Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the common practice in requesting a cacellation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the common practice in requesting a cacellation?

hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
edited October 2013 in General

Here is the question:

The invoice (monthly) due date is 11/01/2013,gernerated in 18/10/2013,if I request a cacellation at the end of billing period in 23/10/2013,do I still need to pay the invoice? I received the welcome email in 02/10/2012.

To avoid problem I always pay an extra monthly fee when I want to cancell a service.
This time I want to make it clear,is this a common practice or different by provider?

Another question to provider,how long would you set to generate a late fee?

Comments

• No, because you've already paid for October. If you set it to cancel at the end of the billing period, you should be fine.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • So long as you have not received a new invoice yet, All you need to do is press "Request Cancellation" in your billing panel.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • It really depends on the terms, e.g. some say you must cancel 14 days in advance or something.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

To avoid problem I always pay an extra monthly fee when I want to cancell a service.

You "always" pay for service periods you aren't even going to use, providers must love you.

end of billing period in 23/10/2013

You can submit your cancellation on 22.10.2013 (that's what I'd do), and whatever new invoices you had for that service are completely irrelevant.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We allow cancellation at any time, even after expiration.
    Also, do not have problems with customers with unpaid invoices when ordering new services but some try to circumvent this non-problem by making more accounts and this we do not like.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Wait...There is a cancellation request button....We usually just get 2 or 3 that just don't pay.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited October 2013

Thanks! guys,I checked the TOS,need to request cancellation three or more days prior to the next invoice due date.

"or more days" makes me confused.

I submitted a ticket to the provider before posting this thread,they said yes I still need to pay the invoice,which now makes me thought they are a little greedy.

I believe every provider should get proper profit,but this type I would say no.

update:I asked the provider why I need to pay a invoice (11/01/2013 - 11/30/2013),the provider tell me I don't need to pay a future invoice,don't know it's kidding or he misunderstood my ticket before.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@hiphiphip0 said:
    Thanks! guys,I checked the TOS,need to request cancellation three or more days prior to the next invoice due date.

FYI this is not enforceable just because it is in their terms, they cannot make you pay a penny for service you are not intending to use and will have no material benefit from but if you paid it they would have material gain which would create an imbalance in the contract between you.

If the invoice is generated on the 1st November (in advance) but your active service is not due until 14th of November you do not have to give them notice by 28th Oct, you just should give them some notice prior to 14th