamiral/imapsync imapsync --host1 $OLD_SERVER --user1 $EMAIL --password1 $PASSWORD --host2 $NEW_SERVER --user2 $EMAIL --password2 $PASSWORD --ssl1 --ssl2

• The storage is enough for me, so I would stick with BlackFriday2016-$15/year/60G

• Why is there no LowEndTalk? :(

That's a deal breaker.

• pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited November 2018

Trying to order, but it says
    The following errors occurred: The domain you entered is not valid
    [edit] Sorry, my bad, there was a separate field further on for the tld (old eyes...)

• @Doutei said:
    That's a deal breaker.

Thanked by 1Hax
  • @solaire said:

OLD_SERVER="xx.mxroute.com"
    NEW_SERVER="aaa.mxroute.com"
    EMAIL="[email protected]"
    PASSWORD="abc"

docker run --rm gilleslamiral/imapsync imapsync --host1 $OLD_SERVER --user1 $EMAIL --password1 $PASSWORD --host2 $NEW_SERVER --user2 $EMAIL --password2 $PASSWORD --ssl1 --ssl2

Thanks for sharing that :). I am/was very tempted to upgrade my current packages for the sake of efficiency and reduing costs. The main thing holding me back was that I don't want to screw up the transfer. I think I might also just stick with my existing 40-60GB plans because I'm nowhere near my max usage limit (<5GB total spread across my plans) because I've had fantastic service from @jar and MXRoute. So, I'm ok with them hanging onto a few extra cents for my service xD.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MultiMulti Member
    edited November 2018

I am really interested in the deal. I would like to replace my old plan with it. How do I achieve this? You already mentioned I would have to migrate everything by myself. What exactly would I need to do?

I dont care about moving the mails from server A to server B but what would happen to the domains etc.? Can they just be pushed to the new service?

• vinayagavinayaga Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks a ton, jar. Excellent deal, paid by PayPal as stripe had some issues. My third order with you, and I intend to keep all of them.

Only issue, I still see unlimited disk space on the first order on the eagle server :-)

• I have one 10GB deal from last may 2017. Totally idle but still going to bite for $5/y deal. Like the service and can't help!

• @vinayaga said:
    Only issue, I still see unlimited disk space on the first order on the eagle server :-)

I think I've read somewhere, that the glitch you described would be resolved automaticaly after a server restart.
    I had the same issue on a 2016 deal on ocean server and suddenly one day it started showing correct usage.

• Damn, I just bought one and realized I have an unused biennially package.

@pepa65 said:
    Trying to order, but it says
    The following errors occurred: The domain you entered is not valid
    [edit] Sorry, my bad, there was a separate field further on for the tld (old eyes...)

I'm honestly not sure, I haven't had that error reported by another yet. If you DM me the domain name I'll test it out.

@DataRecovery said:

jar said: back by popular request, a $5 plan!

This is a day of weird questions, so if you don't mind, I will also post one:

Could you please remind me / let me know:
    Where the servers onto which BF2017 accounts were deployed (Eagle) and the server, where you will create $5 accounts this year are located?

Or, if you plan any movements, where both of the above will be located?

Some servers have moved around, but eagle is and will remain in Dallas. Everything ordered today is going to Hetzner in Germany. Another Dallas server will be coming soon.

vinayaga said: Only issue, I still see unlimited disk space on the first order on the eagle server :-)

I'm just happy we're not at 50% iowait anymore ;)

Thanked by 1eol
  • pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited November 2018

@jar I put in domainname.tld instead of domainname and tld in the separate fields (didn't see those thin low-contrast lines so well...)
    I got my order processed now. :smile:

Thanked by 1jar
  • Upgraded storage, the Hetzner Germany location is a nice change. Thanks for the offer.

• After reviewing my current email use and actual storage of < 1GB for the past 15 years, I went ahead and purchased a mxroute $5.00 plan for 3 years. Looking forward to migrating over the next few days.

• upgraded to 100Gb storage plan.

is there any possibility to use my own custom domain via CNAME to replace the generic mxlogin domain for white labelling?

• Damn, I have the 2016 BF same price for 20GB (0.7GB used). Tempted to upgrade but not really worth it due to my low usage :p @Jar the 2016 BF is located where? Though I doubt having the server closer to EU matters much

@eDigital said:
    upgraded to 100Gb storage plan.

is there any possibility to use my own custom domain via CNAME to replace the generic domain for white labelling?

Yeah just use this guide:

https://mxroute.helpscoutdocs.com/article/42-how-so-i-use-custom-hostnames-for-smtp-imap-pop-and-webmail

Thanked by 1eDigital
  • I was going to bite on the 15 a year plan, but then I remembered I lost your car.

That would break me a car and 15 a year. That's a lot of cash.

Thanked by 2jar Wolveix
  • @AuroraZ said:
    I was going to bite on the 15 a year plan, but then I remembered I lost your car.

Too much vodka?

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@AuroraZ said:
    I was going to bite on the 15 a year plan, but then I remembered I lost your car.

Too much vodka?

Everclear way too much.