Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

W3 Cache on Minstall shell script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

W3 Cache on Minstall shell script

sumeshpremrajsumeshpremraj Member
edited February 2012 in General

I'm using @maxexcloo 's Minstall to speed up VPS setup, and then a few ssh commands to install WP and W3 Total Cache. However, W3TC seems unable to implement page rewrite rules properly.

"It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working. If using apache, verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess or if using nginx verify all configuration files are included in the configuration."

Which file should I point W3TC to, for rewrite rules? The usual /etc/nginx config file does not seem to work.

Comments

• Go to the /etc/nginx folder.
    Locate in the nginx.conf the section related to your blog, is a "server" section between brackets, also it must say some stuff about "server_name myfreakingblog.com" or whatever is called your site.
    If isn't there, locate the line "include", probably it will say something like "sites-available/.conf" or "vhosts/" and go to that directory.
    Then look for the same "server" section in these files.
    Finally, have fun rewriting for Nginx n_n http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpRewriteModule
    Surely there are some rules posted around for W3, I don't have any idea :P

• Thanks @yomero
    As for rewrite rules, W3TC now supports nginx out of the box, and it worked for me when I used it on a VPS set up with Lowendscript. Probably something to do with the different location of conf files on Minstall setups.