Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS sponsorship for University Project
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS sponsorship for University Project

Hi,

I'm looking for a VPS sponsorship for a University Project. It is completely non-profit and will be used to run a WordPress website where students can access co-curricular opportunities and register for guest lectures etc.

I'll be grateful if the community can help.Please PM is willing to help. Thanks!

Comments

• We need more details.

• You could, ya know, not say "Hey I want a VPS with a good excuse for hacking and flooding"

• Sure, will provide all relevant details whatever is required. :)

Thanked by 1eol
  • @ajayuk said:

I'm looking for a VPS sponsorship for a University Project. It is completely non-profit and will be used to run a WordPress website where students can access co-curricular opportunities and register for guest lectures etc.

Students at a single university or students at every university in the world?

Thanked by 1mfs
  • Single University sir. It will be for benefit or 1500+ students.

• Why can't you host this in your university's webspace?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • On which part of the world this university is located?

• @crpatel said:
    On which part of the world this university is located?

India

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What's your gender? This is important.

• The OP joined on November 14, this is his very first post. Am skeptical.

• @angstrom said:
    The OP joined on November 14, this is his very first post. Am skeptical.

I saw this forum while looking for vps sponsorship, so, thought of requesting here. I'd written purpose of joining forum in registration form also. And I'm ready to provide all needed details to the prospective host.

• @saibal said:
    Why can't you host this in your university's webspace?

Will move it on University Servers once its fully developed and useful to students within 6-12 months.

Hm, now this is starting to smell.

• Can you enlighten more information, please? Asking a single question here and there won't make sense to us.

A university that has 1500+ students and no availability of web space doesn't make sense to me!

ajayuk said: Single University sir. It will be for benefit or 1500+ students.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

What's barring the University Servers from deploying a KVM for a project of the students of the very same University?

• ajayuk said: Will move it on University Servers once its fully developed and useful to students within 6-12 months.

I'm sorry, but this is more fishy.

Why can't you create it on the university servers now?

• ajayuk said: Will move it on University Servers once its fully developed and useful to students within 6-12 months.

If it is a matter of a year, you can spin up resources from amazon or google.

• @crpatel said:

Can you enlighten more information, please? Asking a single question here and there won't make sense to us.

A university that has 1500+ students and no availability of web space doesn't make sense to me!

University has several colleges, the website will only be for one college wich has ~1700 students. It's a student body so unless the project is fully developed and students start using it University admins won't host it plus even if they do they'll give limited control only.

• @ajayuk said:

@saibal said:
    Why can't you host this in your university's webspace?

Will move it on University Servers once its fully developed and useful to students within 6-12 months.

You can always develop and host your website on a machine inside the university network. FB started off exactly like that. Why do you need a vps if it is only for students at your university?

• ajayuk said: one college wich has ~1700 students

Have you approached the college for sponsorship?

• @ajayuk said:

@crpatel said:

Can you enlighten more information, please? Asking a single question here and there won't make sense to us.

University has several colleges, the website will only be for one college wich has ~1700 students. It's a student body so unless the project is fully developed and students start using it University admins won't host it plus even if they do they'll give limited control only.

Strange...

• crpatel said: If it is a matter of a year, you can spin up resources from amazon or google.

Or wait a few days and spend a few rupees on a BF deal...

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • You can create a free WordPress site, at https://wordpress.com/ , just choose the Free plan.

Thanked by 2Falzo TheKiller
  • @crpatel said:

ajayuk said: Will move it on University Servers once its fully developed and useful to students within 6-12 months.

If it is a matter of a year, you can spin up resources from amazon or google.

Tried, but it's not accepting Indian debit card, Google Cloud suspended the billing account after it partially accepted the card...

What kind of uni hots only finished projects? Get a transfer outta there.

• Actually we're not tech. students... We're from humanities stream. So, it's tricky to make our college authorities understand the thing and it's use and convenience for students... once it's live we can demonstrate and show it's usefulness...

• @datanoise said:

crpatel said: If it is a matter of a year, you can spin up resources from amazon or google.

Or wait a few days and spend a few rupees on a BF deal...

BF deal?

• pm @BharatB he will give best advise for you.

Thanked by 1BharatB

Blackfriday deals. You will still need to pay.

And, to be honest, I am not buying your story.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Me neither.