Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blacklist and Log Monitoring (free beta) @ Nixstats
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blacklist and Log Monitoring (free beta) @ Nixstats

vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Nixstats now offers 2 new beta features. These will be free to use during beta.

Blacklist Monitoring
Keep track of your IP space reputation. Essential to any hosting provider that wants to know if their clients are sending spam, hosting malware...

This is a pretty straight forward feature. Just add your IP CIDR blocks, single IP's or hostnames and set some contacts to receive alerts about new listings and delistings.

• Add up to 8192 IP's during free beta (let us know if you need more)
  • Checks performed every 12 hours
  • Checking a total of 135 blacklists

Log Monitoring
Logs are essential for debugging issues with your server. Manually going through log files can be hard and time consuming. Our logging features makes it easy to go through your log files using the search function. There's also a live tail across either all your servers or a single server.

• Storing logging data for 14 days
  • Up to 10GB of logging data per day (let us know if you need more)
  • Create alerts based on the search function

You'll find these new features on your Nixstats dashboard.

Live tail:

Search:

Comments

• Saw the email about this, looks nice! Will be sure to try it out :-)

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited November 2018

I don't know how you could do it but like "neighbor watching" IP blacklisting would be interesting because like with OVH if you get a /27, /28, or /29 with some bad neighbors on a /24 it might help you versus hitting your head on the wall. But that'd be mainly that trash UCEPROTECT listing or SenderBase listing a /24

Excellent idea. I have my own server monitoring thing, nothing against you or your service, but any plans to maybe offer IP blacklist monitoring as a separate service to those possibly interested? I've found free IP blacklist monitoring web apps to be not very good. If the service is good I'm one of those happy paying customers.

SMS notifications on certain blacklistings, like SBLs, would be great.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@doughmanes said:
    I don't know how you could do it but like "neighbor watching" IP blacklisting would be interesting because like with OVH if you get a /27, /28, or /29 with some bad neighbors on a /24 it might help you versus hitting your head on the wall. But that'd be mainly that trash UCEPROTECT listing or SenderBase listing a /24

Excellent idea. I have my own server monitoring thing, nothing against you or your service, but any plans to maybe offer IP blacklist monitoring as a separate service to those possibly interested? I've found free IP blacklist monitoring web apps to be not very good. If the service is good I'm one of those happy paying customers.

SMS notifications on certain blacklistings, like SBLs, would be great.

You can add the whole range in this case. In the end OVH should be held responsible for monitoring their IP space.

We will offer this as a separate product as well, no need to sign up for server monitoring if you don't need it.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • asvasv Member
    edited November 2018

What makes this better than HetrixTools ( @HBAndrei ) ?

P.S HetrixTools is excellent.

• asv said: What makes this better than HetrixTools

No, because HT is dedicated for BL monitoring. Nixstats added this feature as addon to main functionality - server monitoring.

• @asv HetrixTools is good but NIXStats is the best when it comes to Server Monitoring ... look like you haven't tried NIXStats yet :)

• @wa44io4 said:
    @asv HetrixTools is good but NIXStats is the best when it comes to Server Monitoring

Respectfully disagree. I do not entertain an idea of pushing private server logs elsewhere. Spin-up ELK instance if you need logs or Zabbix/Prometheus if you are after time-series and alerting.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

nice one, very interesting however could you give an indication of pricing when it is out of beta please?

• @wa44io4 said:
    @asv HetrixTools is good but NIXStats is the best when it comes to Server Monitoring ...

Not for long... 😎

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@asv said:
    What makes this better than HetrixTools ( @HBAndrei ) ?

P.S HetrixTools is excellent.

Feel free to test us out, we have a demo as well. Or signup for a free trial.

@asv said:

@wa44io4 said:
    @asv HetrixTools is good but NIXStats is the best when it comes to Server Monitoring

Respectfully disagree. I do not entertain an idea of pushing private server logs elsewhere. Spin-up ELK instance if you need logs or Zabbix/Prometheus if you are after time-series and alerting.

Logging is a completely separate product from server monitoring. It's your choice to enable logging on a server, you can choose the files you want to monitor and logging happens over TLS connection.

@AnthonySmith said:
    nice one, very interesting however could you give an indication of pricing when it is out of beta please?

Pricing will be announced later this month or early December but will be very competitive. You can e-mail me for a quote at [email protected] with the amount of targets and interval of checks.

vfuse said: Pricing will be announced later this month or early December but will be very competitive. You can e-mail me for a quote at [email protected] with the amount of targets and interval of checks.

Thanks, i will just wait until pricing is announced then before trying it (or not) thanks anyway.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • wa44io4wa44io4 Member
    edited November 2018

@asv As I said, look like you haven't tried NIXStats yet ... Server Monitoring has no relation with Logging form Blacklist Checking ... they are separate things ... please don't comment about anything without any knowledge of that.

• @ronaldgrn Good Luck with your project ... don't forget to go for 90's design for website and everything else ;)

• wa44io4 said: @asv As I said, look like you haven't tried NIXStats yet ... Server Monitoring has no relation with Logging form Blacklist Checking ... they are separate things ... please don't comment about anything without any knowledge of that.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about, and if if you weren't just trying to shill or praise NixStats blindly, you'd know HetrixTools has had blacklist monitoring for a while.

Try visiting the site you're talking down before trying to sound authoritative.

I've used both and prefer HetrixTools.

@Kris HetrixTools auto monitors a full /19 ?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hey guys, there's really no need to fight over which one is better. As with anything else, there's always different things for different needs and different people.

I think that there's never going to be "the best" one of anything for every single person out there. So, the best thing is to try out several products and figure out which one works best for you.

As I've said before, I think that @vfuse has put a lot of thought and work into his platform and has ended up with a great product.

Cheers.

Thanked by 2techhelper1 Kris