Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner direct upload.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner direct upload.

Hello...I hired a server in the hetzner auction I want to use to upload content to servers like 1fichier or uptobox, but when trying to do so, the upload speed does not exceed 4mb.
Is there a configuration that is wrong or are these directions blocked in some way?
When i perform a speed test on servers located in various places in Europe (which is where 1fichier and uptobox servers are located), it shows an upload speed of more than 100mb.
I am more inclined to think that it is a problem of the hetzner server (or its configuration), since I have a feralhosting slot located in England and has upload speeds that range from 60 to 150mb
Any help or comment on this will be welcome.

Comments

• ask them and provide mtr/traceroute from both location.

• Maybe your disk is dying (not uncommon in auction servers as you only get used disks even as a replacement)

• @sibaper said:
    ask them and provide mtr/traceroute from both location.

Hi.
    Being an auction server, they only provide support for hardware failure.
    I'm half gross to read the result of mtr, so I leave it here, to see if someone can tell me if it's good or bad.

redondit0@Hetzner:~/local$ mtr --report ftp.1fichier.com
    Start: Sun Nov 18 23:55:45 2018
    HOST: Hetzner Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1.|-- static.193.174.4.46.clien 0.0% 10 0.4 0.9 0.2 2.1 0.5
    2.|-- core21.fsn1.hetzner.com 0.0% 10 0.4 0.8 0.3 1.8 0.0
    3.|-- core4.fra.hetzner.com 0.0% 10 5.1 10.6 5.0 56.5 16.1
    4.|-- core2.ams.hetzner.com 0.0% 10 11.8 12.0 11.8 12.8 0.0
    5.|-- ams-ix.dstorage.fr 0.0% 10 13.6 13.2 12.7 14.1 0.0
    6.|-- ftp.1fichier.com 0.0% 10 12.3 12.6 12.2 13.4 0.0
    redondit0@Hetzner:~/local$ mtr --report ftp.uptobox.com
    Start: Sun Nov 18 23:56:20 2018
    HOST: Hetzner Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1.|-- static.193.174.4.46.clien 0.0% 10 0.2 0.7 0.2 2.0 0.3
    2.|-- core22.fsn1.hetzner.com 0.0% 10 1.0 0.7 0.2 2.2 0.3
    3.|-- core5.fra.hetzner.com 0.0% 10 5.5 11.1 5.4 56.3 15.9
    4.|-- online-1.telehouse-pa2.nl 0.0% 10 26.8 26.4 25.7 27.2 0.0
    5.|-- bb1-bb2-be12876.dc3.poney 10.0% 10 21.4 21.3 20.9 22.2 0.0
    6.|-- 195.154.2.33 0.0% 10 20.9 21.1 20.7 22.1 0.0
    7.|-- 62.210.176.241 0.0% 10 21.4 21.1 20.7 21.9 0.0

@pike said:
    Maybe your disk is dying (not uncommon in auction servers as you only get used disks even as a replacement)

The disk works well for what I could check. The upload speed to google drive is approx. 50-60mb, so I guess it's on the side of the location: S

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • @pike said:
    Maybe your disk is dying (not uncommon in auction servers as you only get used disks even as a replacement)

I'll ask hetzner to remove the new drives I got as replacement then, and put in some old stuff! Thanks for letting me know that I got something I shouldn't sir.

Thanked by 1eol
  • What kernel are you running? At 4.something there was a bug that limited your down or upload speeds. Try upgrading your kernel.

• @teamacc said:
    What kernel are you running? At 4.something there was a bug that limited your down or upload speeds. Try upgrading your kernel.

Was running debian 9 and all is updated..The strange thing is that when you go up to google drive it does it at 60-70mb ... it is the only server that does not give problems. I made a torrent to test the speed with my feral slots and it goes up to 30mb on average

• Solved.
    In case someone does the same thing at some point, the problem was the realtek driver.
    I wrote a ticket explaining my problem (in fact, a bit skeptical, since being an auction server it is supposed that the support is only for hardware problems, but they answered me in 5 minutes) and they sent me to the wiki to change it for the r8168 and now everything works perfect with upload speeds between 60 and 100mb.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • but you had upload speeds to google at those speeds?

• @Redondit0 I feel obliged to ask you if you like the so called "ricotta" and whether you have attended the last "ricotta mass".

Back into topic how did you resolve the Realtek issue?

• @Adam1 said:
    but you had upload speeds to google at those speeds?

Indeed, a file of 50gb, uploads it to 40mb on average to google drive

• @inthecloudblog said:
    @Redondit0 I feel obliged to ask you if you like the so called "ricotta" and whether you have attended the last "ricotta mass".

The last "Misa Ricotera" was 17 years ago in Cordoba...I could not be there, but I could do it in River a year before and give me two great pleasures, get to know the monumental and see Los Redondos live ...about the Indian, just I could go to see him in Salta (other times...one is bigger and with children now), and he gave a recital of put* madre..
    Returning to the topic, they gave me this address of their wiki -> https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Installation_des_r8168-Treibers/en and with that I could solve it.
    Regards!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Redondit0 said:

@inthecloudblog said:
    @Redondit0 I feel obliged to ask you if you like the so called "ricotta" and whether you have attended the last "ricotta mass".

The last "Misa Ricotera" was 17 years ago in Cordoba...I could not be there, but I could do it in River a year before and give me two great pleasures, get to know the monumental and see Los Redondos live ...about the Indian, just I could go to see him in Salta (other times...one is bigger and with children now), and he gave a recital of put* madre..
    Returning to the topic, they gave me this address of their wiki -> https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Installation_des_r8168-Treibers/en and with that I could solve it.
    Regards!

Great I hope you've enjoyed them. I'm an Argie myself too ;>)