Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give me best black friday deals for Pure SSD / SSD Cached VPS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Give me best black friday deals for Pure SSD / SSD Cached VPS.

goodonegoodone Member
edited November 2018 in Requests

Only provider older then 3 years and doing solid business.
Budget $40 to $70 annually.
40GB to 80GB - SSD or SSD Cached
2G / 4G
low cpu stealth time.
low waiting time.

Will be used centos web panel + 10+ production cms site wordpress. (extremely low visitor) but should load fast when visits.

Thanks.

Comments

• Give me best black friday deals for Pure SSD / SSD Cached Snickers bar.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • Give me best black friday deals for Pure SSD / SSD Cached links

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@goodone said:
    Only provider older then 3 years and doing solid business.

I would have suggested a few, but they are 2 years : (

• Give me the money

• Contabo.com 55€/year.
    Comes with
    KVM
    4 cores
    200GB SSD
    8GB RAM
    200 Mbits unlimited traffic

Thanked by 1goodone
  • goodonegoodone Member
    edited November 2018

@Ympker said:
    Contabo.com 55€/year.
    Comes with
    KVM
    4 cores
    200GB SSD
    8GB RAM

I was looking at them earlier. Do you have any personal experience with them? How is the uptime? :)

• @goodone said:

@Ympker said:
    Contabo.com 55€/year.
    Comes with
    KVM
    4 cores
    200GB SSD
    8GB RAM

I was looking at them earlier. Do you have any personal experience with them? How is the uptime? :)

Check my signature for my review.

Thanked by 1goodone
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

Beside the actual black friday deals, we currently have a recurring deal for SSD Cloud Servers until 31th November 2018. You get a discount of 50% on Cloud SE-1 till Cloud SX-32 with the coupon "ssdhalfoff_1118".

You can even save additional 15% on renewal if you extend the service by 180 days.

Have a look on https://www.fastpipe.io/cloudserver and click on "SSD CLOUD". All offers come with 3,0GHz core frequency, SSD Raid 10 and ddos-protection on all layers.

• @combahton_it said:
    Beside the actual black friday deals, we currently have a recurring deal for SSD Cloud Servers until 31th November 2018. You get a discount of 50% on Cloud SE-1 till Cloud SX-32 with the coupon "ssdhalfoff_1118".

You can even save additional 15% on renewal if you extend the service by 180 days.

Have a look on https://www.fastpipe.io/cloudserver and click on "SSD CLOUD". All offers come with 3,0GHz core frequency, SSD Raid 10 and ddos-protection on all layers.

Thanks just taken a look and it seems nice, I will let you know if I pick one cloud.

Have some questions:

1. What is your actual black friday deals? If this is regular one.

2. Is this an actual business? or just hobby project? What is the deals between kms-hosting and fastpipe.io?

3. That verified red review: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/fastpipe.io?languages=all&page=2

4. Can core / ram be adjusted regardless upgrading fully to a new package? No problem to pay additional if requires.

5. What is your server uptime?

Thank you

edited November 2018

@goodone said:

@combahton_it said:

Thanks just taken a look and it seems nice, I will let you know if I pick one cloud.

Have some questions:

1. What is your actual black friday deals? If this is regular one.

Black Friday deals will be announced on Thursday :-)

1. Is this an actual business? or just hobby project? What is the deals between kms-hosting and fastpipe.io?

We're on the market since 2012, acting as a registered business in Germany. We operate a few hundred physical servers (owned hardware) in Frankfurt, Germany.

It's not everytime possible to satisfy every customer, thats the nature of business. You will also see red reviews with other providers, indepently how good or reputable they are.

1. Can core / ram be adjusted regardless upgrading fully to a new package? No problem to pay additional if requires.

Unfortunately not. Our physical nodes are designed to deal with the load on a optimal level. In case we are starting to offer upgrades only to single components, we will generate crooked load on our nodes, impacting customers performance.

