Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday Deals 2018 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday Deals 2018

13»

Comments

• Storage-Special-1 or -2 for nextcloud ok? Or should I go with SAS-Special?

• @ilBarista said:
    Storage-Special-1 or -2 for nextcloud ok? Or should I go with SAS-Special?

It depends on the number of users, but for a handful of users any of the Storage-Specials should work fine.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

ilBarista said: Storage-Special-1 or -2 for nextcloud ok? Or should I go with SAS-Special?

I'd recommend at least 2GB RAM for nextcloud (even if it can and will work with less)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • All Black Friday offers are valid for new orders till Monday, 26/11/2018.

End of Monday (CET)?

• Hi, is there a windows offer ?

• @mfs said:

ilBarista said: Storage-Special-1 or -2 for nextcloud ok? Or should I go with SAS-Special?

I'd recommend at least 2GB RAM for nextcloud (even if it can and will work with less)

It work on 512MB but 1024MB will really good for it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • UltraVPS is worthless to me. In the first few posts, Ultra says you can use a custom ISO, but after dealing with their support, that means a publicly available flavor of linux. No Windows. Why don’t you just say that? No support docs on their website. The console/noVNC only works in IE when the VM is in a GUI environment. Oh, and the 1-year commitment. The VM is set up with 2 virtual hard disks (/dev/vda and vdb) with the first being quite smaller than the second. I need Windows, and while I’m sure it is possible, this VPS is not worth the time I’ve already spent trying to get it to work. The only thing positive thing I can say is at least the cancellation and refund process was relatively quick.

• not every provider needs to be a good fit for everyone ;-) I think to not provide any help with running windows can be a proper business decision for various reasons.

@UltraVPS said:

storm said: Support is telling me that you don't offer any Windows ISO to install on my new VPS.

That's correct due to copyright reasons.

storm said My Google search shows UltraVPS has done so in the past.

No, we never did that.

if that was not clearly to see upfront then there's luckily a trial period with full refund ;-)

• is SSD-Special-1 faster than Hetzner cx11?