Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hi,

I would like to create a CDN but not with bind9 geoip to much false routing.

Any idea? Linux Debian

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We are planning to launch anycast-as-a-service soon. Feel free to contact me if you want to join beta tests.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Zen - we are planning to start with 3 anycast locations (2 US and 1 EU), all fully DDoS protected (up to 50Gbps per IP, DDoS protection will be billed separately). TCP load balancing plus GRE tunnels support

Thanked by 1Zen
  • MunMun Member

OP, what is your budget?

Mun

• @Infinity580 said:
    but not with bind9 geoip to much false routing.

I'd be interested in hearing the specifics of this. What was falsely routed? Fwiw, I run a worldwide private CDN based on bind9+maxmind, and it works for me.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @gbshouse said:
    Zen - we are planning to start with 3 anycast locations (2 US and 1 EU), all fully DDoS protected (up to 50Gbps per IP, DDoS protection will be billed separately). TCP load balancing plus GRE tunnels support

Estimated how much does it cost?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jimpop US may work but EU and others will routed to US, thats crap.

• @Infinity580 said:
    US may work but EU and others will routed to US, thats crap.

I don't have that problem. Have you created separate bind9 Views for each region where you have a server? Have you properly populated each View with the appropriate country codes?

edited December 2013

@Zen then help me, i dont find a solution yet.
    @jimpop yeah i did.

Only as example, i get also routed to us but i ping from germany...

• @Infinity580 if your POPs are close to AWS data centers, you can try Route53. It uses latency routing instead of straight-up bind9 geoip.

I dont want to use Route53 or rage4dns. Should based on my own servers.