Smaller offers are deployed on specific nodes, larger offers sometimes on nodes with only two instances. This process is automated, the target node for a newly deployed instance is choosen automatically depending on it's host group, current and longtime load.

1. What is your server uptime?

Overall, 99,99% percent. Our network is designed redudantly (stacking, multiple upstreams) and our physical hardware is based on professional HPE / Supermicro servers with redundant PSU, redundant 10G network connectivity and iLO. Cloud nodes are monitored 24/7.

Our technical details might be interesting for you: https://www.fastpipe.io/infrastructure

Thanked by 1goodone
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2018

@goodone said:

1. Is this an actual business? or just hobby project? What is the deals between kms-hosting and fastpipe.io?

They're solid. Personally, The 4GB/80GB ssd package looks tempting at 7.5 EUR/m after 50% discount. (hetzner 4GB + 40GB block storage addon comes to 6.5EUR/mo)

Combahton's DDOS scrubbing is more evolved though.

here's the network's LG https://lg.combahton.net/

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2018

@combahton_it said:

• As a company from EU, we are eligible for VAT reversal, do your prices include vat? I assume so?

• Are the CPU dedicated or shared?

• Do you offer DDoS Protection?

• How do you compare to Hetzner?

• Do you offer additional IPs? If so, how much?

• Do you offer cPanel licenses?

Cheers!

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

Be patient.

• MikePT said: Cheers!

Do you bother to ask questions without reading their website at all? Most of your questions are answered on there. Stop being lazy Mike.

Thanked by 1goodone

@MikePT said:

@combahton_it said:

• As a company from EU, we are eligible for VAT reversal, do your prices include vat? I assume so?

Please contact our support after ordering as registered business. We will change your accounts status afterwards.

CPU ressources are dedicated to you. You will not interfere with other customers usage. This makes our pricing even more reasonable in contrast to Hetzner which offers you only shared cores at the mentioned pricing.

Yes, we do. Our ddos protection is self-developed, self-operated and one of the only ones which offers real all layer protection. That means, we also protect you against layer7 attacks - like http floods.

Based on a lot of C-Code and the netmap framework, it's just not the next inflexible ddos-filter :-)

I dont think Hetzner offers real Layer7 ddos protection, isnt it?

I wouldnt mind comparing us with Hetzner in general. Our model is different, we are not doing only mass hosting as Hetzner does. Hetzner also doesnt provide any real custom solutions, which is one of our main advantages.

Beside comparing us with Hetzner, our customer area and backend processes are self developed. We are not a WHMCS/SolusVM based service provider as most of the existing ones are.

We offer subnets. For example, a /32 subnet starts at 1,49€ per month, a /29 subnet at 6,95€, a /28 at 16,49€ and a /27 at 25,49€. Your subnet is routed to your server. The routing can be changed within our customer area (or over our REST API - e.g. for failover solutions) at any time. You can also set your own reverse-dns records.

As the demand in Europe for cPanel licenses is very low, we're not offering cPanel at this time. I will think about it.

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware

@Foul said:

MikePT said: Cheers!

Do you bother to ask questions without reading their website at all? Most of your questions are answered on there. Stop being lazy Mike.

Website opens here but its in German and I am in mobile tho. Doesnt allow me to change the language

@combahton_it said:

@MikePT said:

@combahton_it said:

Please contact our support after ordering as registered business. We will change your accounts status afterwards.

CPU ressources are dedicated to you. You will not interfere with other customers usage. This makes our pricing even more reasonable in contrast to Hetzner which offers you only shared cores at the mentioned pricing.

Yes, we do. Our ddos protection is self-developed, self-operated and one of the only ones which offers real all layer protection. That means, we also protect you against layer7 attacks - like http floods.

Based on a lot of C-Code and the netmap framework, it's just not the next inflexible ddos-filter :-)

I dont think Hetzner offers real Layer7 ddos protection, isnt it?

