Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta OWNED UNBRANDED 40% OFF
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• Good price indeed.

I've really championed Blesta for a while, since 2015 in fact but can no longer recommend it. I'd held off in the hope things would improve but nothing has materialised. For anyone thinking of purchasing this I'd recommend just going with a more complete solution from the offset.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @austenite said:
    Good price indeed.

I've really championed Blesta for a while, since 2015 in fact but can no longer recommend it. I'd held off in the hope things would improve but nothing has materialised. For anyone thinking of purchasing this I'd recommend just going with a more complete solution from the offset.

What issues did you have with Blesta? I love the fact they don't encrypt most their code. Makes it fun for developers :)

Thanks @Ympker for the share.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • austeniteaustenite Member
    edited November 2018

@HostFlyte said:
    What issues did you have with Blesta? I love the fact they don't encrypt most their code. Makes it fun for developers :)

The main issue is that the setresellerlimits call in the cPanel API currently doesn't work at all. So limits aren't applied to resellers correctly if you limit overall disk or bandwidth usage. I've detailed this on their forums, spoken with developers one on one, nothing gets done and it's been going on for months.

Edit: this is Blesta specific, competitor products apply these limits correctly. Blesta are fully aware of the issue to, they just have no interest in fixing it.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@austenite said:

@HostFlyte said:

The main issue is that the setresellerlimits call in the cPanel API currently doesn't work at all. So limits aren't applied to resellers correctly if you limit overall disk or bandwidth usage. I've detailed this on their forums, spoken with developers one on one, nothing gets done and it's been going on for months.

Edit: this is Blesta specific, competitor products apply these limits correctly. Blesta are fully aware of the issue to, they just have no interest in fixing it.

This isn't a bug fix but a change to the way the module works for resellers. It is not a simple "fix", the module has never worked that way. We're looking into it. We have not said that we are not going to do anything, or that we have no interest in it. I would say that the opposite is true.

• This isn't a bug fix but a change to the way the module works for resellers. It is not a simple "fix", the module has never worked that way. We're looking into it. We have not said that we are not going to do anything, or that we have no interest in it. I would say that the opposite is true.

Nice to see you in and around LET, Paul. I was just going by what I'd seen, I could be wrong it just didn't seem like it was being treated as a high priority for what I'd say is a pretty serious flaw in all honesty.

Happy to be proven wrong.