Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small VPS for mail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small VPS for mail

Hello

I am looking for a small VPS for mail, firstly I would like to play with software like iredmail, secondly I have a dedi at some company and I have registered acciunt with the e-mail that is hosted on the same server so if for some reason it will fail I won't be able to contact with my provider. I will not send any spam and I need it for playing with the software and for only one mailbox. Can anyone offer me something in europe?

Comments

• Play around with iredmail on a local VM and go with MXRoute to handle the actual mailing?

• Would this work?

1vCore
    25GB HDD Disk
    512MB RAM
    1024MB Swap RAM
    500GB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4

Can have it available in Germany, France, Finland and UK for £19.99 per year.

Thanked by 1rdpground
  • no - I want VPS, I like to host myself as much as possible.

• @marson said:
    no - I want VPS, I like to host myself as much as possible.

@ramnet has clean IPs, go for a TinyKVM for MTA, and setup the rest of your crap on something larger.

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2018

@marson said:
    no - I want VPS, I like to host myself as much as possible.

go for HostDoc. The offer is a kvm if i am not mistaken.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Just don't let a doctor probe you.

• i know your end deank

Thanked by 3eol gol3m Falzo
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We can help! Check our https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/openvz-vps.html website for our plans :)

• david in the house.... we all Bowwww

• deank i said bow not bend

I didn't do nothin'. I am entirely, utterly, unmostly, innocent.

• The first time I heard "cavity search" was when I started to play GTA V.

edited November 2018

GTA, teaching us the real life since 1997.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • Mailcow's non-docker Githib script is still usable. I forgot why I don't use iRedMail and the iRedAdmin-Pro looked nice but the pricing was ridiculous. Annual renew fee wasn't too bad.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@marson said:
    Hello

I am looking for a small VPS for mail, firstly I would like to play with software like iredmail, secondly I have a dedi at some company and I have registered acciunt with the e-mail that is hosted on the same server so if for some reason it will fail I won't be able to contact with my provider. I will not send any spam and I need it for playing with the software and for only one mailbox. Can anyone offer me something in europe?

Please check our frankfurt location

https://qovic.com/virtual-servers

• ULTRAVPS.EU has some 512mb KVM. Under 24 euro/y IIRC

Thanked by 2Falzo UltraVPS
  • doughmanes said: Mailcow's non-docker Githib script is still usable.

Usermin (without webmin!) is an option for light email management (and it's on FreeBSD port tree)

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Our KVM Power Light is your perfect choice in germany. Own Server, Router, Switches and Control Panel.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • 512MB RAM wont be enought for iredmail, because it comes with amavis and sogo.

2 GB of memory is recommended for a low traffic production server. Spam/Virus scanning will take most system resource.

You can deactivate the features, but iirc you're forced to use amavis during installation.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I manage a 2GB VPS for a friend's business and his mailserver using that Mailcow install for the past 2-3 years. 36% RAM usage right now and he has 5 employees, 3 devices per employee and they're a 24/7 company. A decent volume of daily mail too. No issues whatsoever.

Thanked by 2datanoise vimalware
  • I've run personal mail servers in various providers

• linode, personal fav. their ipv4 are clean, the default ipv6 is usually on spamhaus but the additional ipv6 are clean (and free)

• digitalocean, their IPs are OKish

• hosthatch, their sweden location has clean-smooth IPs, their amsterdam location is not so good

• hetzner, spamhaus blocks requests from hetzner range so you'll need to have a free account to use them.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Tested locations

Linode, japan dc 1 and 2
    Do singapore and Bangladesh

• @ehab said:
    i know your end deank

Now I understand Marsons' facial expression.

• Thank you for all replies, as others said the minimum of RAM is 2 GB because of antivirus and anti-spam modules so I think I will stick with 2 GB, unfortunately I have no idea about CPU utilization. I consider buying OVH VPS SSD 1 or kimsufi KS-3, so I can use it to HDD space as a backup, but I don't know if Intel Atom N2800 or VPS-SSD1 will be sufficient to handle 1 mailbox?

• @marson hetzner cloud does the trick, €3.01 incl vat for 2gb ram, 1 core, 20GB NVMe SSD, 20tb traffic

• @FoxelVox The problem is that I have dedi at hetzner and I don't want to have mail in the same DC

• @marson said:
    @FoxelVox The problem is that I have dedi at hetzner and I don't want to have mail in the same DC

Hetzner cloud has more than one DC. Just pick a different DC. Hetzner are a provider that isn't going to go away tomorrow so you should be safe, though do always keep backups of course