I wouldnt mind comparing us with Hetzner in general. Our model is different, we are not doing only mass hosting as Hetzner does. Hetzner also doesnt provide any real custom solutions, which is one of our main advantages.

Beside comparing us with Hetzner, our customer area and backend processes are self developed. We are not a WHMCS/SolusVM based service provider as most of the existing ones are.

We offer subnets. For example, a /32 subnet starts at 1,49€ per month, a /29 subnet at 6,95€, a /28 at 16,49€ and a /27 at 25,49€. Your subnet is routed to your server. The routing can be changed within our customer area (or over our REST API - e.g. for failover solutions) at any time. You can also set your own reverse-dns records.

As the demand in Europe for cPanel licenses is very low, we're not offering cPanel at this time. I will think about it.

Thank you very much! Very exciting. I will think about this. We paid our invoice 13 days ago so its not yet worth to migrate stuff.
    Do the prices include VAT? That is, we order but not pay so you can remove VAT correct? Thinking of ordering the 32GB RAM / 500GB SSD one.

@MikePT said:
    Do the prices include VAT? That is, we order but not pay so you can remove VAT correct? Thinking of ordering the 32GB RAM / 500GB SSD one.

Our prices include VAT according to your country of origin, for Germany it's 19% - for other European countries it varies. We can remove VAT up on receiving a valid VAT-ID from you ;-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • are cpu flags pass through? in other-words can i install proxmox on the Cloud SL-8 for example?

Thanked by 1Falzo

@combahton_it said:

@MikePT said:

Our prices include VAT according to your country of origin, for Germany it's 19% - for other European countries it varies. We can remove VAT up on receiving a valid VAT-ID from you ;-)

Damn awesome. Exciting. Will discuss internally. Need to think about this...:-).

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic

@ehab said:
    are cpu flags pass through? in other-words can i install proxmox on the Cloud SL-8 for example?

Thats not the case. However, you can use our Cloud Servers to run LXC, Docker, OpenVZ or any other container based solution which doesnt require cpu flags for hardware acceleration. KVM virtual machines without KVM acceleration might also work, but they will be slower as with.

From time to time, we have some inexpensive dedicated servers available:

https://www.fastpipe.io/dedicated

These are basically remaining stock offers, comming without setup fee and contractual binding. If you want something larger, just drop us a message and we will check what we can offer you on actual hardware.

Thanked by 1ehab

@combahton_it ,

Just ordered a test vm, speedtests are pretty average, tho. Hetzner network seems to perform much better. Could be the node where I had the vm deployed.

10GB.bin.1 5%[> ] 542.55M 6.15MB/s eta 32m 23s^
    (speed.hetzner.de)

10Gb.dat.1 66%[===================> ] 797.43M 23.6MB/s eta 15s ^
    (http://www.ovh.net/files/10Gb.dat)

You mention that the nodes are connected at 10Gbit, I've tested dozens of speedtests using speedtest-cli, can't seem to push more than 600Mbps.
    Even Vodafone DE, 2KM from your DC:

Hosted by Vodafone DE (Frankfurt) [2.15 km]: 1.646 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 440.19 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
    Upload: 560.93 Mbit/s

@MikePT said:
    @combahton_it ,

Just ordered a test vm, speedtests are pretty average, tho. Hetzner network seems to perform much better. Could be the node where I had the vm deployed.

10GB.bin.1 5%[> ] 542.55M 6.15MB/s eta 32m 23s^
    (speed.hetzner.de)

10Gb.dat.1 66%[===================> ] 797.43M 23.6MB/s eta 15s ^
    (http://www.ovh.net/files/10Gb.dat)

You mention that the nodes are connected at 10Gbit, I've tested dozens of speedtests using speedtest-cli, can't seem to push more than 600Mbps.
    Even Vodafone DE, 2KM from your DC:

Hosted by Vodafone DE (Frankfurt) [2.15 km]: 1.646 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 440.19 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
    Upload: 560.93 Mbit/s

Speedtests done over the speedtest-cli are rather meaningless, speedtest.net isnt designed to be used for testing uplinks of servers - it was initially designed to test your personal internet connection.

Most speedtest.net servers will not be able to push more than 1Gbit.

I recommend using iperf between both well connected servers, you will see much better and accurate results.

Everything others depends on your servers cpu, you will get better results with a large instance. As the network adapter of a Cloud Server is virtualized, every network related activity will use your servers cpu.

This test was done from a SL-8 instance, right now:

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from combahton IT Services (160.20.146.7)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Vodafone DE (Frankfurt) [2.15 km]: 1.878 ms
    Download: 870.82 Mbit/s
    Upload: 654.51 Mbit/s

There is still enough free capacity on the node your server is located on:

I have seen customers using their SSD Cloud Server, pushing over 1,2Gbit in peak hours.

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

goodone said: Only provider older then 3 years and doing solid business.

How about 8 years and pure NVMe with nightly backups of your data included: https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2018

@mikept try Iperf3 with single and multiple threads(-P 8) against ping.online.net . (-p to switch ports)

(-R) to test transfer from remote TO your iperf client

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • vimalware said: @mikept try Iperf3 with single and multiple threads(-P 8) against ping.online.net .

You'd think mike passing himself off as a sysadmin would know about iperf to see high speeds.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @combahton_it Thank you very much for your detail response. :smile:

Few questions, please

1. For backup restoration do I have direct access to it? I mean how it works? do I have to pay extra for restoration?

2. Do you provide any discount control panel addons service? eg: cpanel, plesk onyx?

@MikePT Thanks for purchasing and sharing the benchmarks :)
    Can you please add SSD performance also?

@AnthonySmith Thank you very much for your response. Can you please let me know know these answers:

1. Is this price recurring?
    2. Uptime of the server?
    3. Possible to add disk space?
    4. This auto backup system, where it keeps the backup file? Will I have direct access to it? I mean how it works? and do I have to pay extra for restoration?
    5. There's no mention of OS?
    6. Do you provide any discount control panel addons service with annual purchase? eg: cpanel, plesk onyx?
    7. Price of additional IP's?

@vimalware said:
    @mikept try Iperf3 with single and multiple threads(-P 8) against ping.online.net . (-p to switch ports)

(-R) to test transfer from remote TO your iperf client

@Foul said:

vimalware said: @mikept try Iperf3 with single and multiple threads(-P 8) against ping.online.net .

You'd think mike passing himself off as a sysadmin would know about iperf to see high speeds.

Didn't bother to, tbh. Network speed is meh.

edited November 2018

@goodone said:
    @combahton_it Thank you very much for your detail response. :smile:

Few questions, please

1. For backup restoration do I have direct access to it? I mean how it works? do I have to pay extra for restoration?

You have direct access in our customer area:

For SSD Cloud Servers, backups are created automatically every night at 02:00 am (German time) and they get stored on a dedicated backup server. You dont have to pay for restores. Whenever you need to restore a backup - we just require one click, the rest is done automatically :-)

1. Do you provide any discount control panel addons service? eg: cpanel, plesk onyx?

I will consider this as addon for the next months. We're currently heavily working on new services like Monitoring as a Service (Server Monitoring) and High Availability as a Service (Loadbalancer).

@MikePT Thanks for purchasing and sharing the benchmarks :)
    Can you please add SSD performance also?

I'm adding the result of a well known benchmark script, which was done on my personal CLOUD SL-8 instance:

ENSKY Media Benchmark Version 7.6 - 20.04.2017 edit by SP
    Teamspeak 3: public-ts.info
    Forum: serverboard.net

Systeminformationen 

Prozessor :  Common KVM processor
    Prozessor-Kerne : 4
    Taktfrequenz pro Kern:  2992.788 MHz
    Arbeitsspeicher : 7987 MB
    SWAP :  MB
    Laufzeit :   34 days, 28 min,       

Netzwerk Benchmark 

Internet Service Provider: